Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #3181
Smochi

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/449375/

I was Marika Kato from Bodacious Space Pirates. I got so many Pirate Luka's I forgot who I was!
Smochi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #3182
piffle esque
mahou shoujo in training!

Just with one cosplay, and the characters already look heavily similar so I can see why I was mistaken. I was cosplaying Lydia from Earl and Fairy and was mistaken as Juliet from Romeo x Juliet the entire con. X'D It didn't bother me though, I had a good time. lol I actually got a few interested in Earl and Fairy and I ended up getting into Romeo x Juliet.

Last edited by piffle esque : 04-06-2013 at 01:24 PM.
piffle esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #3183
maybemelancholy
{risa}

my Ace costume has been mistaken for a Cowgirl =A=
and some random guy at Otakon shouted "I'D RIDE YOU ALL NIGHT COWGIRL"
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #3184
Julesie

I was cosplaying as Police England from Hetalia and a guy excitedly ran up to me and asked if I was from some Police anime (I forget the name). He looked so disappointed when I told him I wasn't.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #3185
Kimmu
silly pervert

My Kid Loki has gotten me called Link and then more hilariously, at AUSA, someone shouted at me "Awesome Toph cosplay!" which left me really confused as to how they could mistake Loki for Toph.
Kimmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #3186
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

I don't know about "mistaken", but many don't RECOGNIZE what I cosplay, either because of my skin color or the obscurity of what I cosplay or both.

I primarily cosplay Vocaloid characters. KAITO in particular is my best known one. Many...don't know what a Vocaloid is, and if they do, they don't recognize ME in it, even if I'm standing next to someone of a different skin color cosplaying the same exact character. Also, I've recently dabbled in trying to cosplay a Fruits Basket character known as Ayame Sohma. I debuted this cosplay at Katsucon 19. NO ONE knew who I was. Not. One. Person. Needless to say, I was seriously ticked off.

So, in my case, I haven't, YET, experienced so much mistaken cosplay as I've gotten completely ignored or not being properly identified.

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
[b][size="1"]Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #3187
Disasterbate
Shubadawoo!

Back in Freshman year during Spirit Week, you always have those costume days and whatnot. So for little kid day I wore my old Ness (Earthbound) cosplay. Everyone at school thought I was Charlie Brown. o__0
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #3188
Crabcakes
Subway Boss

Last year I cosplayed as an OC and several people thought I was Ciel, and there was another person who thought I was a Hetalia character.
All were disappointed when I explained that I was supposed to be an OC.
Good times.

Planned Cosplays
Lolita!Emmet (Pokemon Black/White)
Elesa (Pokemon Black/White)
Bianca (Pokemon Black/White)
Mako Mankanshoku (Kill la Kill)
Crabcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #3189
Tai Prime
Cosplay Dreamer

only once i was cosplaying as Nano Ise from bleach. I had on my glasses carrying the big book and had the lieutenants badge on. All I got that day was Rukia doesnt wear glasses or rukia has short hair not long. my favorite was are you a female version of Byakuya?

Past Otakon 2011-13 Cosplays:
Merin(kuroshitsuji), Nanao Ise(Bleach), Kikyo(Inuyasha),Yuki-Onna(nurarihyon no mago), Female Yukio(Blue Exorcist)

Future: Digimon, Sytry (Makai Ouji: Devils and Realists)g
Tai Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #3190
Lyreori

I cosplayed Isaak Fernand Von Kampfer from Trinity Blood and had probably 10+ people ask me if I was from Vampire Knight. I feel so bad for this but this ADORABLE Axel cosplayer asked me when I was in a bad mood (blame lack of sleep, food, and my own stupidity and lord knows what else) I said in a rather harsh tone that I wasn't and that she was the -insert number here- person that has asked me that. The look she got on her face broke my heart. Seriously that was MANY years ago and I never forgave myself. It didn't help she was just so cute Never again will I lose my patience with another cosplayer.... Although, someone else did mistake me for a Nazi...... LOL. And when I cosplayed him at school everyone thought I was a Nazi. ..................

I'M SO SORRY, AXEL T_T
Lyreori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #3191
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

I was mistaken for Yoko while wearing Sinon on the weekend. Apart from both characters being girls with massive rifles, scarves and hot pants there really is no similarity between them. Especially as Sinon has short blue hair and Yoko has her long ponytail.
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #3192
AnimeAndMusical

My Zwei from Pandora Hearts got mistaken for another character from the same show (to be fair they do wear very similar capes). I find it funny because people always seem to get the show I'm cosplaying from right, but the character wrong.
AnimeAndMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 05:41 AM   #3193
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyreori View Post
Although, someone else did mistake me for a Nazi...... LOL. And when I cosplayed him at school everyone thought I was a Nazi.
Same thing happened to me when I cosplayed Isaak xD I think it's a curse for all Isaak cosplayers to get called Nazis.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #3194
MoonWingSamurai

A couple of years ago I cosplayed the tokusatsu character Magma Taishi at Anime Expo and was later asked to participate in the Nisei Week Grand Parade held each August in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. Afterward, I happened to find a video on YouTube that included my appearance in the parade. At one point, a spectator in the crowd sees my costume approaching from down the street and he asks aloud, "Is that Lady Gaga?"

I thought that was pretty hilarious!
MoonWingSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #3195
Goma ♪
Little Sesame Seed &#9829

Once I was cosplaying Nymph from Sora no otoshimono, mistaken for Miku.
Goma ♪ is offline   Reply With Quote