Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #31
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

this comment wasnt supposed to cause drama. sorry.
In the works: Sora, KHII | InuYasha, InuYasha | Rogue, X-Men

Facebook
| Deviantart

Last edited by DespairedPheonix : 02-20-2013 at 04:45 PM.
DespairedPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #32
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debitto_of_Bond View Post
@Tetsuya: I never said you, yourself was a troll, if I implied such I do humbly apologize. All I said was posting this information would possibly encourage people who DO troll such as the con attendees spouting all the anti-semantics and what not.
Cosplay.com is not 4chan, this is needed information for anyone who was wronged. and about TOS if an orginiziation caused this much grief making public information readily accessable to people that might have a hard time finding it, is the right thing to do. People say contact gaylord or katsucon itself are sort of misguided, what are they going to do report it to the wrong channels, where you chance of response will most likely be lost.
TETSUYA_CASSHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #33
Marika

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespairedPheonix View Post
so... let me get this straight... because it wasn't reported, it remains a rumor? even though she came out and said it happened?
...Then point her in the direction of staff so that something can be done about it. Going to the internet doesn't help because the right people may never see it, but writing the incident down and sending it to the con chair (chair@katsucon.org) does. Not being reported doesn't mean it remains a rumor, it means it won't be taken care of because those who need to know about it don't.
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #34
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

delete please.

Facebook
| Deviantart

Last edited by DespairedPheonix : 02-20-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #35
Kaliban

Quote:
Cept Katsucon actually said that they saw the post. Look at their status and the comments.
She needs to Contact Katsucon and talk to them .. its pretty easy to understand ..

I can go on the net and post anything I want and I am sure someone will beleive it . But contacting the powers that be will bring the issue up where it needs to be .

Its not a matter if they beleive her or not .
Kaliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #36
Midli
DJ Midli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika View Post
...Then point her in the direction of staff so that something can be done about it. Going to the internet doesn't help because the right people may never see it, but writing the incident down and sending it to the con chair (chair@katsucon.org) does. Not being reported doesn't mean it remains a rumor, it means it won't be taken care of because those who need to know about it don't.
You are aware of the percentages of rapes and sexual assaults that are not reported to the police and the reasons why? What you are doing is borderline victim-shaming.
Midli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #37
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

Nvm, I'm not going to go into rape awareness here. But all I would like to say, is that I'm very disappointed in how people are responding to/handling the "rumor" at hand.

Facebook
| Deviantart

Last edited by DespairedPheonix : 02-20-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #38
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
so... let me get this straight... because it wasn't reported, it remains a rumor? even though she came out and said it happened?

Everything is a rumor until it is reported to the right people by the victims and witnesses. Katsucon has access to the security cameras - but they themselves are not the police - and event he police can't do anything until someone comes forward. I know she might be afraid and even traumatized but a proper investigation will bring closure and will help keep this from happening again. Not to mention, she will then be able to properly press charges.

So far, everyone has been passing the same stories around but the actual victims haven't contacted Katsucon or the Gaylord.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #39
Smochi

1. Posting an organizations public contact isn't against the TOS.

2. I think that contacting the BBYO in a professional, informative matter is a wonderful idea, provided it isn't hate mail. They ought to see how they are now viewed because of this isolated incident.

3. For the people writing the BBYO, please stick to your OWN experiences, how they made you feel, and what you think the bbyo should learn from your troubles.

4. I was at Katsu, and I saw how horribly cosplayers were treated. This is the one weekend a year many people could feel normal and unjudged, and instead they were bullied the whole time. I feel the people who are reporting this thread and automatically assuming we are uncapable of sending proper letters are being just as cruel as the people from the BBYO this weekend, so I am really disgusted and disappointed with you.
Smochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #40
Itchy Tasty Gal

Quote:
Yes. Or, it happened, but you can't prosecute it/use it as a template for anything else that might have happened.
Itchy Tasty Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #41
Scorpion89
The Master

Okay folks they are a 501c3 group which means all there information is public by Federal Tax Laws and it's on there PUBLIC website hence if you plan on sending an email be respectable and to the point have your facts correct.