Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 175 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #976
animazn

Since I'm crossplaying as guys and they are pretty built, guess I gotta work out to build some muscle. At these times I wish I wasn't super skinny D:

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #977
therob127

It's been a long time since I've posted anything on these forums lol. This year I'm more motivated than ever! I've got do some more bulking for CTcon this summer. I plan on doing Djinn Equipped Sinbad from Magi and Future Trunks from DBZ.

2013 Cosplay
Sinbad - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Sinbad (Djinn Equip) - Magi
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez - Bleach

Last edited by therob127 : 02-14-2013 at 09:43 AM.
therob127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #978
PalmTopTaiga
Priority mail

Grell sutcliff! I'm drinking plenty of water and green tea run aimlessly like a crazy person and stay on a modified caloric intake and only natural not made in factory food sleep well and such
PalmTopTaiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 03:57 AM   #979
freckleface
Broke Cosplay Addict

My cosplay goal

Wow, there are a ton of responses on this thread! But I guess it will be good to join, if not at least for self-motivation

So, this year I plan to do a group cosplay with some friends, and I am cosplaying as Princess Zelda, from Ocarina of Time.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...na_of_Time.png

I really love this game and I love Zelda as a character. I noticed that there are a ton of Twilight Princess version cosplays of her, but next to none from OoT. I really want to do this cosplay well, and part of that is having the figure... At least she's not as unrealistically proportioned as many other female video game characters but...I have a ways to go. My biggest concern is my tummy area and upper arms specifically.

As for where I am with exercise and diet: me and my cousin have been working out regularly at least 5 days a week. We start with cardio-a 30 minute jog, and then weights and leg and ab workouts. The ab workouts are where I could really use some help...I've been doing crunches and sit-ups but I feel like they are straining my back more than anything else.
Diet: My family eats pretty healthy already, as for me, I usually just have a light breakfast and then dinner later on. If I do have a snack, it's always fruit or yogurt. My only real weakness is sweets...if they are in the house I will inevitably eat them.

Any feedback at all will be greatly appreciated!
freckleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #980
Gnosis

I'm trying to get myself into hella good shape for Yoko From TTGL. This is going to be quite the adventure. @_@
Gnosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #981
agentsometime

Timeskip Perona from One Piece. I'm an hourglass and not too far off from where I need to be, maybe 10 pounds. I have about 5 months to do it. The only thing I'm self conscious about is my upper arms, they're kinda flabby.
agentsometime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #982
LemonVanilla

Need to get more toned before summer, when I'm planning to cosplay a Twi'lek sith ^^
LemonVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #983
ImaniRine
animatedpassions

It's been years since I was able to do twenty push-ups in one minute but that time has passed and I am out of shape but I definitely need to look fit to cosplay as luchalibre wrestler from D.O.A. Lisa Hamilton for Chicago Comic Con in April. I'm not overweight just out of shape but working out should be fun....yeah (with no energy).

Youmacon 2013
Nilin from Remember Me - 0%
Lightning Default Outfit) Lightning Returns - 2%
Princess Yue (Blue Coat) - 0%
Avarice from Blackeri 'Seven Deadly Sins' - 0%
[color="DarkGreen"][/COLOR
ImaniRine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #984
anime_grl

so... i'd like to eventually be Harley Quinn from Batman (original but eventually all three), Yoko from Gurren Lagann, and Aela the Huntress from Skyrim. my current BMI is about 28.5... =( i have a LONG way to go before i can pull these off. especially Yoko. i'd also like to look a bit better for my Medusa (Soul Eater) cosplay but that's not as big of a deal as the others for weight-loss.
Harley:
http://www.harley-quinn.com/
Aela:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...erscrolls/imag
es/7/7a/Aela_the_Huntress.png
Yoko:
ttp://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121218054006/gurennlagann/imag
es/e/e9/Yoko.Littner.600.726007.jpg
hopefully i can start 30 day shred (that i just heard about on this thread) because i have been looking it up and it seems effective and i'm getting a bit excited to try it! =)
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #985
Pastaloving Me~
PASTA rules the World!!

Im going as Italy!~ (ve~) from Hetalia
Pastaloving Me~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #986
AsianPsylocke

I'm trying to get into shape to cosplay as Psylocke in September and hopefully take pics before that. I don't necessarily want to lose weight (although if I do, that would be a plus) since I am 128 lbs, which I don't think is bad (I'm 5'4). I mostly just want to tone up my arms and stomach because we all know how scary it is wearing spandex. It would be a dream if I could get back to my post boot camp body. Right now I am mixing up my workouts between the Tracy Anderson workout, the Gunner Peterson Core Secrets workout, and P90X. Now if only I could stay away from the junk food. I have a big sweet tooth, lol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Future Cons:
Comikaze
LVL UP Expo
Wizard World Las Vegas
Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con
NYCC

Last edited by AsianPsylocke : 02-19-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added pic
AsianPsylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #987
Eerie Butterfly
Bacon, the candy of meats

I'm getting in shape to cosplay both Ariel fromThe Little Mermaid (mermaid ver) and Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw. Both have athletic torsos and no flab. I've been lifting weights to help lose the weight faster while building a strong foundation.

Fitocracy: https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/eeriekyo/
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #988
alisia lycide

Ellie Langford from Dead Space 2.
Unread 02-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #989
LilSprite

My three cosplay choices are:

Kagura (Post Timeskip) from Gintama

Nico Robin (Post Timeskip) from One Piece

Anarchy Stocking (all back gothic dress) from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Basically my get fit regime consists of eating better and light exercise. I love me some fried food and sweets but you know it's not exactly all that healthy haha. Exercising consists of walking every other day (30 mins), different variations of crunches for them abs, 5lb weights for arm tonage, and of course lunges/squats for thighs. So in total about an hour of exercise every other day.
LilSprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #990
violetlights
Pokemon Master

Hopefully going to shed a bit of tummy fat by this summer in order to cosplay Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2, Meiko from Vocaloid, and also just so I'll feel better about myself in general.

Haven't had much time to work out with school recently, but I have decreased my time spent playing The Legend of Zelda and increased my time spent playing Dance Central instead (>u<)
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote