Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Closed Thread
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
yuuki_cross13

AN photoshoots!!!

I will be setting up a few times this weekend for photoshoots.
As I want to have fun also it was only be Friday and late Sunday.
If you would like to book a time message me.

Photoshoots are 40dollors per.
All photoshoots will be one hour.
all photos will be loaded onto a CD and mailed to you.

Last edited by yuuki_cross13 : 02-11-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to ad something

Unread 02-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

do you have photo examples? I think you'll have issues getting people without references! XP

and could you make your post a little more clear? $40 per doesn't say much, what is this per? Per person? Per shoot?
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
Madarame Ikkaku

Not to be rude, but this post comes across as just some random person with a camera wanting to make an easy buck. If you want to be taken seriously, you have to include a lot more info in your post (detailed itemization of costs, specific times available, examples of work, etc). I have a friend who is a professional photographer with actual credentials, and he has a hard time keeping his photoshoot schedule booked. Oh, and he does it FREE, which makes me raise an eyebrow at amateurs (no offense) trying to charge $30-$40 to take some photos. I'm not saying there isn't a market for paid shoots like you want to do, but if pros are doing it free, you've gotta put a lot more work into it than some random forum post.
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Rei-Azalia

Amen to this awesome guy who i have seen at many cons but never really talked to except to photograph. Your costume is awesome, Madarame.
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Madarame Ikkaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Azalia View Post
Amen to this awesome guy who i have seen at many cons but never really talked to except to photograph. Your costume is awesome, Madarame.
Aw shucks, thanks. That reminds me I really should get around to updating that avatar pic to something more current...

The ironic thing about me being critical of someone wanting to make some money at AN, is I'm basically going to be doing something similar. I'm waiting to hear back about getting a permit/permission to operate as a "mobile charging station", charging a small fee (like $3) to recharge peoples' cell phones and whatnot out in the parking lot area. I've known AN to be the place where cell batteries go to die.

*edit*
For the record, I'm not just doing it out of my car or something like that. I'll actually have several high-capacity backup power packs complete with compatible cables/adapters for all devices imaginable, a sign, platform, etc. Sorry to highjack the thread.

For the OP, check out ShahnaChristine's thread advertising paid shoots to see how it is (more or less) supposed to be done.

Last edited by Madarame Ikkaku : 02-14-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Please advertise only in the new photographer directory thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=314216

Examples of your work are strongly recommended.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Closed Thread