Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #5311
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I have a friend like that. He brings money but he never has enough. Or one time we went to a restaurant where you could only pay cash and he "forgot" to hit the ATM and didn't want to use the one next door because of bank fees. So he had water while the rest of had pancakes and sausage and eggs and other yummies because we all agreeded not to give him anymore money.

He's gotten a bit better. Last time he claimed to forget his debit we all followed him and to the bank so he could pay us back immediately. He didn't like that much...
There's a buddy in Brando's circle who's like that. It's gotten to the point where some people wouldn't even go to eat out with him for a while but he's been better once friends started laying onto him about his behavior.

He once got kicked out of a friends New Years party. This friend specifically told him that no one would be available to drive him home (since he doesn't own a car he relies on others for transportation, which I so totally appreciate the difficulty of) so he had to have a ride home already arranged. People where going to be drinking all night and this friend had prepared for them to spend the night so no one was out driving drunk on New Years.

The minute this guy walks in the door he starts propositioning people to be his ride home because his parents weren't going to come get him later that night. So the friend who was hosting the party told him to call his parents back up and have them come get him.

He's always been the guy who asked for money and never repaid you or took forever doing it. A lot of folks won't lend him money anymore, regardless of how long it's last been since they had an issue with him. It was just such a reoccurring problem that it was far beyond him just losing track of the money he owed.

WHATEVS MAN.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #5312
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
OH she's just one of those people your occasionally in contact with via mutual friends and the like. I gottcha.
Yeah, that's pretty much our situation.

I wish those kind of rebukes worked on her, but she'll blow them WAY out of proportion and see it as a vicious attack on her. She is a victim that life is trying to crush. Everyone is against her and knocking her down when she's trying her hardest to get up. The past two sentences are not even exaggerations on my part, they're reworded Facebook status updates. 95% of her status updates are passive aggressive pity party posts where she cries about how unfair things are and how terrible her life is.

A few people have tried to reason with her on Facebook and it turned into a war where she dramatically burned bridges and "cut the poison out of her life forever". Apparently the same thing happened in her gaming clan too.

Also, she is the leader of the cosplay group I'm in, and I'm an admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I have a friend like that. He brings money but he never has enough. Or one time we went to a restaurant where you could only pay cash and he "forgot" to hit the ATM and didn't want to use the one next door because of bank fees. So he had water while the rest of had pancakes and sausage and eggs and other yummies because we all agreeded not to give him anymore money.

He's gotten a bit better. Last time he claimed to forget his debit we all followed him and to the bank so he could pay us back immediately. He didn't like that much...
It's good that you guys are cutting him off so he'll learn. o: I wish the people in this girl's closer social circle would do the same. Everyone following him to the bank is hilarious, but sometimes it's the only way.

I am totally not against lending friends money or buying things for them and letting them pay me back whenever. My two closest friends have a running tab that I keep in my phone of how much they each owe me. If they don't have the money for something they either actively plan around it or suck it up and go without it without complaining; if I offer to buy it/lend money, that's my initiative. They also pay me back whenever their next paycheck/windfall comes, unlike the moocher girl. Or they just pay for my dinner whenever we go out and it adds up to the total amount.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #5313
Lithium Flower
Handphones

That's a really tough place to be in. My aunt is just like that. Everything is about her and in the worst way possible. She once pitched a fit because in her eyes the waiter put too much ice in her glass of diet coke and it was because he wanted to over charge her and force her into getting a refill. Never mind that I got a regular coke and it was filled with the same amount of ice, I didn't even need a refill, and refills where FREE. Nope. The waiter was against her wand trying to make her spend more money.

Maybe it is best to just stay out of her way if she's like that.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #5314
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Yeah, it's like no matter what action you take, it'll always be the wrong one. It's like you say, staying out of the way is pretty much the only peaceful solution, especially since I know that if I try to convince her, I won't be able to back down from the fight.

On the other hand, watching her rollercoaster life week by week on Facebook is pretty entertaining. She does a lot of stupid things to herself that no one can take any blame for. I don't watch TV, so I guess this is my fill of (mostly) not-related-to-me drama.

...I'm a really terrible person, I know...
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #5315
Lithium Flower
Handphones

So apparently the Nick channel thinks it's got this cute 'hip young kids' theme going on because it just cut out in the middle of Spongebob for show a picture of a robot with the voice over "yeah we just did that" and then goes back to the show where entire lines are now missing because they just HAD to interrupt the program to be hip and trendy.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #5316
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
So apparently the Nick channel thinks it's got this cute 'hip young kids' theme going on because it just cut out in the middle of Spongebob for show a picture of a robot with the voice over "yeah we just did that" and then goes back to the show where entire lines are now missing because they just HAD to interrupt the program to be hip and trendy.
Interrupting things with a robot? Is that a thing people do? Is that what counts as funny now? I am so lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #5317
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Interrupting things with a robot? Is that a thing people do? Is that what counts as funny now? I am so lost.
Apparently. All it was, was 15 seconds of a picture of a 'retro' robot toy and the voice over. That was it.

Now they have commercials that play that feature some random teeny actors doing stupid annoying stuff. Like actors from one of their live action shows where they're feeding a 'baby' that's just one of the actors chins dressed in a lace bib with googly eyes on so it looks like a giant baby head.

And uh, they assume this is what 'kids these days' think is funny. So it seems.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #5318
Ilafatyu
That guy

I'm so lucky I don't have a heart. People are assholes. How do nice people make it through the woodchipper without being torn to shreds?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #5319
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I'm so lucky I don't have a heart. People are assholes. How do nice people make it through the woodchipper without being torn to shreds?
You have a heart buddy, you can't fool yourself that you don't.

(It doesn't prevent you from trying!)

Additionally, anyone who says they're nice likely isn't --- but I feel this goes for anyone who expounds their "good traits" unless they're linked to real accomplishments (Which being nice isn't).
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #5320
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
What prompted this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #5321
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
You seem to care that means heart

Only I truly don't have a heart because I'm a dalek.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #5322
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I thought I was heartless one.

Yet I'm tender and gentle, and awful sentimental, regarding love and art.

*do do do d-d-doo*
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #5323
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I definitely have a heart.

I'm frying it up with some nice veggies tonight.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.

Last edited by Bisected8 : 02-23-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #5324
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I'm not sure how someone that is 26 can be so unorganized. I don't understand how my friend has such bad budgeting skills, and keeps losing cosplay clothes and parts in his room. It's not even a big room. Maybe if he actually uses that closet that he has, he wouldn't have this problem. He's also really forgetful about everything...

On an unrelated note, I can't wait to get another job. Some of the people at my work act like I'm the only one there that can do certain things, when there are others that can do it too. Don't have me do something just because you don't want to, and don't give me some excuses.

Lol, and on an even more unrelated note some people just seem very nice. The more you know them though, even though they still seem "nice", they're actually not that great of a person. You start to see them for what they really are the more you know them. Friendships shouldn't be 1 sided

I feel a little better now ^.^

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #5325
Chuu-Chan

I'm just so tired of everyone and everything lately.
Chuu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote