Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 402 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #20131
Kiichigo

I have the opposite problem, there are NO MORE CHRACTERS LEFT ;_;
I have to watch/read something new soon, but it's difficult with bad internet.
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #20132
piffle esque
mahou shoujo in training!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherSilver View Post
Where are these coupons of which you speak?? T^T I'm waiting and hoping to find some coupons before tomorrow but alas, I haven't received any joanns or hancock fabric coupons yet lol

Hancock's emails them to me once every blue moon. X'D Haha, do you want me to forward them to you? :3 I can't use them, by the time I'm able to go down there, lol the coupons would be expired.
piffle esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #20133
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
and @Funtom,

Good lord! This is my life right nowXDD I have umpteen cosplays i want to do and at random motivation times, even though i already have fabric for planned characters. and watching Anime, Movies, and reading Manga really doesn't help XDD I'm a flighty bird, and staying grounded is hard, cause one moment i'm sure and buying and the next i change lol. Thankfully for my current con line up my plans are pretty set in stone, cause helping me stick to them is me telling #people what i plan and knowing they expect it, really helps me stay on track with it. Though what it also does i've noticed is made me want to cosplay more characters in addition the ones i have.

Characters Y U TEMPT SO!?!
This is why I made a pretty solid plan for this year early on. Keep myself on track. It's working well so far, haha.
As well as watching/reading series that I either am not interested in cosplaying or know I can't cosplay from right now since the characters are either too revealing or there's just some aspect I couldn't do. Like, I started watching HOTD (won't cosplay because I always see the fanservice posters of it around cons and my dad WOULD recognize them), Panty and Stocking (might do genderbend Stocking, going to be hard to convince my parents to buy a wig for a series called Panty and Stocking though), and Alice in the Country of Hearts (I want to be Boris but not showing my tummy and can't make his big..fluffy..tail thing.)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #20134
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by piffle esque View Post
Hancock's emails them to me once every blue moon. X'D Haha, do you want me to forward them to you? :3 I can't use them, by the time I'm able to go down there, lol the coupons would be expired.
I have no idea if this is too late or not but yes T^T I just saw your post and I'm going tomorrow and I'm having a hard time finding some lol. I'll private message you my email to send them to. <3
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #20135
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
(I want to be Boris but not showing my tummy and can't make his big..fluffy..tail thing.)
Actually Boris does have Another outfit in clover. You could always button the shirt up a little more if you wanted and he doesn't really carry the boa much ^^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #20136
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Actually Boris does have Another outfit in clover. You could always button the shirt up a little more if you wanted and he doesn't really carry the boa much ^^
...you realize how much you just doomed me? ;-;
...*saves picture for later*
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #20137
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
I have been wanting to cosplay Alice....WHY DO OUR PLANS KEEP COLLIDING LIKE THIS!?

The not being able to find a simple thing in a store thing. Seriously. You think finding a black beret would be easy. Nope. -_-

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #20138
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
...Did I do something wrong? xD
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #20139
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Using fray check on long strips of fabric. It takes...FOREVER.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #20140
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

The only major peeve i have right now which drives me away from the big events is they are spread so far apart and I cant walk much. I have a back problem which was caused by a seizure in bed it seems and now i can barely walk. I hate having to go out from hotel to hotel just to see some of the things. I think I will have to stick to the really small events. Most events are also too far and being on disability makes it next to impossible to go to them

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #20141
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

....weather not cooperating, its a nice sunny day then random downpour! During the photoshoot with my friends... also the awkward why is it raining when the sun is out!?!

Also, derp shoots? Like Kise missing completely and hitting me in the head with the basketball in time for the photographer to get a shot of the ball hitting my head. Or accidently hitting the photographer with the ball and thus lead to a shot of our feet. . .

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 02-24-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #20142
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice MacLeod View Post
The only major peeve i have right now which drives me away from the big events is they are spread so far apart and I cant walk much. I have a back problem which was caused by a seizure in bed it seems and now i can barely walk. I hate having to go out from hotel to hotel just to see some of the things. I think I will have to stick to the really small events. Most events are also too far and being on disability makes it next to impossible to go to them
Would bringing a wheelchair help? I have a friend who can usually walk on her own but because of her MS her legs get numb and she can't walk after a while. So when we tackle big events she usually brings a wheelchair. It helps a lot and she usually gets good seating for panels and such.
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #20143
Boyzenberry
Lemonade

I am not saying that bashing on cosplayers is good, but I hate when people don't even try, but judge others and think they are perfection when you can tell it was thrown together without even care being put into it.
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #20144
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyzenberry View Post
I am not saying that bashing on cosplayers is good, but I hate when people don't even try, but judge others and think they are perfection when you can tell it was thrown together without even care being put into it.
I think your peeve is actually them not being able to take criticism. I have the same feeling, and I try really hard on my costumes, I work months on them, but I always worry it's not going to look right. Which is why I accept criticism and work to make things better. The people you are talking about are well... unable to take criticism well. I can understand them maybe being crushed because their costume doesn't look as good but when they bash on other people I personally thing these people have some sort of... delusion. I can't find another word for it. When people think they are perfection and then criticize people even though those costumes may be better than their own, they are deluding themselves. It's people like this that need a wake up call. It is NOT okay to say mean things about cosplays (even though we secretly might think it) but when you yourself aren't even accepting help or critique to better yourself and feel the urge to critique others who have worked just as hard, if not harder? No.

tl;dr: Your pet peeve is people who are deluded and won't accept criticism because they are 'perfect'.
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #20145
usuyukisou

I revisited one of my favourite jewellery stores and saw a bracelet that has become very appealing for Princess Cadance. The problem is that I would need at least 2 (assuming I substitute some cheap anklets), and... well. It isn't a piece of costume jewellery. <___<