Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 01-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #61
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?

Hey, Kat! Long time, no see! ^^

So, after several changes and ideas being thrown around, I have finally settled my third cosplay for AN this year, and it falls under this catergory.

Figured, with all the Avengers love out there, I would give love to that other Marvel guy who's been putting out movies consistantly: SPIDER-MAN!!!

I'm specifically cosplaying the the Spidey from the new movie, The Amazing Spider-Man. Here's a pic, if you are not familiar: http://fullhdwallpapers.in/wp-conten...spider-man.jpg

As for the photoshoot day, my vote is definately for Friday. I'm already likely going to be switching between two costumes on Saturday, and throwing a third in the mix would be crazy. Plus, the only thing I have going on on Friday is the Ball, but that's not until the evening, so I'm all for a photoshoot. ^^

Anyway, for now, Webhead out!
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #62
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Just did the glowy pieces on my Quorra boots. Superglued fabric painted with light blue paint and glow medium onto the heels and toes (no way could I wire lights into those spots). Looks pretty good, and they glow in the dark!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #63
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas-13 View Post
Hey, Kat! Long time, no see! ^^

So, after several changes and ideas being thrown around, I have finally settled my third cosplay for AN this year, and it falls under this catergory.

Figured, with all the Avengers love out there, I would give love to that other Marvel guy who's been putting out movies consistantly: SPIDER-MAN!!!

I'm specifically cosplaying the the Spidey from the new movie, The Amazing Spider-Man. Here's a pic, if you are not familiar: http://fullhdwallpapers.in/wp-conten...spider-man.jpg

As for the photoshoot day, my vote is definately for Friday. I'm already likely going to be switching between two costumes on Saturday, and throwing a third in the mix would be crazy. Plus, the only thing I have going on on Friday is the Ball, but that's not until the evening, so I'm all for a photoshoot. ^^

Anyway, for now, Webhead out!
Hello to you too!

Spidey sounds awesome and I'm pretty sure everyone is leaning towards Friday, it just seems to work best!

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
  • Princess Peach - Super Smash Bros
Nightwitch-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #64
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Blagh. After Con-G I'm going to try starting over again on my Quorra torso armour. I hate almost everything about it and it's sooooo far from screen accurate. Also, my Dad is ridiculously eager to see it done due to the lights. And NOW he wants me to make him a vest with light-up LED strips like my torso armour.... yah, not happening. Making ONE of these was enough.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #65
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Okay guys and gals! Time to decide when and where for our shoot!

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #66
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I vote Friday afternoon/evening (since Sunday I'm not wearing Quorra and Saturday I'm hoping on being in the masquerade so wouldn't be wearing her all day). Fortunately I added a brightness knob into Quorra so I can make my lights brighter during the daytime!
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #67
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?

Definitly Friday, as I'll be wearing Roy Saturday and Discord Sunday. And yes, afternoon to evening would be preferred, as I have the Moonlight Ball at night.

As for a location, I'm thinking somewhere outside, maybe with a grassy area. Not many specific spots come to mind, except by the one end of the TCC (facing the DoubleTree), and the little median like area between the road and the TCC.
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #68
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

In my case, the more futuristic a location, the better, but there's practically none at AN anyway so I don't really care.:P But somewhere with some access to shade is much appreciated. The armour in the costume is really sticky and hot, and that's with me wearing it in WINTER.
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #69
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Just so you guys know: One of the themes of the Chess games this year is Avengers vs Justice League and sign ups are open! http://teahousemaplemoon.proboards.c...lay&thread=136

Cheers
Chibi

2013 Cosplay Plans
Queen Elsa / Coronation Elsa / La Carlotta / Miss Frizzle / Vocaloid... thing
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #70
FluffyYandere
As chill as a popsicle

My brother, his girlfriend and I plan on being Dipper and Mabel Pine, and Wendy during the weekend. We were planning on wearing these Saturday, but we can slip into them Friday evening for the shoot if Gravity Falls is allowed to pop in (It is a Disney show and all).
For location I think if the grassy area by the Double Tree is free that would be cool. But anywhere is fine!

Anime North 2013

Friday: Kyouko Sakura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Possibly Mabel too)

Saturday: Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls

Youmacon 2013

Friday: Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls

Saturday (Undecided): Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa
FluffyYandere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #71
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

So Friday is the chosen one then!

As for time:
- 5PM
- 6PM
-6:30
7PM

Location we can continue to brainstorm (I have attached the list of possible locations so far)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24359255/Ph...ta2%20copy.jpg

~ Up coming Cosplays ~

Last edited by Nightwitch-Kat : 02-18-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #72
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm leaning towards the 6:30 or 7 pm one, personally. No location preference (though walking to the DT 3 one would kill me...)
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #73
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I'm leaning towards the 6:30 or 7 pm one, personally. No location preference (though walking to the DT 3 one would kill me...)
DT 3 is the most futuristic one though, with a power station in the background.

It also has trees for those that want that as a backdrop.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #74
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
DT 3 is the most futuristic one though, with a power station in the background.

It also has trees for those that want that as a backdrop.
Good point. But still, I'd have to walk from at least the Dt to there in four-inch heels and a lot of pleather armour. And light strips that add heat to the costume. And Fridays seem to be consistently sweltering hot....
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #75
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Okay chicas and chicos I have encountered a cosplay program and I am going to have to back out of cosplaying Rogue.

So two choices:

a) I will still run the photoshoot and take pics with my fancy camera
or
b) someone else can take over as head awesome person

Which one would you lovelies prefer?

~ Up coming Cosplays ~