Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 01-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
MaryWesker
MistressMaryD

Resident Evil 2013

We're doing it again! (When have we not?)

I'm really just posting the thread so it's here; since there's still tons of time before the con and no rush to get anything together.

This year, I'd like to ask the RE community at Ota what they'd like to do as far as the shoot/gathering is concerned; were you'd like to have the shoot/gathering, how many, what times, ect. I figure its easier to ask those attending then try to decide for everyone. You guys will probably have more fun this way too.

Keep in mind we have time and the only reason I'm posting so early is to just provide those looking for the thread a place to post.

The only thing I ask at this point is to be as drama free as possible; this is a fun event and I'm sure everyone wants to keep it that way.
Vaas Montenegro - Far Cry 3
nurse!Meg - Supernatural
Mary Shepherd-Sunderland - Silent Hill 2
Alice Abernathy - Resident Evil Movie
DeviantArt
Tumblr
MaryWesker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
zero_set_dai09

ill be there as leon re4 with rebecca in leather and a steve with me as well. i would agree with the statement on that the fountain would be to crowded to meet at but i kn that the outdoor fountain that is near the noodle company is a huge location we could meet there. maybe do at dusk photoshoot to add that creepy feeling in the shots?
zero_set_dai09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
MaryWesker
MistressMaryD

Nice! You're bringing a group! I can't wait to see you guys!

Yeah, the indoor fountains are always super crowded and we're a big group so I wouldn't wanna cause problems. Outdoor could be a possibility, depending on how late we do it and how hot it is. In 2011 we did it outside and that worked out very well because we did it late in the day; last year, not so much. XD (Personally I'd love to do another dusk shoot; that one was fun! But we run the risk of losing too much light so I'll have to wait to hear from a few photogs about what they think,)
nurse!Meg - Supernatural
DeviantArt
Tumblr
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
zero_set_dai09

changes to cosplay program i shall have billy coen instead of steve in this mini group plus others hopefully.
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Elemental_D

My friend will be an Albert Wesker RE5 version
Elemental_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Scorpion89
The Master

Well as usual your tog will be their still looking into a new location the building I was looking at was sold oh well, would anyone mind doing the shoot latter then we have over the past few years I was thinking say 7ish this way we might be able to get a few locations that usually are packed during the day.
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
zero_set_dai09

i have no objection to a later shoot just worried on the locations bc if we do it outside we wont get as much shots as in daylight
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
MaryWesker
MistressMaryD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
Well as usual your tog will be their still looking into a new location the building I was looking at was sold oh well, would anyone mind doing the shoot latter then we have over the past few years I was thinking say 7ish this way we might be able to get a few locations that usually are packed during the day.
Hey Scorpion! I don't mind doing it later; might be cooler and we won't be dying. XD I remember we did it around 6 two years ago and that worked out very well, we used the location from last year too. But hey, keep looking if you like, you know how I stress about picking a spot.
nurse!Meg - Supernatural
DeviantArt
Tumblr
Unread 02-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryWesker View Post
Hey Scorpion! I don't mind doing it later; might be cooler and we won't be dying. XD I remember we did it around 6 two years ago and that worked out very well, we used the location from last year too. But hey, keep looking if you like, you know how I stress about picking a spot.
Okay was thinking maybe inside this time since the con has been moved forward to one of the usually hottest week(s) of the year. Was going to see what the 4th Floor looked like. As for shooting outside there is another location I was thinking of, its behind the Bank of America Building its call Hopkin Plaza there is a real cool fountain plus plenty of room for battles, but it looks like getting either of the Helicopter to do a fly over is out :-(

As for time lets keep that sort of open but I do have one request we keep it to Friday as we have for over the past few years. Also Mary if I could get a junk yard location would anyone be interesting in doing a RE shoot in May. It would be here in Bmore but I think it would be cool to have some of the East Coast RE folks get together for a none con shoot.
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
MaryWesker
MistressMaryD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
Okay was thinking maybe inside this time since the con has been moved forward to one of the usually hottest week(s) of the year. Was going to see what the 4th Floor looked like. As for shooting outside there is another location I was thinking of, its behind the Bank of America Building its call Hopkin Plaza there is a real cool fountain plus plenty of room for battles, but it looks like getting either of the Helicopter to do a fly over is out :-(

As for time lets keep that sort of open but I do have one request we keep it to Friday as we have for over the past few years. Also Mary if I could get a junk yard location would anyone be interesting in doing a RE shoot in May. It would be here in Bmore but I think it would be cool to have some of the East Coast RE folks get together for a none con shoot.
Inside is definitely a good idea, I don't think any of us wanna relive the heat from last year. It's just too damn hot. I don't have any problem going outside if it's at a cooler point in the day/evening. Let's see what everyone else thinks we have time to figure it all out. ^_^

I don't have a problem with keeping Friday at all; we're used to that by now. As for the May gathering/shoot; I won't be there (I'll be visiting Ohio in May XD), but I'm sure people in the area would be up for it. I saw you asked on the RE East Coast Cosplayers group on FB, hopefully that'll get more traffic for you.
nurse!Meg - Supernatural
DeviantArt
Tumblr
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
techandl

This will be my first Otakon!

I'll be there as BSAA Jill, a friend of mine will be Ricardo Irving (and if we have time Irving as he's changing, so lots of black yuck and tentacles,) and hopefully another friend will revisit her Rebecca cosplay!

I'm super excited!
techandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by techandl View Post

I'll be there as BSAA Jill, a friend of mine will be Ricardo Irving (and if we have time Irving as he's changing, so lots of black yuck and tentacles,) and hopefully another friend will revisit her Rebecca cosplay!

I'm super excited!
Great new blood welcome to the craziness of the RE Otakon shoots
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
MaryWesker
MistressMaryD

Quote:
Originally Posted by techandl View Post

I'm super excited!
Yes! Welcome, welcome! We're happy to have you!
nurse!Meg - Supernatural
DeviantArt
Tumblr
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
FatalCrimson123

I am filming for a music video all weekend when I am free from shoots and such. Its a horror video game shooting so if you guys wanna be part of it let me know!

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=315482
FatalCrimson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #15
FatalCrimson123

Also here is the song I am using for the music video <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-qV...RLrA&index=101
FatalCrimson123 is offline   Reply With Quote