Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 674 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #2611
KratosAurion28

Name of Merchant: Hybryda
Cosplay.com account: http://www.cosplay.com/member/128611
Item purchased (please include quantity): White Angel Wings x1
Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://i50.tinypic.com/2m5dr1j.png
Timeline (how long your order took to process): See below.

Payment: I sent the payment to her 10th January.

Shipped: The item was shipped 22th January.

Received: I received the item in 31st January.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

The only thing that got me worried was that it took a week for her to reply after that I´ve sent her the payment, I´m used to fast replies and prefer them. But she had been sick and dealing with other stuff and as soon as she was feeling better, she shipped out the item and took a picture of the paper were you can see all details of the "order". I was eased to see that paper, but I was still a bit worried deep inside until I got to see the item for myself. When I got the item and opened it, it looked just like promised and it was gorgeous! Surely worth the time and she was a nice and honest person in the end! Delay forgiven, definitely.

Comments: I haven´t tried on the wings yet, so I can´t say anything about them in detail, but I will put them on when I cosplay a character that has wings. So far they look really nice and was well packed. I can´t wait to try them on!

Final Grade: A +

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link

Next con: Närcon 2014 (24-27/7 - 2014) Linköping, Sweden
THU - Suit!Levi (Attack on Titan)
FRI - Pre-Game!Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia)
SAT - Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia)
SUN - Dio (Mad Father)

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 02-08-2013 at 10:07 AM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #2612
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Name of Merchant
Clobbaonline

Website
www.clobaonline.com

Item purchased (please include quantity)
Custom House Shoes Model 045 in pink
Loris Heart Ribbon Shoulder Bag in pink

Links to picture(s) of your received item
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3348298/

Timeline (how long your order took to process)
Slightly over a month

The customer rep emailed me back VERY quickly (within the same day, or the next, no later), and always answered my questions. The shoes were made to the exact size I asked for. Both the shoes AND purse are EXACTLY like the pictures. The purse is VERY high quality leathery material (it feels like a real leather pursr at least) and is very heavy duty. Over all, I have ZERO complaints. I am more then happy, and I will be buying from there again.

Final Grade: A+
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #2613
Nyra

Name of Commissioner: JDScosplay
Website/C.com gallery: [url="http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/member.php?uid=174387"]
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):
Fem!Prussia from Hetalia: This included her jacket, shirt, gloves, skirt, hat, and cravat.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (Ignore my derpy/goofy expression....and bad quality.) http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/a...91758757_n.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): First contacted him on the 29th of November with the first e-mail for a quote. Received it in the mail ust today, 11th of February.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: This commissioner was awesome! This was my first time commissioning anyone, so I made sure to research anyone and everyone to make sure I wouldn't slip into any scams. I stumbled upon this thread and began to e-mail a couple; I ended up going with JDScosplay because of his very quick response and his beautiful work that I have seen. Within a few weeks of sending e-mails and measurements and whatnot, (May have been quicker if I didn't do so many stupid mistakes. xD But he was very patient.), it was in the making. I didn't get any apparent 'progress' photos that others do get; I only got pics for when the product was finished. For me, I don't mind, but others might. He also can and will make any little tweaks with no problem; for example, Fem!Prussia's lining on her jacket was gold in the reference pics, but I asked for silver and bam; every little lining was silver. When I got the actual cosplay (shipping was extremely fast!), I was amazed. It looked even better in real life, and everything felt and looked professional, sturdy, and it was very comfy! Everything was sewed on from what I can see, and it fit me like a charm. The only small complaint is the hat; it cannot fit my head when a wig is on it. But no matter; it's not an important piece to the cosplay, and I'm sure I'll figure something out. But everything else was just perfect.
Final Grade: A+. Quick responses, beautiful work, attention to detail, and a very comfortable cosplay that will amaze you. But make sure to be a bit clearer on a few things; I learned a bunch from this and I may be commissioning cosplays from now on; the quality and detail are well worth the extra money.
Nyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #2614
Zooombini

Name of Commissioner: Dizzy Lizzy
Website/C.com gallery: Her Website Her Cosplay.com Page
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): A pastel rainbow, french braided wig.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: FrontBack
Timeline (how long your order took to process): I ordered this very early, in August I believe, but I requested it to be done on Dec. 20th. It was finished and on its way on Dec. 11th and arrived on Dec. 18th.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

My previous wig experience with Illinafli (See review here) was an absolute nightmare. I wasn't sure I would ever get the rainbow wig I desired or really ever want to commission anything again. That is until I saw Lizzy's reviews here and decided to take a chance.

And I'm super glad I did! The wig is stellar and Lizzy is both friendly and reliable, not to mention talented!

One aspect I loved was Lizzy kept me in the loop. There wasn't moment when I couldn't see what was going on. She gave updates when the materials arrived, when she didn't have to time to start coloring (holidays), when she did start coloring, when she braided it, and when she added finishing touches to it; most of which included pictures so I could actually SEE the process and give feedback throughout it. Even during Thanksgiving week she kept me up to date on the wig status.

This was a truly fantastic situation to walk into, particularly given my last one. When I wear the wig out into town or for special occasions, I get oodles of compliments. And I myself am in love with the wig!

Final Grade: A+
Zooombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #2615
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Name of Commissioner
moosedoom

Website/C.com gallery

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)
Akaito from Vocaloid. Only the jacket.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3350424/

Timeline (how long your order took to process)
A few months. But I was ok with this. She was about to move so I told her to take her time. After she got around to starting, It only took aout 2 weeks or so..

I have commissioned her before. I love her work so I thought I would give it another go with her. I was just as happy as before, if not happier. The last one was My Organization XIII Coat, which has less detail then this one, but she amazed me yet again with making the coat EXACTLY how I wanted..She even got the back of the coat right. He has this wrird "W" on it (still no clue what it's for) and she got it exactly to size and it looks amazing.

Pros: I think I covered that lol But she is great, and keeps in contact as much as possible

Cons: Non

Final Grade:
A+
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #2616
Mr. Tofu
Soy Bean Gentleman

Azayakachan

Name of Commissioner: Azayakachan

Website/C.com gallery: DAC.Com Gallery

Character commissioned and series/video game : Mrs.Osono from Kiki's Delivery Service & Kiki from the same. For outfits only. (Plus bow)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: OneTwoThreeFour (Note, Mr. Osono was made by me. Not included in this review)

Timeline (how long your order took to process) November 2011 - Beginning of April 2012

I chose Azayakachan after reading her ad on the marketplace here on CosCom. She boasted a background in design and was genuinely friendly. We spoke in the early phases about the cost (Which was very reasonable for two costumes) and decided on a work date. She told us she would begin on our project as soon as payment was made (Nov 2011), telling us she would keep us updated. At first she had many questions and was helpful to all our questions we had in return, but as time went on, communication started to fall apart.

My deadline was set for the end of February/beginning of March as my con was at the beginning of April. She assured me the deadline would be met without delay. Her other projects kept piling up and we heard less and less from her. We did not receive any sort of progress pictures, even when requested, and were lucky to get a response to questions. Deadlines were pushed and pushed and I finally received my costume the day before my convention with no idea if it fit or if it was complete.

She also argued a bit with me about sending it to my hotel, which I was not comfortable with, and had to real fight to get her to priority ship it.

The quality of these costumes were very nice. Colors were spot on and the fabric was thick and well put together. Seams were tidy, she labeled parts for us, and they were all professionally hemmed. They fit well, but hung a bit odd in places. We could wear the costumes for ling periods without getting too hot or worked.

Pros: Friendly, Quality Fabric, Durable Well-Made Costumes, Affordable.
Cons: Excuse after Excuse, Lack of Communication, Missed Deadlines, Lacking Customer Service

Final Grade: C+/B- but leaning towards the C. I would not commission her again because of my experience, but I would not warn people away from her either.

T-O-F-U

You know you love me ;3
Mr. Tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #2617
FlamingDawg

Name of Merchant: arda-wigs

Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 Lulu

Links to picture(s) of your received item: Top Back Side Front

Timeline (how long your order took to process): A little less than a week.

Pros: I heard many great things about arda wigs, so I thought I'd give it a try. The shipping process was smooth, and quite quick in my opinion. The quality of the wig is wonderful, and manageable. The bangs of the wig are also long--something that I didn't really like so much when I received it, but I figured that it was to fit anyone's adjustments, so in the end it was understandable for me. The way the wig is feathered though, that, in my opinion, is really a beautiful work. I love how the hair sort of fluffs and and acts quite lively like actual human hair.

Cons: My expectations were pretty high, especially after reading other reviews that have stated how thick their wigs were. The wig I received disappointed me slightly. The hair was rather thin around the middle-top of the wig, and the base becomes visible if the the strands sway away from where the wig lacks. Which is very easily done, since--as I've stated before--the wig is quite lively. So I'll probably have to go buy some wefts to fill in those spots.
Another thing that had me wry a bit were the strands that fell off by gentle finger-combing. I wasn't too happy about that, considering how the wig already lacks in thickness.

Final Grade: Overall, I'm giving arda-wigs a B. I really wanted to give them an A, but my luck seemed to strike out this time. I'll be buying from them again though, and will probably compare their other wigs to see if maybe it was a once in a lifetime mishap. Though, I'll also be looking for other merchants to compare.
FlamingDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #2618
KaiBu

Name of Commissioner Chergnomebyl

Website/C.com gallery http://www.cosplay.com/member/175867/photos/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)
Yoko, Only her rife.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs32/f/20...by_Zanarah.png

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://i49.tinypic.com/17y1xv.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Maybe a little over 2 weeks?

Pros: Chergnomebyl was quick with replies and quick to work on the requested item. When I received the item, it was exactly what I wanted, although I wish I could have made it taller, which is a problem on my part for giving incorrect measurements. But I am very happy and they did excellent work! ^-^

Cons: When I received the item, the stand at the end of the rifle was broken off, not that it wasn't easy to fix and I don't believe that it was the prop makers fault entirely. But besides that, there was nothing else wrong with the prop.

Final Grade: A-

Time Skip Yoko Littner: 85%
Ami(HHPAY): 0%
Saria(TLOZ): 0%
Kirino Kousaka: 0%
Sailor Stocking (P&SWG): 100%
More TBA

Past Cosplays;
Yoko Littner: 100%
Yui(sao): 100%
Asuna Yuuki: 100%
Lightning(FFXIII): 75%
Yui Hirasawa: 95%
Tifa Lockhart: 95%
KaiBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #2619
tsukeru

Name of Commissioner: Cyanna/Katie
Website/C.com gallery: http://playswithstring.deviantart.com/ or http://playswithstring.tumblr.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls (exact sweater: http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...no-d5k9htw.png )
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://playswithstring.deviantart.co...ater-354973684 (I will update more pictures after I get a photoshoot in the costume.)
Timeline: About three weeks.
Describe your Experience:

Pros:
She was very quick to respond. She would always respond to every email and question I had asked away. She updated me with progress pics along the way and kept me in the loop the entire process. She even took time to wash the sweater before she sent it. She included a confirmation number.

Cons:
Absolutely none.

Comments:
From the moment I got hooked on Gravity Falls, I had been wanting to cosplay Mabel. But since I didn't know how to knit, I wasn't sure what to do. I had stumbled upon Cyanna's ad in the commissioners on cosplay.com thread and thought I would inquire about. Since she had such a small portfolio, I was a little learly of commissioning her. I was proven wrong though. Every step of the commission process was easy, simple and great! I am overall, very satisfied with the commission. I do plan on commissioning her in the near future~

Final Grade:
A+++++!!!!
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #2620
sweetteasus
cold glass of salvation

I'd like to change the grade I gave for Destiny's Ending from a D- to a straight F. After awhile, she stopped replying to me (and everyone else she's stolen from).
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...postcount=2555

Anime USA 2012
Anarchy Stocking-Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Battle Bunny Riven-League of Legends

Nekocon 2013
French Maid Nidalee-League of Legends

Katsucon 2014
French Maid Nidalee-League of Legends
Megurine Luka, Project Diva version-Vocaloid
Amethyst-Steven Universe

sweetteasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #2621
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

Speaking of, my review for Destiny's Ending wasn't properly recorded....

http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...postcount=2590

Yeah, she'a crazy. -___-

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Final Fantasy AC Tifa: 100% compete
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PSwG School Uniform Stocking: 25% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PSwG/KH): 10% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 10% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #2622
ScaryMissMerry

Name of Commissioner: uniquecreator

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/182032

Character commissioned and series/video game: Halloween Town Sora from Kingdom Hearts 1, full costume + mask (minus wig, shoes, and keyblade as I already had them)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://25.media.tumblr.com/1de37f69b...cmrxo1_500.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid in December, received on February 25th before March 8th deadline.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Commissioner was always in contact and waited patiently for me to scrape money together and allowed me to pay in payments. She was also very polite and professional. The costume fits like a glove and looks amazing! I must have accidentally broke one of the horns on the mask or either it happened during shipping, still, it's nothing a little hotglue can't fix; it's just a little frail so I need to make sure I'm careful. The mask itself is very sturdy and awesome-looking. I love that the shirt and pants have a stretch to them, makes them wonderful and comfy to wear for long periods of time (it took me two hours to fully get into costume since I was home alone XD). She also sent along instructions on how to attach the wings. Anyhow, I really have no complaints and would definitely commission from them again!

Final Grade: A+!

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Sailor Venus/ Ishimaru / mastermind!Ishimaru

2015 Potential Cosplays
-Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill, group for Momocon 2015)
-Nora Valkyrie (RWBY, RTX 2015)
-Rosalind Lutece (Bioshock Infinite)
-Nagisa Hazuki (Free abridged, 50% off)

Last edited by ScaryMissMerry : 02-25-2013 at 11:27 PM.
ScaryMissMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #2623
ScaryMissMerry

(Double post ftw~)

Name of Commissioner: XhinYa Project

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.facebook.com/XhinYaProject?fref=ts

Character commissioned and series/video game: Dark Signer Carly Nagisa (YuGiOh 5D's) outfit and duel disk

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/4a45e3775...cmrxo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/37af60a83...cmrxo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/56e9062fb...cmrxo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/2e7139003...cmrxo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/095212577...cmrxo1_500.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid/began project in December, received on February 26th before March 8th deadline!

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: This group was wonderful to work with as they were very polite and didn't miss a single detail. We accidentally gave wrong measurements and they informed us of this immediately which was very much appreciated. They also allowed me to pick which fabric I'd prefer out of their choices, and always made sure to ask me if they were unsure about something. Although on the pricey side, it was well worth it. When I finally received the costume (which came rather quick considering they shipped from Indonesia), it looked great. However, there was a slight problem with the zipper on the undershirt; the undershirt appeared to unzip all the way but stopped at a set point which meant I couldn't get it on properly. I believe this wasn't a mistake but instead the design they used. Since I couldn't just slip it on and zip it up, my mother and I cut the band over the zipper off which then separated the two pieces. I still couldn't get it zipped up but at least this time it made it to my bust line. Still, this is no major design flaw as the back of the shirt is covered by the capelet and is completely unnoticeable when worn. The undershirt also has snaps on the back of the neck so even though the zipper was cut, it's not just loosely hanging there. All the other pieces fit perfectly and the quality is very good; I didn't notice any random strings hanging off or anything like that, the belt seems sturdy, and the duel disk (although a little awkward to wear at first) looks very nice.

Final Grade: A

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Sailor Venus/ Ishimaru / mastermind!Ishimaru

2015 Potential Cosplays
-Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill, group for Momocon 2015)
-Nora Valkyrie (RWBY, RTX 2015)
-Rosalind Lutece (Bioshock Infinite)
-Nagisa Hazuki (Free abridged, 50% off)

Last edited by ScaryMissMerry : 02-26-2013 at 01:55 PM.
ScaryMissMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #2624
Rhapsados
Real Life Prince

Name of Commissioner: wig-supplier

Website/C.com gallery: wig-supplier @ ebay

Character commissioned and series/video game: Short Light Grey Cosplay wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: worn by me, I trimmed the back and the bangs a bit.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid January 27th, received today (February 27th) so exactly one month.

Pros
Wig fits perfectly - usually wigs are just a bit too tight on me but this one is fine.
Easy to style
Good quality
Cheap + Free shipping

Cons
Slow shipping
Thin fibers, can just barely see the netting at the top (it's not really a big deal though)

Final Grade: B, not the best wig I've ever bought (that space is reserved for cosmonde, fm-anime, and Arda) but good quality for the price! If I ever need a cheap but good quality wig and don't have a close deadline, this is probably where I'll end up buying from.
Unread 03-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #2625
aliruth1
aliruth1

I'm really glad to hear this as I just commissioned them for my cosplay! I'd been watching your progress photos the past months to see their work!
Saturday: Enma Ai (Hellgirl)
Sunday: Luka Megurine (Dreaming Little Bird ver.)

My Tumblr
aliruth1 is offline   Reply With Quote