Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #2011
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Celine: Hah! A Celes army. I love it! Time to sign up more recruits!

You're not alone for FF5. I feel that way too about FF3 A LOT. Like A Lot, A Lot. They are the weird in-between games that have their own charms, but very little cosplay focus. I have future plans for those, but I'm with you. People turn around and start loving on them eventually.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #2012
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Celine & Tifaia: I hear you both! I feel the same as you guys about FF V and III. (as well as the storyline of FF II, which people don't think through it enough to fully understand and enjoy it, they only like to complain about the gameplay, toz loozurs lul.)

Personally, I think one of the reasons why people don't give much attention to those games is because they lacked romance. Final Fantasy IV had the love triangle between Cecil, Rosa, and Kain, FF VI had Locke and Celes and a very flirty Edgar, FF VII had Cloud and Aerith (and Tifa for the guys to drool over blech) xPPPPP FF VIII had Squall and Rinoa, FF IX had Garnet and Zidane, FF X had Tidus and Yuna, and so forth. And if you think about it, it is THOSE games that people talk most about. Sad theory of mine, I know. xP I wish it was the other way around. You don't need a mushy storyline to tell a good story, and all the other FF's I did not mention are a great example for that, they have great stories!

But if those stories are not their kind of stories, then they will be more forgotten than the others. and if they are forgotten, no one will want to bother cosplaying them as much due to the lack of interest. And if they do, (not including us fans of those games) it's because they've liked the outfit most likely. (seems that way anyway) Again, that's just my own personal theory. xP

Last edited by Liliana : 02-10-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #2013
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
Personally, I think one of the reasons why people don't give much attention to those games is because they lacked romance. Final Fantasy IV had the love triangle between Cecil, Rosa, and Kain, FF VI had Locke and Celes and a very flirty Edgar, FF VII had Cloud and Aerith (and Tifa for the guys to drool over blech) xPPPPP FF VIII had Squall and Rinoa, FF IX had Garnet and Zidane, FF X had Tidus and Yuna, and so forth. And if you think about it, it is THOSE games that people talk most about. Sad theory of mine, I know. xP I wish it was the other way around. You don't need a mushy storyline to tell a good story, and all the other FF's I did not mention are a great example for that, they have great stories!
Although I do love the romance in some games, I also don't mind if it doesn't have much (or any) at all. I agree with you when you say you don't need a mushy storyline to tell a good story!

Other than that,
Hi everyone, how are you doing?~ =w=

I had already planned to do 3 cosplays for Fan Expo but I wanted to do another, so I've decided to go with White Mage Refia ^^
I figured that since I'm gonna be her for Anime North meaning I'll have the wig/earrings/and boots already, I might as well!

Planned for 2014:
Ruby Rose (RWBY)
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid/World is Mine)
Kyoko Sakura (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Casual)
Ellie (The Last of Us)
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #2014
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Also remember that for us old folks, those games didn't come out until much later in our lives. Final Fantasy IV (then II) was THE reason we got an SNES and Kain was my first fictional crush at the tender age of 8. The nostalgia filter is quite strong for IV and VI for many older gamers simply because they were the games of our childhood.
Unread 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #2015
uzuki54

FF5 is a pretty fun game. I'm considering a Faris cosplay once I've finished my current one. Haven't decided which job class, need to look them over and decide which one I like and is within my ability to make (i.e no armor).

Kita-Kon - Red Mage (FF1) - working on
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #2016
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Kairi's-Fantasy: I'm still excited to see that cosplay at Anime North *.* I've actually never seen a Refia cosplay in person before, and I just love her white mage outfit. <3

@kaligoddess: Yes! I always love that nostalgia filter in such games. I'm glad that they keep remaking them as well, so that the younger people can enjoy them too. Now we all get that nostalgic feels, no matter how old, muahaha. XD Funny that the classic Final Fantasy's have been re released so many more times than the middle aged FF's like 7, 8 and 9 though, who have more demand... O_O;

@uzuki54: Ohh! Do make Faris!~ And do tell which job class you'd do once you've decided, she has so many good ones. hehehe!

Sorry I've been so slow for posting progress pictures of my Opera Celes. D8 I'll try really hard this week to get pics up, of the whole hand stitched cosplay.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #2017
Zaiten

@Celine: I was there! I just couldn't finish Aerith in time. I had a run in with a fabric misscut and didn't have time to figure out the problem. I've been working with it and made the jacket, but it seems a little too short now, so I'm debating on remaking it since I have no extra to work with. In retrospect I could have worn my really bad v.1 or at least used my first jacket but I didn't think to pack it. I was at the shoot, though, I wore a closet cosplay because Marth was too restrictive to wear. His heavy armor and cape really taxes my shoulders, sadly.

I feel guilty about joining the Celes army. =P Maybe I should join Seifer on the Terra side! Or be Edgar, haha!

Also, I agree Liliana, I'm guilty of loving a game based on it's romance story, so that could be it partially. Another factor is availability. I randomly got VI, which was what I thought was really III. I had seen I and II for the NES I thought and skipped over them. I never knew about the other games. I managed to get IV for the DS and loved it. Now I just need the rest.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #2018
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

I have officially reached the panic point. D: Fortunately, last minute panic makes me really productive.
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #2019
Penna Fae

Oh I would love to do Faris! From the artwork. That would look so amazing if done right. Having a thing for lady pirates I'd like to see someone do a good Leila as well.

I'd also love to do Rydia one day as well. One day warm!
Unread 02-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #2020
Celine
Remember me?

I hate having indecisive spastic friends. One is doing Kefka for Akon so I was going to do somebody from 6. Now one of the guys is deadset on Sabin so the two of them told me I'm doing Edgar. We'll see if they are still excited about it in another few months because ugh, armor! Dunno where I'd even start on him. Maybe I will try to steer them away from FF6 and get them back on track with our original idea of doing FF4's Four Fiend.s

Liliana: Maybe you're right about the romance. 5 just has a really bad plot and stupid characters. I can't even really put my finger on why I like it so much.

kaligoddess: I think most people's favorite FF is the first one they played. Like 4 will always be my favorite no matter what. So yea, definitely has a lot of nostalgic value. Dunno about you, but I certainly don't consider myself an "older gamer" no matter what my age says. :P

Zaiten: I didn't see you there! You should have said hello if you saw me there. I did FF costumes all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

uzuki54: Faris has the best designs. Her freelancer is so cute! I personally love her dancer, samurai, and mystic knight outfits as well.

Penna Fae: You mean like her black pirate coat Amano artwork (which they bastardized for Theatrhythm)? I bet it would look neat.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #2021
Zaiten

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...74149&type= 3

(I hope that link works. >.> I'm never good at linking Facebook.)
I was in the striped shirt. :3 But there's my best picture of you two, Celine. The others got some nicer shots, though, hehe. Next time I'll be in a Final Fantasy cosplay. I'm actually putting the finishing touches on Aerith's jacket now. Pictures later or tomorrow. Then I can start on my next project. I just have to decide 100% who I'm doing. (FF wise, anyway.)

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #2022
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Lil: That makes sense. It's a characteristic of those games that make it stand out. But I know for me when it comes to 3 and 5, it's because they are so unique from the tropes of the series that I love them so much. 4/6 will always be my favs, but 3/5 are right behind.

@Celine: I think it's because 5 is so ridiculous and different that it's loveable. It's silly! The characters are weird. But how can you not smile while playing?

@kaligoddess: Good point for us old folks. But I always thought of myself as the weird one. I'm one of those people that actually played the series in order as they came out in Japan. >.> I have a friend who's dad did a lot of business travel there and would always bring home video games. We would sit and play for hours on end, and she would act as translator. I always knew 4 as 4 and 6 as 6. Not this crazy ass Western number swap crap. lol

@Zaiten: I sees nothing from the link! lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #2023
Zaiten

Okay, might have fixed it.. maybe.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #2024
Seifer-sama

@ Celine: That's a good point about everyone's favorites. Honestly I have to admit I haven't played FF5 yet, but my bf loves it, it's his favorite!! I personally really like FF2, but I don't hear much about that one either. In any case, I was going to say come to the Darkside... I mean Terra side~~ But it looks like you were just pulled into being Edgar. That's okay too! I really look forward to seeing it!

@ Liliana: With you there on the FF2 love!!! I got it and loved it.

@ Tifaia: Hi. And how lucky you were to play the Japanese versions!! I sadly was stuck with whatever made it over here. :P

@ kaligoddess: You can do it! We are rooting for you! Post pictures when you can please.

@Zaiten: I will have to check the link when I get home!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #2025
Celine
Remember me?

Zaiten: Link isn't working for me...

Seifer-sama: I actually already did Terra and Celes! lol, I like both of the girls' designs. Oh yea, and also Ultros who is my favorite villain of all time. At least if I do end up with Edgar, he is a prettyboy, and I can probably bling up his design to make it more fun. Plus the hockey mask & chainsaw. XD
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote