Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1095 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #57661
shmac

Straightened my Asami wig today. It frizzed up a lot at AlmaCon, and...well, I wasn't digging how curly it was to begin with. I'm glad that my straightener had a low enough heat for it. Next step, recurling it to at least get some waves back. Wondering if I should get some silicone spray, and whether I should spray it before or after I curl it.

Also, bought some sponge rollers to curl my own hair for River. Hopefully I'll be able to get it right before the convention.

Gotta finish a friend's mask...draft a pattern...dye some cloth...sew a dress...make some belts....no big deal. I can totally finish all that before April....right? RIGHT?
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #57662
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Got my cosplay stuff I prepped up for Anime Milwaukee Saturday! My first out of state con
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #57663
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Oh god, Katsucon is tomorrow! KATSUCON IS TOMORROW 8D
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #57664
Shirayuki~Chan

I can't make up my mind if I want to buy this wig for a cosplay I really want to do. The wig is pretty expensive, but otherwise I have her whole outfit in my closet already- I just don't know! Why do arda wigs have to be so expensive...?

Cosplays:
Daenerys Targaryen- Game of Thrones
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Tharja- Fire Emblem: Awakening
Opal Beifong- Legend of Korra

Shirayuki~Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #57665
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Man, I would be nowhere masquerade-wise if it weren't for my boyfriend being a musician/well-skilled with studio equipment. He just pulled off a pretty sweet soundtrack for my Tron: Legacy masquerade skit; essentially impersonating Jeff Bridges and his opening spiel on "The Grid", but reworded (he found an instrumental which meant dialogue could easily be recorded over it). And I get the needed intro WITH the insanely awesome music and no worry about the emcee screwing up the timing or tone. But the audience has to listen to it for nineteen seconds before I'm even onstage. Hmmm. I hope that's not too long. With awesome music to accompany, I'd say it'd be pushing it a bit but it's not too long...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #57666
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Blah. Amnesia Heroine is going to be a lot more money than I thought. Especially since I'm getting the dress commissioned instead of making it myself. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to thrift the boots and the jacket thing(if worse comes to worse, I do have one I could butcher for the cosplay...). Also hopefully sell some of my old wigs/cosplay stuff to help with the costs as well.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #57667
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Oh god, Katsucon is tomorrow! KATSUCON IS TOMORROW 8D
Have lots-o-fun dear~

Finally got another bin for the rest of my cosplay stuff. About time because I was just leaving stuff on the floor. Everywhere. Literally everywhere.
I've also been feeling the need to get some more KHR pics. For being practically one of my favorite series ever, I have a severe lack of photos. Next weekend it is.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #57668
Tak-kun
King of the Shotacon!

Need to get a new outer jacket for my Ken cosplay since my friend has finally reclaimed it (I borrowed it ).

It seems I literally have no pictures of me in my Ken or Honey cosplay. Which is very disturbing. Probably gonna head out on the holiday (Yeah, go president's!) and take some pics after finding a jacket.

Ken Amada Dark Hour uniform - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Kyo Sohma Winter school uniform - Fruits Basket

Honey-senpai Ouran school uniform - Ouran Highschool Host Club

Future Cosplays:

Sora - KH2

Roxas - KH2

Len Kagamine Append - Vocaloid

My Life In a Nutshell
Tak-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #57669
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

So it ends up I don't get nearly as much as others in way of work in run crew because I'm in wardrobe, and the only thing you gotta worry about in wardrobe are quick changes and making sure the actors aren't having drama with their costumes. So I may not have to spend all day Saturday in the theater, and may not have to go in Sunday at all. I KNOW WHAT I'M SPENDING ALL THAT FREE TIME ON. 8D

... In the meantime, I really should finish the buttload of homework that's due tomorrow. ... Yup...
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #57670
wonderland-chan

i need to make a chose my next cosplay, but there bouth so cute.
Shutocon 2014- I don't know yet.
my da: http://therealdeathnote.deviantart.com/gallery/
wonderland-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #57671
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

I have a friend who lives in the Northern Territories of Canada. She makes these things called Amauties ((pron; ah-MAO-oo-tee)) which are Eskimo hoodies that you can use to carry babies on your back, or random stuff. They are VERY Watertribe-esque (or vice versa, since they had to mine the idea from somewhere.). She's said she could make a Korra one for me, but the fabric and delivery would really cost more than I can afford. Plus her time.

Still, I'm considering it for the authenticity. It would make a killer Korra cosplay.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #57672
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Blah. Amnesia Heroine is going to be a lot more money than I thought. Especially since I'm getting the dress commissioned instead of making it myself. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to thrift the boots and the jacket thing(if worse comes to worse, I do have one I could butcher for the cosplay...). Also hopefully sell some of my old wigs/cosplay stuff to help with the costs as well.
Argh feels like everyone around me is talking about Amnesia and it makes me want to just go ahead and watch the anime buuuuuuttttttt I can't because I don't watch animes until they have finished ariring.. for a number of reasons. Dx

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #57673
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

My hubby is wonderful! For Valentine's Day, he got me Chobits and Fruits Basket! Now I have good quality sources for my Shigure!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #57674
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Argh feels like everyone around me is talking about Amnesia and it makes me want to just go ahead and watch the anime buuuuuuttttttt I can't because I don't watch animes until they have finished ariring.. for a number of reasons. Dx
It is good and adapts the game pretty well. Although the Heroine's personality herself leaves a lot to be desired.... On the bright side...there are 6 episodes left before it ends? XD

On the topic of Heroine, I'm trying to decide whether I want to pay extra for a wig with her pink hair tips or go with one that's just brown. I will probably end up going with the pink tips because it looks cooler.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #57675
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
It is good and adapts the game pretty well. Although the Heroine's personality herself leaves a lot to be desired.... On the bright side...there are 6 episodes left before it ends? XD

On the topic of Heroine, I'm trying to decide whether I want to pay extra for a wig with her pink hair tips or go with one that's just brown. I will probably end up going with the pink tips because it looks cooler.
Oh, sounds good. About the Heroine, I'm not sure but didn't she like lose her memory or something? If that's so then I think it makes sense she would be pretty.. well, bland I guess.
I don't know what she looks like but I'm of the opinion that wigs with more than one color almost always look more awesome than single color ones. xD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote