Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #256
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Most consider a walk-on anything that doesn't involve spoken dialogue, especially if it's a solo entry- you go onstage, do something that lets the audience get a good look at your costume and walk off. My own entry is a walk-on, since I'll be walking onstage, striking cool poses to music and walking off. So, yes, walk-ons are widely accepted. You can make a fantastic entry without having to say a word or be a great actor.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #257
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Well... a certain someone doesn't want to do a skit-ish thing for the masquerade... Let alone the masquerade... If I didn't spend so darn long on his I wouldn't care...With all the rivets.... oh so many rivets....

Question: Is a "walk on" - show how his weapon works, la-dee-la-dee-da walk around, etc acceptable for the masquerade? Or are skits mandatory?
Walk ons on great You don't need to have a great skit in order to do the masquerade A lot of walk ons have some music. The key is to move around the stage and show off your costume, strike some poses, and make sure to do a turn around so the stage judges can see all aspects of your costume

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #258
Seena-Cha
Cosplay Guru of Love

Ill be going for the 3 days (:
Friday plans are Vampire Yuki (night class) from Vampire Knight
Saturday will be Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing OVA
and Sunday will be default Maria from Umineko.

See you there (;

TBA
Seena-Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #259
alicedear

Only one more week!!
I've been working so hard and I'm super excited to finally get to wear my costume, but now I'm terrified that the snowfall on Friday night is going to continue into Saturday morning and hinder my commute. I'd take the bus in, but I run the same risk of getting stuck (or worse) as I would in the car.
Is there maybe some other magical method of transport that I'm overlooking? I really don't want to miss this; I adored Con-G last year and have been looking forward to it for forever!

Upcoming Conventions & Cosplays
Ottawa Pop Expo ~ Samantha Carter (Stargate: Atlantis)
alicedear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #260
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I just wouldn't worry too much- weather reports are rarely accurate past more than a few days. It'll probably change before that.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #261
MDA
Destiny Productions

Good god I'm crazy. Started a new set of weapons for the con today. I think I can have them done by tomorrow O_O

And my charms... making your own clay is fun xD

I'm not 100% sure, but is doing OOC things for your character ok for the masquerade?

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #262
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sooo much still left to do. I still have to sew on little pleather loops onto the costume back and superglue them onto the disk dock (oddly enough, we found out after a suggestion from Mom that twist ties work great for securing the disk dock on, so we're doing that instead of velcro), then the control box needs a redo because it looks kinda shitty (easy to do, it's made from a soap box!), the battery pack needs to be velcroed on, I have to finish sewing on six of the circley pieces on her hips and shoulders and slap a touch of white paint on the edges because some pen marks bled through onto them, and then sew on the last bits of diffusing material on the upper shoulders.
AND practice my masquerade walkon. @_@ And I leave for Guelph on Thursday. Fortunately I still have Friday morning if I'm somehow still not done everything.
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #263
Lady Skye
Likes big hoops

@ShinobiXikyu I'm really looking forward to seeing your cosplay! Sounds awesome

Hmm, luckily no cosplay stress for me. Just need to clean the ones I'm going to bring and pack.

Currently working on: Princess Hilda (A Link Between Worlds), Anime North 2014
Lady Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #264
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Did a big lit-up try on, and I am much less than pleased. Ugh. The lights aren't diffusing enough and I look like a constellation, and the voltage/amperage is making my arm circuit look the right colour but everything else look greenish instead of blue. And the battery pack won't stick on flat to my back. ...and the arms got soldered on the wrong way and have to be re-done. FUUUUCK.
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #265
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Just had the brother unit try on his skyrim. Looks sweet! And he's impressed. Mission accomplished. Need to apply more duct tape on Hex and we're good... Maybe instead of Keroro, I'll bring the duct tape Yoshi on Sunday... choices choices...

Now got to prep panel stuffs and that reminds me. Are my emails getting gobbled up? Got an email from tech guy and I emailed back regarding tech stuffs because my request for tech stuffs was not listed in his email.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #266
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Welp, I've now decided to pack along a third costume if I can fit it. Twilight Sparkle for Sunday, Quorra for Saturday, and my very-obscure very-casual-for-me Molly Millions cosplay for Friday (since the con's so laid back/not many hours on Fridays.). Now I have to pack in a pair of ankle-high four-inch platform boots, my knee-high wedge-heeled Quorra boots, AND a pair of knee high stilleto boots. AND backup ballet flats if my feet start killing me.
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #267
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

the only comfy shoes i have is for Friday... the shortest day... those shoes I can walk in for DAYS... but Sat and Sun I gotta pull out the 7 inch Demonia platforms... curses having a male figure (with boobs) but being so short! The boobs I can deal with binding but the height has to be fixed with platforms... Imma break my ankle one day in them ;_; how people used them to DANCE in the disco era will always be a mystery to me... curses Alucard and Battler for being so tall!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #268
sailormoonfan14

Chii is 85% done! Just need to finish the hair spools, add the last lines of ribbon and ruffles to the skirt and make the choker. So happy i'm going to be done early for once!
sailormoonfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #269
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
the only comfy shoes i have is for Friday... the shortest day... those shoes I can walk in for DAYS... but Sat and Sun I gotta pull out the 7 inch Demonia platforms... curses having a male figure (with boobs) but being so short! The boobs I can deal with binding but the height has to be fixed with platforms... Imma break my ankle one day in them ;_; how people used them to DANCE in the disco era will always be a mystery to me... curses Alucard and Battler for being so tall!
Yeah, I'm only spending three days in 3"+ heels after over a year of ballet dancing (gives me a biiiig advantage in balance and ankle strength).
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #270
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Just had the brother unit try on his skyrim. Looks sweet! And he's impressed. Mission accomplished. Need to apply more duct tape on Hex and we're good... Maybe instead of Keroro, I'll bring the duct tape Yoshi on Sunday... choices choices...

Now got to prep panel stuffs and that reminds me. Are my emails getting gobbled up? Got an email from tech guy and I emailed back regarding tech stuffs because my request for tech stuffs was not listed in his email.
Emails aren't getting gobbled up, my brain however is from work and getting the program done for printing. It was easier for him to send an email then read through all my correspondence.

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote