Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #2356
HardcoreNamine

@Falclon Veeeery expensive. What sort of lolita do you usually do?

@General If there is going to be an Anime Matsuri Sailor Moon group next year, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to join.
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%
HardcoreNamine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #2357
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
@highsky: I hope you do try out San Japan. It'll be my first time going as well, in fact every convention I'm going to is new to me. I used to go to North East conventions, as I lived in New York. I may make it back to Otakon again, but that's all in how well I do with my job.

I'm glad that it sounds so nice. That's the bonus of all these conventions, seeing these bigger cities fro a weekend. Houston, San Antonio, Dallas.. the only bad part is seeing them makes me miss New York.
So far, it looks like we may try out San Japan. We have really high hopes and, plus side, it's been a very long time since I've cosplayed with others (it's pretty exciting). I hope you'll have fun at all the conventions you go to and that you're job will allow you to go to Otakon again.
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #2358
Zaiten

Whew, talk about a great few days at work, I'm easily making $70 a night. I only usually count of $40 - $50. That's some serious extra cash. :3 Plus people at my job play Pokemon.. I haven't been this excited in awhile!

So glad that I have my "weekend" coming up in a day. I can probably get most of Belldandy done, minus trim. (Reallyreallyhope I have left over sateen.)

I think I may also so some shopping for a second cosplay. I want to have two ready for Matsuri. I could do Ike, Serge, Senshi, or something like a school girl perhaps.. ooh, the choices.

I also love all the excitement for the Senshi group. That anime.. ahh, right in the childhood feels. I just remember getting up early to watch it.

And I'm glad you guys might go to San Japan, highsky! Hopefully I can say hi if you do! :3

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #2359
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
That works too =P Yeah I agree that classic would probably be best, as it'll be the simplest, and there may be newbie fuku makers joining in XD Oh don't worry, mine is so short I CAN NOT bend over, otherwise I flash everyone XD Here's a pic of mine, btw ... keep in mind I'm redoing the skirt to be a circle skirt and am gonna fix my sleeves cuz they got over stuffed >_> http://www.cosplay.com/costume/391640/

Hmm, well if you wanted to do over the summer, maybe A-Kon would be better? Or even Anime FEST, I don't THINK school starts before it, plus with labor day weekend you know you'd have that off, lol.

Well, for people who live near me, I will probably have a little gathering at my house so we can all discuss stuff and get the more 'needs to be uniform' things made. If you don't live in the area, we'll probably make a tutorial for you, or if you're not confident that you could follow the tutorial, then maybe someone could always make the piece for you, send it to you, and you can add it to your costume.
By A-kon do you mean 2013 or 2014? I wasn't planning on going this year but I could perhaps squeeze the money out for just a room and badge.

Your Sailor Moon is so perfect *-* I hope my Mars will be as good as that. I'm just going to go ahead and commit to Mars and leave Neptune open for someone else. I think the gathering for how to make them would be great! I can always bring my camera and record videos on how to make the things for those who are out of town. I definitely think we should have one person cast all the heart gems so that they will all match. I'd be willing to do it if no one else wants to. Someone could also make all the bows so they're the same size and I would be willing to do that as well unless someone else wants to.

Also for the facebook messages here is mine: Facebook If any of you want to add me just say who you are on the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietgirl018 View Post
if we do the sailor moon group for next year matsuri, im totally in. I still want to do saturn and have been looking at pictures for her. I just a bit confused as to how u guys want to do the skirts.
If you can't make it to the gathering I will for sure send you a video. You're in the Houston area right? I think I've seen you post on the Houston meetup group (if you're Trang, I could be wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreNamine View Post
@Falclon Veeeery expensive. What sort of lolita do you usually do?

@General If there is going to be an Anime Matsuri Sailor Moon group next year, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to join.
I love pretty much every style of lolita but right now I'm on a frill monster kick. This is me before the meetup Sunday. Once the photographers post their photos I'll be sure to link on here.

Here is the current lineup though some have changed:
Inner Group
Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon (That was obvious.)
Sailor Mercury - Open.
Sailor Mars - Possibly Falclon (Open if group extends to Outers.)
Sailor Jupiter - Open.
Sailor Venus - Zaiten (Can switch to another.)

Outer Group
Sailor Uranus - Open.
Sailor Neptune - Falclon
Sailor Pluto - Open.
Sailor Saturn - vietgirl018

Other Group
Sailor Chibimoon - Open
Tuxedo Kamen - Open
Sailor Luna - Myribee
Luna - Rangiku12

Quote:
I also love all the excitement for the Senshi group. That anime.. ahh, right in the childhood feels. I just remember getting up early to watch it.

And I'm glad you guys might go to San Japan, highsky! Hopefully I can say hi if you do! :3
I will be at SJ too. That convention was a ton of fun, it has a great hotel and surrounding area.

Monster post here, hopefully I didn't make too many mistakes on it.
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #2360
Falclon

Sorry for the double post, but I made a google doc to help us keep track of the list. If you guys want to send me your emails we can make it more secure but for now anyone can access and edit it.
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #2361
Zaiten

If we're doing classic, I think the "brooches" are circles, no? And super is hearts? Oh crap, I can't even remember. I'm just going with that, because I'm too sleepy to go look it up. /shame

I wonder about the bows, would that work well for different sized/height people? You know, I probably shouldn't be thinking right now. I'm brain fried. xD Just ignore me.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #2362
Falclon

Quote:
If we're doing classic, I think the "brooches" are circles, no? And super is hearts? Oh crap, I can't even remember. I'm just going with that, because I'm too sleepy to go look it up. /shame

I wonder about the bows, would that work well for different sized/height people? You know, I probably shouldn't be thinking right now. I'm brain fried. xD Just ignore me.
OTL I didn't even mean to type hearts. Yeah they're circles, I knew I messed up something in my monster post. xD

From looking at pictures of cosplays/actual artwork, no matter their height they have the same sized bows. The back ones would probably need to be made wider or narrower depending on the person's waist size but that could easily be done by one person as well.
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #2363
HardcoreNamine

If we're extending to the other, I'm down for Sailor Chibi Moon (I'm only 4'10, so that would probably work rather well), but if we aren't, then I'll take Mercury.
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%

Last edited by HardcoreNamine : 02-19-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #2364
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreNamine View Post
If we're extending to the other, I'm down for Sailor Chibi Moon (I'm only 4'10, so that would probably work rather well), but if we aren't, then I'll take Mercury.
So far it seems like we will be extending so you can go ahead and put yourself down on the document.

I'm so excited for this I'm already shopping for a wig. xD I'm thinking this in dark purple and I'll trim it to where her hair hits. I like having the hair length right when I cosplay long haired characters but Mars' hair changes in a lot of pictures.
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #2365
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
OTL I didn't even mean to type hearts. Yeah they're circles, I knew I messed up something in my monster post. xD

From looking at pictures of cosplays/actual artwork, no matter their height they have the same sized bows. The back ones would probably need to be made wider or narrower depending on the person's waist size but that could easily be done by one person as well.
We might as well make hearts as well, so we can easily go from Classic to Super if we change up our group. I forget if anything else changes off the top of my head.

And awesome-ness. For some reason I thought they changed sizes or something.

Must.. resist urge to look at Venus stuff. Bed instead. Sleeeeeep.

Edit: Besides longer back bows* to amend my what else is different though.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #2366
HardcoreNamine

Argh, now I'm also looking at wigs. This is super exciting
Also @Falclon Your Lolita picture is gorgeous
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:33 AM   #2367
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but I made a google doc to help us keep track of the list. If you guys want to send me your emails we can make it more secure but for now anyone can access and edit it.
Yay for the list! It helps!

Excited to cosplay kitty Luna for the group ^_^ Glad my outfit will be a bit easier but then again faux fur is not easy.

Non group I've decided to just do Serena's first Sailor Moon transformation. Already got a person to make it for me. The wig though I'm unsure the color..guess just get a yellow one like the anime color.

Got my Saya Takagi wig last week and put it on yesterday. It's so lovely I didn't want to take it off.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #2368
vietgirl018
hibiki

Quote:
Also for the facebook messages here is mine: Facebook If any of you want to add me just say who you are on the forums

If you can't make it to the gathering I will for sure send you a video. You're in the Houston area right? I think I've seen you post on the Houston meetup group (if you're Trang, I could be wrong)
I just sent you a friend request Yeah im in the houston meetup group. Yes im Trang.
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #2369
Mouzif

I'm having the biggest pain in the butt time trying to figure out, with the limited references I can find, if Rinnosuke's sleeves are pointy or just... kinda pushed up because of the belt things around his arms. Anyone care to toss their opinion at me?

The Prodigy Team - est. '12

Cosplays:
2013 - Femme!Kakashi
Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle
Mouzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #2370
HardcoreNamine

@Mouzif They look sort of bunched up to me
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%