Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #76
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Still lookin great! (:
I did that tutorial if you wanna see it. (:
I've never really made a tutorial before, so it's not the best, but it works (I hope.) xD

Unread 02-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #77
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Your eye have certainly improved from your first pics
You're making an increasingly pretty lady, too!
Aweee..... Flattery will get you everywhere Psy. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
Still lookin great! (:
I did that tutorial if you wanna see it. (:
I've never really made a tutorial before, so it's not the best, but it works (I hope.) xD
Awesome and thanks! If only I had that earlier. :3.... Written tutorials I think are harder to follow sometimes, but I will give it a shot!

Will say this. My friends only know I am trying to increase my makeup skills. This is going to be amazing in the end. x3

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #78
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Awe, I forgot about your tutorial Ichigo. D: I will definitely have to use it next time. >_<.... I have Wednesday-Friday off next week, so I will try it there. :3

I DID however did a little work last night. Didn't put as much maintenance into it, but I think it came out lovely. Mustache, I didn't conceal too too well this time though. Whoops. :/.... And I tried covering PART of my eyebrow, which didn't come out too well. It was a new test to see if I could just shape it out that way, but didn't go too well. Ignore it. .... I'll get them threaded soon. :3

http://i.imgur.com/veYNYpo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jtjoW7g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vjj2kbV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vCImmb5.jpg

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.

Last edited by Larcenciel : 02-16-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #79
Identity-Crisis

Your eyes look lovely.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #80
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Thank you Identity. I actually get that a lot. s:.... I just wish my eyes were even though. One of them doesn't open as wide as the other.

Either way, I think I am getting things down naturally now. It's pretty much the experiment and play stage. I actually did my contouring before my foundation this time, where I THINK it was Goss who said it is another technique. One day next week if I can plan it, I will try to get more happening.

Point of this update was pretty much to try the contour before foundation, which I now know I need to cover more of my shadow area. I also was anxious to try out my new foundation, mascara, liner, and lipstick, since I got them at a pretty pricier place (Sephora) and in the end, I think.... THINK they all go well. I kind of fell in love with the lip shade.

Unread 02-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #81
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Was actually going to stop updating this thread, but I did say I would try Ichigo's eye makeup tutorial, and well, it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped:

http://i.imgur.com/n29ikli.jpg

I think my liquid liner kinda sucks. I need to find a better one that draws crisp (this one does, but it tugs my eyelid making it tough) and one that lets loose the liner a bit more. This one, I feel like I have to constantly shake. It is an Eyeko Skinny Liner, and I hear so much good things about this one too. :/

Anywho, since I shown that, I have a very few other pictures to share. One being really loved by myself.... this one:

http://i.imgur.com/Sa51yHI.jpg

What sucks about it is, I didn't put in contacts tonight, and I STILL need my eyebrows threaded. >:.... It's a shame too, because I think this picture personally came out spectacular.

Also fiddled around with chopsticks a bit too:

http://i.imgur.com/Dwbh0c0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CAd6LoJ.jpg

Still need more work on my eye makeup, but God, I greatly believe my skin makeup has improved a lot.

http://imgur.com/E2qW4Z9,CAd6LoJ#0

Anywho, this will probably as I said, will be the last picture update. I don't want to drag this thread on with pics of less improvements from here. Would feel like an ego stroke or something too, lol. This thread greatly served it's purpose and I have pretty much the basics needed down, so from here, I plan to continue practicing my contouring, and hopefully improve my eye makeup as I go on. A big thanks to everyone who has helped. I love you all.

Unread 02-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #82
Identity-Crisis

You're come a long way. I'm so happy for you (:
I wish you luck in your future endeavours.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #83
nathancarter
Victor Voyeur Photography

The skin and eyes are looking really good.

My suggestion would be to tweeze the brows even just a little bit - especially in the middle above your nose. Even when not doing makeup, it's not a bad idea to keep the brows cleaned up a bit. (I'm starting to get long bushy old-man eyebrows, so I have to trim them about once a week, and tweeze a few stragglers)

Even if threading is too much, a little tweeze will help the overall look a lot.

http://flickr.com/nathancarter
https://www.facebook.com/VictorVoyeur
MetroCon - CONjure - Dragon Con - MegaCon
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #84
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Oh, I plan to thread. I was thinking about doing it tomorrow because my friend and I were going to hang out in Boston this week, but she had to cancel due to monetary issues. I am 100% sure I will be threading eventually though. .... And thank you on the skin and eyes thing.

Thanks again Identity.

Unread 02-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #85
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

I prefer your eye makeup from before. But otherwise, you like fine! Keep experimenting and you'll figure out what works for your cosplay(s). Take care and good luck!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #86
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Like what in comparison to what? s:... I think I overdo the mascara myself. Maybe I shouldn't bother with the lower lashes.

Pretty much, I have it in my mind though.... Shape face, basic makeup, not overdone. The overdone-ness of it all is just me still trying to make sure I have an idea of things here. Personally, I really need to find a way to make my nice look shorter. I think it looks too long. I will have to be looking mainly into that next. I think too, my contacts in my previous pictures added. I will have to keep up with those.

I will do one more update, but nothing really soon. Maybe when I go for a super natural look as a final product, over these testings I keep doing and posting. The feedback helps greatly, and that's why I like it. Thanks. :3

Unread 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #87
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

The Pixiwoo eye makeup look. I think? Either way, you've come far in a short period of time! In the meantime, keep practicing and perfecting your techniques. And remember to post cosplay pics when they're complete!
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #88
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Cosplay won't be until May...well, the end of May, but I will keep that in mind. I suppose I should do that too, huh? Haha. Yep, practice, practice, practice. ... I forget which one the pixiwoo one was, but I will look back at it. Think next time, I am just going to avoid my lower lashes, and just stick to the upper ones too. Looking at it, I do think I overdid it with the eyes, but I really am getting thrilled with my skinwork.

Unread 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #89
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Glad you're happy with your own progress! I would say, make your upper lid the focus, and maybe apply less makeup on your lower lash line. It will create a "tsundere" type look rather than "moe". If that makes sense? Unless your cosplays are "moe" types, then I will have to find more tutorials for you to watch
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #90
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I personally DO like the cutesy types, but I can not ever pull that off sadly. I kind of gave up on that end of it. :/ If I COULD do it, I would. One of the girls I hope to crossplay in may is kind of tsundere, but not really.