Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 02-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Ariis

CHICAGO- C2E2 & Wizard World 2013

Just looking for some friends to hang out with for these Con's! Most of my friends aren't really into it so I'm just hoping to find some company (preferably in my age range, 21-30ish)! I'm traveling from Michigan (Grand Rapids Area) if anyone is also from the area and wanting to carpool or anything! This is my first post here so I'm hoping to make a few new friends!!
Ariis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I'm actually in Illinois, but I may try for C2E2. I'm not sure about that quite yet though, but I'm at a 60% or so. Wizard World though I would love to go to just because there's people there I would love to meet ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Ariis

Last years WW was amazing! Hope you get a chance to make it out
Unread 02-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I will be heading to C2E2 this year, just the Saturday.

My University is paying for our tickets and our train ride up, so I only need to worry about food and the vendors.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariis View Post
Last years WW was amazing! Hope you get a chance to make it out
That's always good to hear! If you have been to C2E2 and Wizard World, which do you prefer more? I'm not going to lie, the main reason I want to go to Wizard World is just to meet Jason David Frank, lol. Hopefully he doesn't charge too much for autographs

C2E2 is still a maybe, although I'm starting to cosplay prep really soon just in case...It is looking more likely though! It would be my first comic convention if I go
Unread 02-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Kaydo_x

i know ill be going to c2e2 this year im not sure if im going both friday or saturday or just one day yet :3
-Belarus - Hetalia (100% done)
-Doctor Who Lolita(75% done)
Kaydo_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I'll be going to C2E2 since I've been going to it since the founding of it. It's getting larger and larger each year and I honestly hope it surpasses SDCC in a couple of year by taking over McCormick center, which by the way is the largest convention center in the US.

I may go to WW, but not really interested in it. Is there a lot of cosplayers there?
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #8
Ariis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
That's always good to hear! If you have been to C2E2 and Wizard World, which do you prefer more? I'm not going to lie, the main reason I want to go to Wizard World is just to meet Jason David Frank, lol. Hopefully he doesn't charge too much for autographs

C2E2 is still a maybe, although I'm starting to cosplay prep really soon just in case...It is looking more likely though! It would be my first comic convention if I go

Actually, this year will be my first C2E2, though I've wanted to go for a while! Wizard world was great in my opinion but then again I hear from alot of people that C2E2 blows it out of the water.. I was just really stoked on the photo ops and stuff they had at WW, and the cosplay contest was insane, I think it was about 100 contestants! Either way I'm hoping to enjoy both this year, guess I'll have to see for myself
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #9
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Actually, this year will be my first C2E2, though I've wanted to go for a while! Wizard world was great in my opinion but then again I hear from alot of people that C2E2 blows it out of the water.. I was just really stoked on the photo ops and stuff they had at WW, and the cosplay contest was insane, I think it was about 100 contestants! Either way I'm hoping to enjoy both this year, guess I'll have to see for myself
I was considering checking out C2E2 last year, but it was a week or two before Acen so I decided against it. I seem to hear some people say C2E2 is better, and some say Wizard World is better, which doesn't help me, lol. Wizard World has more guest I would want to meet though, and you think highly enough of it which is a good sign...Pretty sure I would mainly be taking pictures of people, browsing dealers, wandering, and probably being overwhelmed at either con! C2E2 is looking a lot more likely for me now though, even though that would mean I would have one convention or more per month from April-September XD Been curious which of the 2 comic cons in Illinois is better anyways, so will probably just do both...

I'll figure it out after I get through my con this weekend, but I have heard good things about C2E2 from a few people
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

c2e2 vet here, returning again this year, doing a panel, cosplaying, etc. I've only done Wizard World in NYC, and that was a hot mess, so I really can't compare it to the Chicago con.

First and foremost though, c2e2 is very much a comics show. You'll see some MSPA, MLP and a few anime characters here, but 95% of the guests are either comics or pop culture related-i.e. The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, stuff of that nature.

That being said, I love the con, and I'll been in Chicago from Thursday-Monday it seems, with the wife and a friend. We're on the higher end of the age spectrum (28, 30 and 30), but if you're cool with that, I'm not opposed to hanging out. The costuming is super great too. I'm involved in a 30 person Avengers group, a 30 person X-Men villains group, and a large Avengers villains group each day of the con.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
Ariis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
c2e2 vet here, returning again this year, doing a panel, cosplaying, etc. I've only done Wizard World in NYC, and that was a hot mess, so I really can't compare it to the Chicago con.

First and foremost though, c2e2 is very much a comics show. You'll see some MSPA, MLP and a few anime characters here, but 95% of the guests are either comics or pop culture related-i.e. The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, stuff of that nature.

That being said, I love the con, and I'll been in Chicago from Thursday-Monday it seems, with the wife and a friend. We're on the higher end of the age spectrum (28, 30 and 30), but if you're cool with that, I'm not opposed to hanging out. The costuming is super great too. I'm involved in a 30 person Avengers group, a 30 person X-Men villains group, and a large Avengers villains group each day of the con.
Wow the groups sound awesome! We will definitely have to keep in touch as it gets closer! I'm very much looking forward to my first C2E2 experience so it would be nice to be with some people who can show me the ropes! Funny you say top of the age spectrum, now I know it's not just me that feels old here! I'm 26, I feel like a large amount of cosplayers are very young (nothing wrong with that) but nice to find people more along my age group
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Ariis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
I'll be going to C2E2 since I've been going to it since the founding of it. It's getting larger and larger each year and I honestly hope it surpasses SDCC in a couple of year by taking over McCormick center, which by the way is the largest convention center in the US.

I may go to WW, but not really interested in it. Is there a lot of cosplayers there?
There are TONS! Last year the contest actually took way longer than anticipated because there was about double the entires as the year before! Well over a hundred of us! Some were mediocre, but some were absolutely AMAZING. Definitely a very cool bunch of people!
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #13
Spaztastic

I may be going to Wizard World. It really depends on when I have to move into my apartment in Baton Rouge. But since my roommate is already there, I'm hoping I can leave after I go to the con :3

I went two years ago to Wizard World, it was my first convention and I had A LOT of fun. My brother and I tried going last year by just walking in, because the year before they didn't even look at our tickets. Didn't even have someone at the door! And we were already across the street at the horror movie convention so we figured to give it a shot at just walking in. But last year they obviously picked up on people sneaking in so we were turned away. lol

So here's hoping that I don't have to move in on August 1st.

I will say, though, C2E2 is a little better in terms of 'new' guests. Wizard World is more for the 'older' crowd who are into cult classic movies and classic comics. C2E2 had new release-related guests. At least that's what I noticed when I went to C2E2 last April. C2E2 also has a better chance of expanding and getting large amounts of guests since McCormick has 2,760,000 square feet (to put that in prospective, the center that holds SDCC is only 615,700 square feet).
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #14
TunaSpleen

I just moved to Chicago last summer and I've been itching to go to C2E2. Anime cons are okay, but I've always cosplayed as superheroines and western RPG characters, and this year I have a pretty sweet Marceline (Adventure Time) outfit. Axe bass guitar pending as soon as I get a break in between grad school assignments to construct it.

I had some friends back home in St. Louis willing to come up and attend with me but they just recently had a baby so I think they're likely to reconsider the idea. Anyhoo, I'm 24 and down to make new friends.
TunaSpleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #15
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
There are TONS! Last year the contest actually took way longer than anticipated because there was about double the entires as the year before! Well over a hundred of us! Some were mediocre, but some were absolutely AMAZING. Definitely a very cool bunch of people!
I'll definitely give it a whirl especially since they absorbed Anime World Expos which included Anime World Chicago. Was there any anime cosplays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztastic View Post
[...]I will say, though, C2E2 is a little better in terms of 'new' guests. Wizard World is more for the 'older' crowd who are into cult classic movies and classic comics. C2E2 had new release-related guests. At least that's what I noticed when I went to C2E2 last April. C2E2 also has a better chance of expanding and getting large amounts of guests since McCormick has 2,760,000 square feet (to put that in prospective, the center that holds SDCC is only 615,700 square feet).
Exactly what I'm thinking. They've been pulling up a lot of A-List celebs to go to their shows and just looking at the abhorrently long waiting lines for autographs, I can only imagine. So ecstatic if they get to the point of taking over at least half the space and at the rate, it'll happen very soon!
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote