Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 02-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Marvel 2013

It dawned on me that the O.G. Marvel thread has died and needed to be replace. So this is me, replacing it. I'm good like that.

So yeah, we're still 8 months away, but I'm sure peole have plans already. Lords knows I do. Hawkeye (or HAWKGUY if you're cool with the new ongoing) is definetly making a return, and if I actually get NOW! Cyclops done, expect that as well. Jamie Madrox would be the strong 3rd contender if my friends from VA/SC actually come up, and there's been talk of doing something Young Avengers related.

Also I would kind of like to get something serious going in terms of a shoot. I imagine a mass-gathering would happen as well, but something like they do at Dragon Con would be nice as well. We certainly got the numbers and space for a shoot where we only 1 one character represented. But we'll worry about that if there's actually interest.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
eebee

I have no solid NYCC Marvel plans yet, but there is a high probability that they will materialize! Depending how well other cosplays come together, this might be the year I finally get around to making the Scarlet Witch.

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
I have no solid NYCC Marvel plans yet, but there is a high probability that they will materialize! Depending how well other cosplays come together, this might be the year I finally get around to making the Scarlet Witch.
Then you can stay right the hell away from my characters! You either nearly wiped them out, or killed them, bring them back, and trick them into sexing up a robot.

COMICS!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
tsukeru

As of now, the only two cosplays I do have planned for sure are:

Kate Bishop (Hawkeye #8 cover)
Pepper Potts (Iron Man: Armored Adventures)

I may or may not be able to do Mockingbird, depending all on budgets.
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeru View Post
As of now, the only two cosplays I do have planned for sure are:

Kate Bishop (Hawkeye #8 cover)
Pepper Potts (Iron Man: Armored Adventures)

I may or may not be able to do Mockingbird, depending all on budgets.
If I learned anything from Katsucon, there's going to be a ton of HAWKGUY Kate's at NYCC. I'm so okay with this.

Unread 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

I have no clue yet. I do have Hela from JiM half way done though so that's a possibility along with Leah. Have a few cons before NYCC so I haven't had time to think about it yet.

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
I have no clue yet. I do have Hela from JiM half way done though so that's a possibility along with Leah. Have a few cons before NYCC so I haven't had time to think about it yet.
DO TELL! Unless they're all anime related. Then you won't see me there.

Unread 02-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
Kimmu
silly pervert

I'm actually planning on going for the whole weekend this year and thus will actually be cosplaying. (Also crossing my fingers and praying to whatever gods necessary there's a Thor:TDW panel. of course if there is one, good bye, Saturday!)

And by then, my JMS!Thor and my genderbent Volstagg will be complete. No clue which one I'd actually bring.
Kimmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmu View Post
I'm actually planning on going for the whole weekend this year and thus will actually be cosplaying. (Also crossing my fingers and praying to whatever gods necessary there's a Thor:TDW panel. of course if there is one, good bye, Saturday!)

And by then, my JMS!Thor and my genderbent Volstagg will be complete. No clue which one I'd actually bring.
I imagine if there's a Thor:TDW (I honestly have no clue if there is or not), and you'd want to cosplay, you probably want something super comfty to wear. Because you'll probably end up standing there for a good chunk of the day.

Also I'm fairly certain you'd be the first Genderbent Volstagg out there. That's kinda cool.

Unread 02-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Kimmu
silly pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I imagine if there's a Thor:TDW (I honestly have no clue if there is or not), and you'd want to cosplay, you probably want something super comfty to wear. Because you'll probably end up standing there for a good chunk of the day.

Also I'm fairly certain you'd be the first Genderbent Volstagg out there. That's kinda cool.
I did the whole insane thing for the Avengers panel two years ago, which was exhausting but so worth it.

Awww I love Volstagg and was thought it would actually be really comfortable to wear and fun, it's neon pink and you get to always be eating! and now we're working on a complete genderbent Warriors Three and we have a friend who already has finished her Earth X Thor. Now all we need is a Man Sif.
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #11
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I did the whole insane thing for the Avengers panel two years ago, which was exhausting but so worth it.

Awww I love Volstagg and was thought it would actually be really comfortable to wear and fun, it's neon pink and you get to always be eating! and now we're working on a complete genderbent Warriors Three and we have a friend who already has finished her Earth X Thor. Now all we need is a Man Sif.
Your friend who's finished her Earth X Thor-is her name Lindsey/is her handle Bettie Bloodshed?

Unread 02-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #12
Kimmu
silly pervert

Quote:
Your friend who's finished her Earth X Thor-is her name Lindsey/is her handle Bettie Bloodshed?
It is indeed! Man, girl gets around lol
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
It is indeed! Man, girl gets around lol
Hahaha Lindsey is RAD! I met her in Chicago last year, and we paled around for that con, and have been cos-bros ever since!

Also she's like my favor Carol cosplay EVA!

Unread 02-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
Kimmu
silly pervert

Quote:
Hahaha Lindsey is RAD! I met her in Chicago last year, and we paled around for that con, and have been cos-bros ever since!

Also she's like my favor Carol cosplay EVA!
She's totally my fave Carol as well. She is the best cos-bro to have. She really is. And that has nothing to do with her feeding me and entirely to do with loving her as a person lol
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #15
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
She's totally my fave Carol as well. She is the best cos-bro to have. She really is. And that has nothing to do with her feeding me and entirely to do with loving her as a person lol
ITT: We are bias towards Bettie Bloodshed.