Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #2146
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I just used up the last of our strawberries making a smoothie yesterday for my husband and myself. I blended them along with 2 bananas, greek yogurt, milk and a bit of agave nectar. It was yummy.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #2147
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Unpopular opinion: I think Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream is super overrated.

Chocolate Therapy is my favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor so far. I really want to try Cannoli, though.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #2148
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
If you ever feel the need to bake something for them try this recipe for vegan German chocolate cake. I made it for my mother's birthday last year and it turned out amazing. They shouldn't have a problem with this delicious dessert.
Thanks, I might actually give this a go.

Made pasta earlier but unfortunately ruined it by accidently adding way too much black pepper. I don't even really like pepper so I was only gonna add a bit, but we don't really have a proper shaker so it all comes out really quickly. Only managed to eat half before I threw the rest away. I tried to add loads of cheese to make it taste milder but it didn't work, waste of cheese too then.

I would try again and make more but that was made with the ingredients I have, I'm leaving tomorrow so I didn't bother buying anymore food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #2149
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Thanks, I might actually give this a go.

Made pasta earlier but unfortunately ruined it by accidently adding way too much black pepper. I don't even really like pepper so I was only gonna add a bit, but we don't really have a proper shaker so it all comes out really quickly. Only managed to eat half before I threw the rest away. I tried to add loads of cheese to make it taste milder but it didn't work, waste of cheese too then.

I would try again and make more but that was made with the ingredients I have, I'm leaving tomorrow so I didn't bother buying anymore food.
For the non-dairy milk, I recommend coconut milk.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #2150
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Had a place called Naf Naf Grill for the second time ever today which is a Mediterranean restaurant. It was soooooooooooo good! I had a beef kifta in a pita, their special fries, and 2 extra pitas with hummus on the side. Lol, ordered waaaaaaaay more than I should have XD
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #2151
Tiiki
Raziel Warmonic

Salmon cream cheese dip with crackers OMNOMNOM.
Tiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #2152
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oooh, I love that too! Is yours salmon, cream cheese and seafood sauce in a pate on rice crackers? That's my Mom's essential party dish/crack.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #2153
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

I just taste tested my liqueur. It wasn't bad (the coffee flavour isn't as strong as I was hoping, but the bitterness seems to have stopped the chocolate and syrup being to sickly and the vanilla pod gave it a nice aftertaste).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #2154
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I tried a McDonald's McGriddle breakfast sandwich this morning, and I disliked it :/ It just didn't taste good to me, but at least I finally tried one
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #2155
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oh god, boyfriend got doughnuts from the bakery down the street. *FOODGASM*
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 02-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #2156
DeeperBlue
In Over Her Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Unpopular opinion: I think Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream is super overrated.
I actually fully agree with you on the Phish Food. XD My favorite Ben & Jerry's has got to be Dublin Mudslide. Irish cream liqueur with chocolate cookies and a coffee fudge swirl. It's so good, I have to stop myself from getting some whenever I go get groceries. XD On a real food related note, I've been craving homemade chicken soup. I start by picking apart a whole chicken that's been cooking in a crock pot for about 8-10 hours, cut it into bite size pieces, and add them to a pot of boxed chicken stock with minced white onion and garlic, sliced celery and carrots, salt, and lots of pepper. Omnomnom.~

Fayt Leingod - Star Ocean:Till the End of Time - 35% finished

Izanagi no Okami - Persona 4 - Planning stages

Next Con: Anime Expo 2015
DeeperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #2157
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #2158
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

I just had porridge for (a late) breakfast for the first time in years (plain with a bit of brown granulated sugar sprinkled on it).

Now I have the urge to make flapjacks again.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #2159
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I eat porridge most days in the winter/anytime it's not summer. I put brown sugar, a bit of milk and (if I have them) sliced bananas in. And Mom makes a great pot with cinnamon, raisins, cloves and nutmeg.
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #2160
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Dublin Mudslide. Irish cream liqueur with chocolate cookies and a coffee fudge swirl.
This sounds amazing but I'm a sucker for anything with irish cream in it skjdfhksfhd.

I made a pork shoulder in the oven last night... Bought a heart rate monitor and discovered that I burn more calories per day than I previously thought... Probably due to muscle. But I've been eating WAY under the amount of calories I need (sometimes by 1k calories a day and more) and have probably done a good bit of metabolic damage, which explains why I haven't been able to drop body fat for over a year. FUN. So am trying to find ways to shove in more calories since I honestly am not usually that hungry.

At katsu the hotel I stayed at had breakfast wraps so I'm going to try to do those, but with corn tortillas (since I'm avoiding gluten). I made hardboiled eggs and bacon beforehand so all I'll have to do is throw some together with some spinach, bell pepper, and cheese the night before.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote