Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #241
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Audio for my skit's getting done, and I need to practice my moves a little more... I just hope my intro's not too long. My boyfriend's essentially doing an impersonation of Jeff Bridges/Kevin Flynn speaking on the "The Grid" track in the soundtrack, and the speech goes on for a little over thirty seconds- the version bf did is about twenty. FORTUNATELY it has a fantastic musical buildup, but still, empty stage for that long? Think we might have to speed the music up a hair and even cut some phrases to shave time off the intro.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 02-14-2013 at 11:01 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #242
MutantCanuck

Contemplating whether I should make a makeshift Lion Ushiromiya cosplay or wait until my friend can make the costume (once she starts it won't take long). I have the wig, though I need to cut it. If I don't do Lion, I could be Tris Prior (from Divergent) for Friday and Sunday. It's tempting.
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #243
zeekayart
derp

ONE WEEK LEFT!
I'm pretty much done my Nanalan' cosplay. HAHA. Just need to make Russer and it'll be pretty much done! I was going to wear Cybersix too but I think it's too cold for it, hmm, I wonder how warm the hotel is going to be on the weekend? I could always wear it and not go outside haha!

One week left till my reading week and the weekend of awesome!!
☐ ConBravo!
☐ Otakuthon
☐ Youmacon

2014 Costume Plans
?????????????????i
zeekayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #244
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Me

I'll get Watashi done...

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #245
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

I'm going to be spending the next week doing nothing but Con-G prep I suspect. I have to record and edit a video, get materials ready for my mask workshop, collect images for my other panels, have a new costume to start, a paper mache prop to finish, and several pieces of art to whip up. Oh, and printing new contact cards. T_T
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #246
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

Now that reading week has started, work on all the Con-G cosplays!

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #247
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

my Serenity wig that I wanted to use for my Fionna next weekend broke T_T ARG

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #248
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Audio for my skit's getting done, and I need to practice my moves a little more... I just hope my intro's not too long. My boyfriend's essentially doing an impersonation of Jeff Bridges/Kevin Flynn speaking on the "The Grid" track in the soundtrack, and the speech goes on for a little over thirty seconds- the version bf did is about twenty. FORTUNATELY it has a fantastic musical buildup, but still, empty stage for that long? Think we might have to speed the music up a hair and even cut some phrases to shave time off the intro.
Hands down cut it - 30 seconds of nothing is a loooong time on stage, even an intro, I'd cut it down for sure The time limit is 2 minutes but i've seen several entries that would have won awards if it was shorter and they cut the entry off before it got stale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekayart View Post
ONE WEEK LEFT!
I'm pretty much done my Nanalan' cosplay. HAHA. Just need to make Russer and it'll be pretty much done! I was going to wear Cybersix too but I think it's too cold for it, hmm, I wonder how warm the hotel is going to be on the weekend? I could always wear it and not go outside haha!

Excuse me, ahem *AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh *

Also when we've been into the hotel it's felt fairly warm so you'll probably be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I'm going to be spending the next week doing nothing but Con-G prep I suspect.
Hrmm me too I suspect :P

(Sorry lack of sleep to get all the awesome-ness contained into a program ) - also schedule if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #249
harudae
TOKUSENTAI

Sadly my reading week is the week after Con-G and this week is my midterm week. D:

I'm excited though! Looking forward to a con after all my schoolwork's done~ Gonna work on cosplays this weekend. "orz
Yamuraiha - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Maybe? Aoi Asahina - Dangan Ronpa
harudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #250
flash1616
don't touch the Mytho

Quote:
ONE WEEK LEFT!

Oh man, are you going to be Mona?! That'll be so cute!
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #251
zeekayart
derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash1616 View Post
Oh man, are you going to be Mona?! That'll be so cute!
Hahahahahaha yes, cute or terrifying depending on who you are!! Here's a work in progress shot http://25.media.tumblr.com/5bacb06e6...nw12o2_250.jpg LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harudae View Post
Sadly my reading week is the week after Con-G and this week is my midterm week. D:

I'm excited though! Looking forward to a con after all my schoolwork's done~ Gonna work on cosplays this weekend. "orz
Same for me!! But we just had all our crazy assignments and presentations this week, so luckily I'll have a bit of con-prep time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart:Dense Boy View Post
Excuse me, ahem *AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh *

Also when we've been into the hotel it's felt fairly warm so you'll probably be ok.
HAHAHA all my cosplay choices are so Canadian retro. I am glad you enjoy them!! And that's cool! Maybe I'll bring Cybersix after all.
☐ ConBravo!
☐ Otakuthon
☐ Youmacon

2014 Costume Plans
?????????????????i
zeekayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #252
MutantCanuck

Quote:
Hahahahahaha yes, cute or terrifying depending on who you are!! Here's a work in progress shot http://25.media.tumblr.com/5bacb06e6...nw12o2_250.jpg LOL.

Same for me!! But we just had all our crazy assignments and presentations this week, so luckily I'll have a bit of con-prep time

HAHAHA all my cosplay choices are so Canadian retro. I am glad you enjoy them!! And that's cool! Maybe I'll bring Cybersix after all.
Yes, do Cybersix!
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #253
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart:Dense Boy View Post
Hands down cut it - 30 seconds of nothing is a loooong time on stage, even an intro, I'd cut it down for sure The time limit is 2 minutes but i've seen several entries that would have won awards if it was shorter and they cut the entry off before it got stale.
Yeah, we just managed to cut/choreograph things so there's only a max of twelve seconds before I'm headed onstage.. now to practice said choreography. Do they have the stage dimensions up yet?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #254
flash1616
don't touch the Mytho

Quote:
No, no, that is amazing. Seeing your wip shot literally made me squeal out loud, you have to make Russer, I want to see it.
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #255
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Well... a certain someone doesn't want to do a skit-ish thing for the masquerade... Let alone the masquerade... If I didn't spend so darn long on his I wouldn't care...With all the rivets.... oh so many rivets....

Question: Is a "walk on" - show how his weapon works, la-dee-la-dee-da walk around, etc acceptable for the masquerade? Or are skits mandatory?

zeekayart: That's nightmare inducing

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain

Last edited by SuperBee : 02-16-2013 at 08:03 AM.
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote