Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #871
Convulsive
My name is Kan

I'm not very aware of many AUs so could you guys help me find some mid-skill ones? Nothing like fancy tier or Militarystuck. I've looked at streetstuck and it's the only one ive liked so far. Thanks in advance!

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #872
airazeorkiid
One with Duties

Hi I'm new to cosplay and I've been wanting to cosplay a troll or kid and I'm having problems choosing one, but I'm thinking maybe sollux? I'm going for three days at anime blues con in memphis. I think I might need a bit of help on what to do for my cosplay hehe. Also what do I do at a con since I've never been to one? can someone help me please and thank you?!
airazeorkiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #873
cyan-sonata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweigie View Post
I am seeing a lot of questions about tights and paint colors going around lately so I am going to just plop this link here. I am not sure how much of a help it will be to you guys but hey, you never know.
Oh, very useful! That also pretty much made the paint brand decision for me, too. I was leaning towards the Ben Nye anyways, a friend used Snazaroo and it made such a mess! It took all four of us in our group a good hour to get it on just her face and neck properly, and it was all over the hotel bathroom, I felt so badly for the cleaning staff.

Also that God Tier Jade dress is LOVELY <333 So flouncy!

Last edited by cyan-sonata : 02-11-2013 at 03:12 PM.
cyan-sonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #874
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan-sonata View Post
Oh, very useful! That also pretty much made the paint brand decision for me, too. I was leaning towards the Ben Nye anyways, a friend used Snazaroo and it made such a mess! It took all four of us in our group a good hour to get it on just her face and neck properly, and it was all over the hotel bathroom, I felt so badly for the cleaning staff.
Sorry to poke into the conversation here, but if it took you that long to get the Snazaroo on, you probably weren't doing it right. It's an easy mistake to make, I didn't know how to at first either.

You have to use only a very small amount of water and make sure you're using the Snazaroo brand sponges or it won't go on properly. If you use this method, it's pretty quick and even and easy to apply.

I haven't personally used Ben Nye but from what I've heard, IMHO Snazaroo is better. You don't even have to seal it if you've put it on right but a light coating of hairspray to seal it doesn't hurt on areas like the hands. Plus it's a LOT cheaper than Ben Nye and one pot of it has lasted me about 20 uses for the low cost of £3.

(Example of me wearing Snazaroo to see how nice it looks: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3342410/
I haven't touched up the skin on this image at all and I put all of the base paint on in probably about 30 minutes. Including my whole arms, face and neck.)

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi

Last edited by ToroSonyCat : 02-12-2013 at 05:44 PM.
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #875
Schweigie
--

Glad that past link was of some help to you guys. For any further comparisons I found this gem a few days ago: here

--

When it comes to unmixed Ben Nye grey and Snazaroo, I lean very heavily towards Snazaroo just for the lighter color. I have yet to use either, but based on a few pictures I've seen Snazaroo paint seems to look a bit grainy(if that's the right word), rough, and patchy. In short, from what I've seen, Ben Nye seems to offer more coverage. Though that really could just be an issue of how it is applied.

Oh man, this is actually a pretty difficult decision because I am hearing so many good and bad things about both paints.

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #876
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

For those of you who use Snazaroo, how would you compare it to Mehron CremeBlend make-up? I use the Mehron for my Rainbow drinker Kanaya (the white), but I was thinking of doing her normal skin (aka gray).

For that matter, has anyone tried Mehron's light gray make-up?

Upcoming Costumes
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Yunan - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mephisto Pheles - Ao No Exorcist

Last edited by Elycium : 02-13-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #877
cyan-sonata

Wow everyone seems to have completely different things to say about the body paints! Now I am hopelessly confused ;~;

I think I actually kind of like the darker shade of grey better personally? It might be because of my vision problems regarding certain colors, but it looks a little more accurate to me?
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #878
Schweigie
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan-sonata View Post
I think I actually kind of like the darker shade of grey better personally? It might be because of my vision problems regarding certain colors, but it looks a little more accurate to me?
No, you're right, it's more accurate. I guess I just kind of always liked how the lighter one looks more, especially when you put colored highlights and lipsticks on as well.

I went out to get some fabric for God Tier Rose's shirt but I really couldn't find anything that would work for it. I would prefer something that stretches, but seeing as no place seems to have any, does anyone know what would be a good alternative fabric? I was considering flannel but I'm not sure.

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Last edited by Schweigie : 02-21-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #879
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Guys, I went to Promstuck as Jade, and Harry Potter glasses work. You can get them in most party shops, but they were a little big on the nose bridge.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #880
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelh View Post
Guys, I went to Promstuck as Jade, and Harry Potter glasses work. You can get them in most party shops, but they were a little big on the nose bridge.
You were at Promstuck too? :0 I was human Sollux with the split shirt and maybe you saw me, which Jade were you?

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #881
lunarLupine

uuuh quick word of warning, paradise AQ makeup came out REALLY blue on me. uwu that wasn't fun.
lunarLupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #882
Leona Lyre

So I'm cosplaying dead! john egbert in his vriska outfit at otakon and im a bit worried about fake blood not showing up on the black shirt. should i just go with bright crimson paint instead? (like the color of human blood from the actual panel)
Sunday: Dead John Egbert (Quest Bed) from Homestuck
Leona Lyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #883
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarLupine View Post
uuuh quick word of warning, paradise AQ makeup came out REALLY blue on me. uwu that wasn't fun.
I use it mixed 50/50 with white, and it's still a little blue. I use it for the higher bloods but I'm getting different makeup for the redder bloods.

Here's my brother's Gamzee, using the same makeup. It can get really green, though depending on the light (like my/Aradia's face here)
The secret, as far as I've found, it to put it on lightly but evenly, because it gets greener the thicker it's put on.
However, it's pretty expensive and annoying to mix and even then it's far from ideal for Homestuck, IMO.

Oh, big thing to point out: We're both wearing arm tights, so don't judge by the color of those!

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.

Last edited by Bodici22 : 04-04-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #884
heaven_firings

Not directed at anyone is specific but I'm wanting to get tights to make the arm covers and I know people have suggested the microfiber ones from welovecolors but those are in the women's category. I'm a guy and not on the "petite" side, the only reason this is a concern is I actually plan on cosplaying different versions of Tavros (Pupa, God Tier, Swabby) which show the legs. And I'd like everything to match so is it safe to assume I could get the men's tights and achieve the same results? I don't think the women's would stretch enough for the legs and I'd rather not risk the arms and legs not looking the same unless someone can vouch otherwise.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #885
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven_firings View Post
Not directed at anyone is specific but I'm wanting to get tights to make the arm covers and I know people have suggested the microfiber ones from welovecolors but those are in the women's category. I'm a guy and not on the "petite" side, the only reason this is a concern is I actually plan on cosplaying different versions of Tavros (Pupa, God Tier, Swabby) which show the legs. And I'd like everything to match so is it safe to assume I could get the men's tights and achieve the same results? I don't think the women's would stretch enough for the legs and I'd rather not risk the arms and legs not looking the same unless someone can vouch otherwise.
I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work. You'd probably have to cut away more fabric but that shouldn't be a problem.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote