Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #106
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

On Monday I did a genderbend Freddie Mercury for Freddie For a Day. I simply wore skinny jeans, a white tank top, and threw on the moustache. I didn't bind at all. It was a lot of fun. I'm considering always doing Freddie as genderbend.

I have an idea of how to do a female Tuxedo Mask. Instead of the tux she'd be wearing an evening gown and a small top hat instead of the full one.

If it were up to my hubby, all my crossplays would simply be female versions instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephygoth View Post
I'd like to see the entire cast of Disney princesses done in M->F action
complimented with princes all done F->M
the idea is out, GO.
I would love to see this done! Maybe we could start the idea for Dragon*Con sometime.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #107
Chocobo Jockey
Muffin Sauce

As a lot of people have said, I'm fine with them so long as it's not just an excuse to be more 'sexy'. Although it's usually (or about 1/2 the time) the case, genderbent does not have to equal slutty. =S
COSTUMES IN PROGRESS:
Mercedes, Odin Sphere
Rapunzel (Ending Gown), Tangled
Codex, The Guild
Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII
Jane, Tarzan
Rinoa, Final Fantasy VIII
Fawn, Disney Fairies
Chocobo Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #108
xoxoPanda-chan

does anyone know how to pull off a female version of Yugi Moto from YGO? ^^;; I'd really like to do that, but I don't know how... Or more like, I'm not sure where to start xD
Unread 07-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #109
genghiskhunt

This interests me, because I am actually working on a few femme!___ right now. The one that I'm putting a lot of time and thought into is my femme!Dr. Crane (Scarecrow) from Batman. I really get annoyed by a lot of what you have been talking about --the girls that basically throw on some underwear, and maybe one distinctive accessory, and call it a cosplay-- and that's why I have always intentionally avoided that. In fact, my Crane was inspired by both old school comics of him (I've been reading Batman for over a decade), with a few touches of the new movie. It's a combination of the scruffy, bedraggled suit, while using accents of his Scarecrow garb (the hat, mask, syringes, etc). It's tailored, of course, to fit my body, but it's not revealing (in fact, less cleavage displayed than on a normal day, for me), and it's true to the character.

I have always wanted to do a crossplay, because I LOVE gender bending, but it's ridiculously hard with my body type, unfortunately. I'm a 36/26/36, and it's extremely painful, if not totally futile, to bind. Because of this, I usually end up feminizing my characters (Jack Sparrow, the Crane I'm working on, the Comedian I'm working on, etc.).
genghiskhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #110
iSeika

I'm actually doing a female version of Psyche!Izaya from Durarara! I'm alittle nervous about doing it because its already an alternate of the character and I'm adding on doing a genderbent lol. I'm having fun putting together the cosplay though I get to be creative and put my own touch to the character.

I honestly think doing female versions of characters is great and a fun way to be creative with your cosplay. .

Nekocon
Rofcon

Definite 2013 Cosplays

Meredy - Tales of Eternia
School Uniform Madoka - PMMM
Magical Girl Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa

Possible 2013 Cosplays

Champion Iris - Pokemon B&W2
Yuzuki Yukari - Vocaloid 3
Serah Farron - FF13
Elize - Tales of Xillia
Magical Girl Madoka - PMMM

Cosplay/Anime Facebook
iSeika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #111
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

I agree with alot of you when it comes to doing female versions of male characters. I hate seeing girls that put no effort into their cosplay and all they do is put on swim suits and call it haru no jutsu. >.< I dont even think anyone knows who they are unless they are naruto. O.o But there is one girl I saw 2 years ago dress as female Alucard and her bf was male Seras and it was just awesome. She said they had planned it for a year cause they didnt want to alter the looks and to make it clean and not distasteful.
I am actually doing fem Jack Frost because I know there is going to be ALOT of male Jacks. Costume looks just like his...just long hair like a girl. ^^ Kept it the same so I can switch back and forth between boy and girl.

Cosplays:
Amethyst (Steven Universe) 100%,Harley Quinn [O.L] (Batman),Aoba Serageki (Dramatical Murder) 80%, Clear (Dramatical Murder) ,Shion No.6 100%,Hanji Zoe (Shingeki no Kyojin) Ken Kaneki Tokyo Ghoul

Mako date outfit (Kill la Kill) 90%,Rei (Free!) 95%, Nai (Karneval) 90%, Satsuki Momoi (Kurko no Basket) 40%

Makoto (Free!),Monaco {Hetalia} (planning), Sailor Neptune (planning), Neo Queen Serenity (planning)
ChibiNeriBuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #112
thelovelysin
Informant

I'm actually planning on doing a genderbent cosplay of Bilbo Baggins from the Hobbit. Personally I prefer crossplaying male characters, I just find i more comfortable. However, I am 10000000000000% postive I can NOT pull off the short curly hobbit hair he has. So, I decided on doing a genderbent instead since it gives me more freedom in what I can do with it.

I'm basing my cosplay (I'm doing the outfit he wears when he goes on the journey) on a Fem!Bilbo fanart I saw on Pixiv. As you can see, it stays pretty faithful to the original source, the only difference would be that it's more fitted.
thelovelysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #113
KarmaxCore
LOLOMGWUT.

To be honest, I normally dislike genderbents unless it's canon or done "correctly"( as in, you didn't slut up the character but still stuck to the canon outfit..whatever). this is my unpopular opinion, though.

Check out my cosplay group <3 Vunderbra!Cosplay and our youtube. Vunder!Bra
KarmaxCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #114
maybemelancholy
{risa}

I personally prefer doing female versions of my cosplays because most of my favorite characters are male, and I always love male costumes. Whenever I attempt to do female cosplays, I always feel like I don't look like the character >.<;;; so doing a female version of a male character is more forgiving because your face doesn't need to look like the character xD that's just my opinion

I've done a female version of Iron Man. I wanted to try doing something a little unique and challenging, on top of that, I absolutely love Iron Man so it all seemed perfect x3