Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #57676
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmac View Post
Straightened my Asami wig today. It frizzed up a lot at AlmaCon, and...well, I wasn't digging how curly it was to begin with. I'm glad that my straightener had a low enough heat for it. Next step, recurling it to at least get some waves back. Wondering if I should get some silicone spray, and whether I should spray it before or after I curl it.
DO get silicone spray. It's the best tool I've ever bought for wig-styling. I'd personally treat the wig before curling it, so the fibers don't tangle as easily when you're try to shape and separate curls.

--

HyunA is almost done~! I ran a test print of my shirt patches last night and they look beautiful. <3 I have to borrow my sister as a mannequin so I can place them more accurately and iron them on.
My shoes arrived, too. I bought them from the children's department at Sears and I was worried they wouldn't fit, but they fit like a glove. <3 Cheap wedge sneakers are hard to come by. ._____.

Now to make my peplum belt, stud my shoes, order my wig, and finish my jewelry. I might actually be done EARLY for a con this time! :O
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #57677
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So there is a free one day con coming up next Saturday. I've never been to it, but I really want to start checking out more cons, so this is a good opportunity. I pitched the idea to my friends about maybe going this year if we were all off, and they were pretty interested. It's only about 500 people and about 1.5 hours away by car, so it really only seems worth going if you're going with a group. Also, I don't drive, so going with someone who has a car is pretty much essential. xD;

The girl who has the car really doesn't like driving in cities or bad traffic, but another friend who would be along for the ride is totally fine with it, so he might be driving her car as his contribution.

So far, everyone except me has their work schedule for next week up and they're off. Saturdays are the first day in my workweeks (because weird schedules) and so technically the 23rd is the week after next. So if everyone else is available to go, I'm just gonna put in a request for the day off and hope they give it to me! As opposed to not putting in a request and hoping they give it to me.

So now I have to figure out what I'm going to wear~
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #57678
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Oh, sounds good. About the Heroine, I'm not sure but didn't she like lose her memory or something? If that's so then I think it makes sense she would be pretty.. well, bland I guess.
I don't know what she looks like but I'm of the opinion that wigs with more than one color almost always look more awesome than single color ones. xD
Yeah, she does lose her memory but let's just say her blandness doesn't change from episode 1 to 6. XD

Crossing my fingers I will be able to touch up Morgiana's household vessel without making it too obvious that I painted over the spot. And to finally get the chain that fell out back in place.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #57679
makotohanabi
Chuu?

So much for the no more new projects until you finish the ones you already started resolution. G Street Fabrics is having their President's Day sale and a bunch of green and red cotton twill jumped into my arms and begged to become an Action Girl costume. Bright side is gift cards covered everything. I'll need to buy a wig. Might be able to finish it in time for Balticon.

Bright side is I finished my Talisa mock up, and even tweaked it a bit. Been experimenting with creating the bloodstained look with scrap fabric as well.
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #57680
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I have been spending, probably too much, time looking at tutorials on DA. I want to sew!!!! Darn having to go up to the in-laws this weekend. I want to sew! This weekend is going to be fun. Most of hubby's family on his dad's side that lives out of state are going to visit and it'll be like a little family reunion. I just want to sew! :P

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #57681
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Tried to put on fake eyelashes for the first time yesterday. It is very difficult and I dislike it very much. I will probably try again a couple of times. I never thought I would wear these things. They make my eyes feel so heavy.
Sayaka (Puella Magi).....Progress 10%
Haruhi (OHSHC)............Progress 100%
Ruby (RWBY)...............Progress 80%

Cons for 2014:
Sac Anime Winter, AOD, NorCal Gathering Spring, Kraken Spring, EBRC Picnic, JPOP Summit, NorCal Gathering Summer, Magical Girls Gathering, Sac Anime Summer, Yaoi Con, Kraken Winter

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #57682
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

I love my new wig for Schera, so much happiness within in meX33

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #57683
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

I'm going to a convention in May and my friends and I are doing a group cosplay. And, last night I had a nightmare about it. It was the day before the con and I was finishing up my cosplay, but my friends hadn't even started on theirs. I started to freak out and I said "OH NO! WHAT NOW?!" That was it, basically. I may be over-reacting but it was worse than it sounds... haha. So I told them this weekend we absolutely have to work on their cosplays!
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Blossom (Powerpuff Girls - Original "post-disaster"/"geared up" ver.)

Planned for 2015:
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts - Steampunk)
Fem!Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #57684
touchmon
Make All The Things!

ARGH! The gold paint I had is too light for Morgiana's bracelets. >_< It also got a bit more damaged and cracked when I brought it home(I knew I should have put it in its own bag...). I fixed the spots that I could with the color I have but I know I'm going to need to buy paint later that's closer to this gold.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #57685
alisia lycide

I'm excited. I just finished the glasses for my Carly Nagisa cosplay! I'm going to buy the fanny pack & wig off ebay probably tonight.
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #57686
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Hittin' up AoD this weekend for at least one day, which should be fun but keep me from getting too side-tracked from all my Fanime work. And regular work. Ugh. Too much of that lately.

Next con: SacAnime (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #57687
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Gah one month till kon. I've worked on Seymour's and Sinbad today though. Over heated my sewing machine while I was at it too, I think I need to clean it.... or something?

Also managed to mess up on the lining on one side of my robe, which is probably the best place for me to have screwed up..... but at the same time how did I manage to do it? O.o

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #57688
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Going to Anime Milwaukee tomorrow morning! It's going to be a long drive though...leaving here around 645am, lol
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #57689
Tak-kun
King of the Shotacon!

With every episode I watch of AngelBeats!I'm more and more tempted to cosplay Oyama.

HE'S JUST SO INNOCENT AND CUTE I CAN'T EVEN

Ken Amada Dark Hour uniform - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Kyo Sohma Winter school uniform - Fruits Basket

Honey-senpai Ouran school uniform - Ouran Highschool Host Club

Future Cosplays:

Sora - KH2

Roxas - KH2

Len Kagamine Append - Vocaloid

My Life In a Nutshell
Tak-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #57690
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak-kun View Post
With every episode I watch of AngelBeats!I'm more and more tempted to cosplay Oyama.

HE'S JUST SO INNOCENT AND CUTE I CAN'T EVEN
OMGOSH. DO IT. <3 I LOVE OYAMA SO MUCH. lol Loveeeee Angel Beats. I totally aiming to cosplay Kami-sama---urh, I mean Naoi. LMAOOO
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote