Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
nikkiolie

Covering a tattoo

Anyone have good recommendations for makeup that is good for covering tattoos? I have one on my shoulder and I would like to cover it when I am wearing Morrigan

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

You need correctors and a heavily pigmented concealer that matches the skin around your shoulder. Depending on the color tattoo, you want to use a corrector on top of it. Assuming you have a black tattoo, you want to use a peach color do neutralize the blueness and darkness of it. A corrector is basically a concealer that's the opposite color. You can find a lot of yellows, peaches, and greens. After that, pat your concealer on top. Don't rub or smear it or you'll disturb all the color correcting you've done. Then blend it out and use a powder puff to press translucent powder on top.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySiren View Post
You need correctors and a heavily pigmented concealer that matches the skin around your shoulder. Depending on the color tattoo, you want to use a corrector on top of it. Assuming you have a black tattoo, you want to use a peach color do neutralize the blueness and darkness of it. A corrector is basically a concealer that's the opposite color. You can find a lot of yellows, peaches, and greens. After that, pat your concealer on top. Don't rub or smear it or you'll disturb all the color correcting you've done. Then blend it out and use a powder puff to press translucent powder on top.
Thank you. Yes mine is black. I will look into those products. I have a green corrector already so I could just get the peach one.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Chii24

Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo foundation is great for covering tattoos!
Chii24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Curucar

http://kcaacbay.tumblr.com/post/3428...a-red-lipstick
^ is my favourite method. I tried covering my black tattoo with a thick layer of ben nye makeup, but it still showed through. So I tried the lipstick method and it worked like a charm.
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
agentsometime

^ Wow, whaaaat? I'm tempted to try that right now. lol
agentsometime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #7
AsianPsylocke

I use a thick concealer called Tattoo Camo.
AsianPsylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #8
Sweet Loretta

I use a concealer wheel from Kryolan. Not the corrector wheel with blue/yellow ect but foundation based colors. Mehron has one too. You can get a wheel or individual colors - the wheel is best as rarely does a person need on foundation color to match their skin.

Face and Body Artist
www.sweet-loretta.com

Face and Body Art Makeup & Supplies
The Painted Navel : Extreme Makeup FX
www.extrememakeupfx.com
Mort's Morgue & FX Emporium
http://mortsmorgue.com
Sweet Loretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #9
Triene
Triene

Dermablend brand makeup makes some very high-quality, full coverage makeup, as well as a separate extra-super-coverage tatoo cover makeup.

You can get their stuff at Ulta or maybe Sephora, or on their website, which I also recommend browsing for info on their products: www.dermablend.com

I use their foundation for cosplay to ensure a good-lookin' face all day in photos, and I can tell you, it goes a long way, and is well worth it.
Triene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
patriciarakel

Hard Candy (sold in Wal-Mart stores) has a really great concealer called Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer which is actually meant to cover up tattoos, and I've heard it's comparable to the Kat Von-D concealer. It's actually the concealer used in the link that Curucar posted. It's really cheap (either $6 or $8, I forget which), and though I haven't tried to cover my tattoo with it yet (can't seem to find someone who wants to attempt to cover my shoulder to shoulder golden snitch tattoo; go figure), it works great at covering my dark circles and blemishes, which normal concealers can't do. The only drawback to the HC Glamoflauge concealers is that they come in a very limited range of colors. But, if you're lucky enough to be have a similar skin tone to one of the shades they do have, they work really well, and a little goes a really long way.
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote