Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 119 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #331
sweetnsassy
*swish swish stab*

@ aimee: It's mentioned in the full length version of the featurette Arlette posted (I finally got around to watching it ). The costume designer mentions that the skirt is made of linen, but he doesn't say what the bodice is made of.

Speaking of which, I just got back from Joann's and got some gorgeous blue linen for my Belle cosplay. It took a while to find a good shade, but I'm so glad I found it!

WIP cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (earth kindgom): 90%
Toph Bei Fong (fire nation): 90%

Future cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (Bei Fong estate gown):0%
Haruhi Fujioka (final episode ballgown): 0%
Ciel Phantomhive (green suit): 0%
sweetnsassy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #332
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

*little victory dance* And Red's Petticoat is finished! That makes the cloak, skirt and underskirt complete. Pretty much leaving the bodice to do. Which is going to be the hard part of course, but at least it's the only major piece left.

Bar little things such as a purse, 'cause you need to have something to put your stuff in. And who knows what else I'll get my paws into. I'm eyeing that wicker basket in my family room currently used a magazine holder. It's reminding me of the basket Red carries around....

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #333
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsassy View Post
@ aimee: It's mentioned in the full length version of the featurette Arlette posted (I finally got around to watching it ). The costume designer mentions that the skirt is made of linen, but he doesn't say what the bodice is made of.

Speaking of which, I just got back from Joann's and got some gorgeous blue linen for my Belle cosplay. It took a while to find a good shade, but I'm so glad I found it!
Yay, congrats! I wish I'd seen that feature before I made my costume because I would have done a couple of things differently. Like, uh, the fabric. XD

In other news, I really REALLY want to cosplay as the Seer. It would be a great challenge!

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #334
MedievalGirl

If anyone else is looking for linen this site has a lot of colors. I've bought from them many times before. If you put ilovelinen in the coupon code you'll get 7% off.

http://www.fabrics-store.com/
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #335
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
*little victory dance* And Red's Petticoat is finished! That makes the cloak, skirt and underskirt complete. Pretty much leaving the bodice to do. Which is going to be the hard part of course, but at least it's the only major piece left.

Bar little things such as a purse, 'cause you need to have something to put your stuff in. And who knows what else I'll get my paws into. I'm eyeing that wicker basket in my family room currently used a magazine holder. It's reminding me of the basket Red carries around....
What did you make your petticoat out of? *personally completely forgot about it* And I still need to make my bodice too... >_> Can't you just make yourself Red?

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #336
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
What did you make your petticoat out of? *personally completely forgot about it* And I still need to make my bodice too... >_> Can't you just make yourself Red?
It's made of ivory poly-cotton eyelet, and then I trimmed it the bottom with matching pregathered eyelet trim, one four inches, and one.... one and half inches, I think, in width.
The actual skirt doesn't have any crinoline or anything, since I didn't want poof, just a good layer of washable fabric between my skin and the velvet layer. I made it using the same pattern as my red overskirt, The first pattern here. I just cut out one more skirt panel to make it a tiny fit fuller under the heavy velvet and then pleated the waist like mad. It turned out adorable, actually. I might make another one just to wear. Heh

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #337
MedievalGirl

My daughter was flipping out over Young Snow's pink ball gown. It would be a cute mother daughter cosplay if I made the mom's red dress but OMG the crystals. Put down the bedazzler!
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #338
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

^That would be so cute! I loved the mom's dress and I kept looking at all of the sparkles on it. *_* I really wish I could make young Snow's pink dress for my little sister but she would probably grow out of it by the time I'm done with it. Lol.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #339
sweetnsassy
*swish swish stab*

OMG I loved Snow's moms dress. But yikes all those sparkles @_@

I'm happy to report that I finished Belle's skirt this weekend. I was sewing like a madwoman, fabric bits everywhere lol!

WIP cosplays:

Future cosplays:
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #340
Arlette
Let it Go

Yeah, little Snow's dresses were gorgeous, even her mourning dress. I'd love to see someone's child or sister dressed up as young Snow, that would be amazing!

Here is a photo of our group from Katsucon if anyone is interested. I am still tweaking some things on both my Rumple and my hubby's Jefferson, as those are the two we plan to wear again at Dragon*Con (and I plan to make a Rumple for him, and I'm wearing Battle Belle again and possibly the Seer.) I have a OUAT problem!

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #341
sweetnsassy
*swish swish stab*

Wow you had an awesome group!

WIP cosplays:

Future cosplays:
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #342
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I see your Regina went with the Chinese brocade for her apple dress.

It's why i haven't order anything online for her year as There is this massive brocade store in Toronto from chiness seller that has so many colour options I want to see what they have first (most are also $18 a yard compared to $50 as well lol)

My white brocade came from them on both my Jack and Kongiku cosplays which was so much love.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-04-2013 at 11:45 AM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #343
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I see your Regina went with the Chinese brocade for her apple dress.

It's why i haven't order anything online for her year as There is this massive brocade store in Toronto from chiness seller that has so many colour options I want to see what they have first (most are also $18 a yard compared to $50 as well lol)

My white brocade came from them on both my Jack and Kongiku cosplays which was so much love.
The Regina actually hand painted her fabric. But she used to paint for a living so she's VERY talented at something like that, which would be pretty much impossible for me to do!

But yeah, it's really hard to match some of the fabrics they use on the show. It's why I never made Belle's green cloak from Skin Deep.

Unread 03-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #344
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

I believe she said she used a velvet flocked-taffeta and then painted over the velvet roses. It was spectacular to see in person!
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #345
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
The Regina actually hand painted her fabric. But she used to paint for a living so she's VERY talented at something like that, which would be pretty much impossible for me to do!

But yeah, it's really hard to match some of the fabrics they use on the show. It's why I never made Belle's green cloak from Skin Deep.
Even with stamping/stencils it can be tricky. >_< It's why I hoping to find a nice base fabric first.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-07-2013 at 04:29 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote