Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #76
hippiewriter
Socks.

Most days I wear working clothes- brass-plated boots, jeans, a fitted tank top, and a beat up sweatshirt. My clothes often get covered in things like paint and machine oil and they have to be somewhat resistant to catching fire. My hair is rapunzel-esque, so I put it in a bun to keep it safe and out of the way.

When I bother dressing nice, my clothes are mostly classic with touches of steampunk, fantasy, and pirate. I wear leather boots with fitted coats or blazers. I wear nice jeans or lacy skirts. I like earcuffs and steampunk earrings. If it's raining, I throw on my pirate hat. I sometimes carry around a tankard or have beads and feathers stuck in my hair.

2013 Conventions/Events:
ALA (Artist Alley, Rum Party Staff)
Condor (Dealer's Hall)
Anime Conji (Artist Alley)
Escondido Ren Faire (Volunteer)
Gaslight Gathering (Guest Panelist?)
San Diego Comic Con (Attendee)
San Diego Pirate Faire (Volunteer)
Conjecture/Conchord (Dealer's Hall?)
hippiewriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #77
coralsheep

Cool t-shirt/tank top and jeans/shorts pretty much sums it up for me.

Planned:
Disney's Alice (MNSSHP'13)
King Boo (EVO 2k)
coralsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #78
kuko-chan
Waterbender Extraodinaire

*poke* Revive dead thread?

I wear a strange combination of earthy-tone bohemian thrift-store finds and self-made stuff. I recently started getting mori girl fashion and I've been sketchy a ton of stuff I hope to make soon, maybe even sell on my Etsy page. I make my own jewelry and accessories too to match my outfits. Beats crappy Ardene's buys that fall apart after a week.
Unread 05-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #79
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

I prefer to be a little bit dressy all the time (not super dressed up, but nicer pants than jeans and a buttoned up shirt). The way I generally dress would probably best be described as modern dressy/classy influenced by Steampunk/Goth/militaristic styles (I wear military jackets a lot, as well as non-military blazers). I recently got a faux leather vest and a pocket watch, which I plan to use together (as well as separately sometimes). On some days I won't dress up quite as much and will wear a nerdy t-shirt under a jacket or unbuttoned dress shirt. I also have a thing for long coats. The main ones I wear most frequently are a black overcoat, a brown duster coat, and a vintage WWII-era RCAF greatcoat, and I'm going to make a Vash the Stampede duster this summer for everyday wear. For shoes, I generally wear somewhat dressy shoes or else leather boots (although sometimes red Converse, inspired by the Tenth Doctor). I'm not a fan of hats, so I hardly wear those, but I usually wear scarves when it's cold enough (I have an Aperture Laboratories scarf and a Ravenclaw scarf). I usually wear a necklace with a cross shaped like Wolfwood's gun from Trigun, and sometimes a Mockingjay pin or a Star Trek "Command" rank pin. Obviously, I'm quite fashion conscious for a guy...

...most of the time. Above is how I dress during the school year or any other time when I'm going to be around people my age. During the summer, when I hardly ever see anyone I know other than my parents, I don't really give a crap how I look, and usually just wear shorts and t-shirts.

Very few pictures exist of me in my daily clothes. Here's the only decent one.

In progress: Booker Dewitt (Bioshock Infinite) - 90%; Steampunk'd Han Solo (Star Wars) - 98%; Connor Kenway (Assassin's Creed III) - 30%; Max Rockatansky (Mad Max series) - 35%; Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Captain America: TWS) - planning

Future: Mal Reynolds (improved), Jaime Lannister (GoT)

Last edited by Cameron1138 : 05-30-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #80
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Cameron1138, I love the outfit! Very handsome!

I personally find long pants very uncomfortable so I wear short ones with socks, tights or stockings. In winter I just wear many layers to keep warm. As for shirts I love collared button-ups. For shoes... First of all, they have to have heels, and preferably platforms. Chunky platform shoes or boots are my favorites. (I love, love boots.) Oh, and I also like headdresses and hats. As for colors, I usually wear black and white, occasionally with a bit of red and pink. X)

I'm currently trying to redo my wardrobe as I've changed styles. XP Cutting my hair short soon, too.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #81
Amakago

I'll revive this thread.

I dress in mainly cute Japanese fashion like fairy-kei or gyaru. People tend to stare at me a lot for my clothes, but oh well.
Amakago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 03:33 AM   #82
MaiCosplay

Pompish, gothic, punk rockerish. Emoish. Lolita. Hipster. Chic. Anything I find attractive online/store. Once I setup my We<3it it'll show.

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 03-19-2014 at 08:56 AM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #83
DeeperBlue
In Over Her Head

I look pretty decent in anything cute, though I prefer androgynous visual kei / boystyle any time I possibly can without repeating outfits too often. Kinda depends on how I do my makeup and hair that day.

Fayt Leingod - Star Ocean:Till the End of Time - Making armor

Faize Sheifa Beleth - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Working on bracers, rapier
DeeperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #84
Maryalex

My style is a mix of punk and lolita..and for that i wear classic designer jeans and denim tops. I fell comfortable in both styles .....
Maryalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #85
Ilafatyu
That guy

I'm trying to change the way I dress. I used to be a creature of baggy jeans and t shirts, but when it came to my attention that I look like a 12 year old it had to stop. I've been experimenting for the past couple months-- Button fronts, weird vests, punkish stuff that looks beat to death, sweatervests, and so on. I'm too cheap to buy new shoes, so everything is either red/black checkers, Harley boots, or the dress shoes I use for half my cosplays. I look ridiculous and it's great.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #86
Maryalex

@cameron1138 man you have dam good personality.and your dress adding stars to it.....very nice
Unread 03-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #87
Maryalex

@Ilafatyu very nice........one should keep on experimenting with their looks as it makes the person feel good and change always encourage the desire of achieve........
Unread 04-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #88
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Ideally, I want to be a different decade of the 20th century each day.
I mainly wear 40's-60's clothes since those are the easiest to find.

Currently working on:
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Tumblr: http://justacrazedfangirl.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses