Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #301
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grwak View Post
Totally excited! costume almost done

A question: are masquerade costumes fine to be worn all day and then to the masq or is that just not really done?
my last 3 I've changed into it just before for different reasons
ConBravo 2011: Friends wanted to cosplay something else that day
Anime North 2012: Had a group and another version of the costume was more fitting for it then my masq. one...
Ochiba-con 2012: Wanted to cosplay something else, but since it was close to home I could easily go change over lunch...

But this year in almost ALL my masq. entries, I will be wearing them all day, even with a hotel, its a pain to go and change makeup and everything, 2 of those 3 times (CB an AN) were MAJOR pains to go change, so I'm not going to do that again... ever... as long as I can help it... a lot of my cosplays have intense, individualized makeup, so it takes an hour to change and doesn't look as good because I can never get off all the residue from the old makeup... as far as I'm aware, Costume Con is the only con where you aren't allowed to wear you cosplay all day before the event (a key reason why I'm not going! XP)
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #302
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Finishing my packing tonight! And I need to keep practicing my walkon. Squee, just two more sleeps! One 'til I'm headed to Guelph!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #303
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I've only changed once of the Maqurade day and never again. >_< it to much work to get into so me of my costume twice in a day and makeup. I usually however only wear my Masquerade costume the day of the Maqurade and not before then to keep it neat and tidy.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #304
MDA
Destiny Productions

I'm curious about something with the masquerade. I know last year my group and I left two things on stage when we walked off, and the stage ninjas took them off before... what I'm hoping to do this year will involve leaving two props again. Will they take them off before the next entry?
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #305
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekayart View Post
@KakeraのTsuki: Omg what are you selling in the AA?? Good luck!
Crafts! =) Handmade lolita stuff. Gonna have accessories and a few items of clothing like This

I wanted to draw some stuff and make prints but lol, I went to Katsucon so no time for anything~~~ <_<

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #306
zeekayart
derp

Oh awesome!! That's so cool! It looks beautiful. Hahah yeah, I heard Katsucon was pretty hectic. I want to go next year, it looks like it has some nice places for photoshoots.
☐ ConBravo!
☐ Otakuthon
☐ Youmacon

2014 Costume Plans
?????????????????i
zeekayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #307
shinigami714
Illustrator

So excited but so stressed! Still so much to do with my cosplay! And I'm behind on making merch for my art table...speaking of, drop by and say hello! I'm dressing as Taffyta on Saturday (and probably sunday), and I'm undecided on what I'll wear Friday. It would be great to have a chat with some cool cats, so I don't get bored out of my mind while selling.
shinigami714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #308
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekayart View Post
Oh awesome!! That's so cool! It looks beautiful. Hahah yeah, I heard Katsucon was pretty hectic. I want to go next year, it looks like it has some nice places for photoshoots.
Thank you!

Katsucon was crazy haha, but yeah it's gorgeous. It didn't hit me while I was there, but now that I look back on the videos/photos it was seriously an awesome place for photoshoots. =) You should try it out! But be warned that the programming sucks lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami714 View Post
So excited but so stressed! Still so much to do with my cosplay! And I'm behind on making merch for my art table...speaking of, drop by and say hello! I'm dressing as Taffyta on Saturday (and probably sunday), and I'm undecided on what I'll wear Friday. It would be great to have a chat with some cool cats, so I don't get bored out of my mind while selling.
Oh man, I know how that feels. =( Good luck! Your Taffyta looks so cute~ If I'm sitting near you I'll come to chat haha. =)

I also welcome friendly strangers and friends alike to drop by and chat. I'll be bored out of my mind and studying at my table, so I'd appreciate the company.

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #309
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami714 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeraのTsuki View Post
Oh man, I know how that feels. =( Good luck! Your Taffyta looks so cute~ If I'm sitting near you I'll come to chat haha. =)

I also welcome friendly strangers and friends alike to drop by and chat. I'll be bored out of my mind and studying at my table, so I'd appreciate the company.
I'll swing by. I'm sure my bro will venture off anyway....

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #310
MutantCanuck

I got into acksonl's Con-G promo! Well at least at the beginning. It's something. XD
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #311
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

^ I can image as I'm kind of board at the Scifi/anime garage sale every year in September during certain hours. The Nominochi on the other hand I talked myself horse the one year over the crowds. lol

I'm in the same boat as you shinigami714. making the skirt took longer then I though (I was also testing as I went). I haven finished the stripping on it of the front segment. So I HAVE to do that tonight and attached it to the bodice. (and if I'm lucky the zipper)

I'll be luck to get the bow done and I probably won't have the pockets (that random show up in the series but not the intro or some of the art work >_< )

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #312
sailormoonfan14

Well, one day left! Sew, sew sew! I'm thiiiisss close to being finished, i'm such a bad procrastinator DX
sailormoonfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #313
siyrean

conversation i just had with my mom.

me: do you have a medium long necklace chain I can borrow, the dollar store was out.
mom: I have lots of chains but they're expensive
me:i don't need expensive i just need a chain
mom: well what about this one
me: that's not a chain, i need a chain chain, with proper links
mom: sure it is, what do you call those
me: those are fancy, i just need a chain
mom: how about these
me: those aren't chains either, they spiral. It's okay, i'll go search my drawers again
mom: no wait, how about this, that's a chain.
me: thank you but its too short.
mom: it's not too short.
me: it is, i need it for a costume, it has to land here.
mom:well if you're putting a pendant on it, you want it to sit here
me: no, it's has-
mom: what are you putting on it?
*hands her small zip bag with pendant, then starts to look up picture*
mom: here see, you want it to see here
*she's taken the still very chipable pendant out of the bag and put it on, while my eyes bug out*
me: be careful!
mom: why
me: it's very delicate
mom: you mean it's very cheep
me: no, I mean because I made it.

Now I feel bad because I kind of snapped that last line and I think she felt bad. Parents and cosplay
this is after just getting back from the dry cleaners and them telling me my dress isn't back yet, i had to tell them I need it tomorrow. and my hair extensions were lost in the mail... seems like everything's going wrong (i had food poisoning during my days off and an allergy attack that hasn't cleared up on my face yet - from something in my makeup kit which now may have cross contaminated my expensive brushes FML).
Well I'm going to end up wearing my SoulEater cosplay either fri or sun now as my Emma Swan one has me depressed.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver.
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

Last edited by siyrean : 02-21-2013 at 01:56 PM.
siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #314
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

On the train now! Lucky for me my big suitcase with three boot-wearing costumes weighed 37.4 pounds and thus no excess weight charge. I guess I'd better not buy anything heavy.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #315
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyrean View Post

Now I feel bad because I kind of snapped that last line and I think she felt bad. Parents and cosplay
this is after just getting back from the dry cleaners and them telling me my dress isn't back yet, i had to tell them I need it tomorrow. and my hair extensions were lost in the mail... seems like everything's going wrong (i had food poisoning during my days off and an allergy attack that hasn't cleared up on my face yet - from something in my makeup kit which now may have cross contaminated my expensive brushes FML).
Well I'm going to end up wearing my SoulEater cosplay either fri or sun now as my Emma Swan one has me depressed.
That all sounds like really bad luck I hope things go well for you.

Also hope everyone has fun at the con I really tried to make it but all my money went into my new place. Hoping Ill get to go next year.

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote