Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 02-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #46
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

I love insanity but sadly had to stop it a little over half way through because I moved out of my sister's house. Well lucky she's giving it to me which makes me happy, I can get rid of this weight that has seemed to come back.

You looked great by the way =3 keep it up.

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #47
ReighMkale

Good Luck with your Insanity! I've Done this twice now, the first time with massive results (but then the high impact destroyed my ankle and I had to go to physio- clearly i wasnt landing soft enough)

I've never been one to follow a strict food regime, but insanity did give me good recipes to follow!

I've since then did P90X, and while it was -much- better for my ankle, I liked Insanity better.

Just felt like I should say my small experience
ReighMkale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #48
Krazer

Finished my second week of Insanity, just about to start week three. My wife says I'm already showing results. Down from 264 to 259.

Before Insanity

SPOILER: (highlight to read)

Second Week Weigh In

SPOILER: (highlight to read)

Krazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #49
Drazhar

Definitely showing results! Keep it up, that's good stuff there!

You just doing the exercises, or all the way with the nutrition guide and Shakeology as well?
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #50
Krazer

I just do the excersizes.
Krazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #51
Higpi
No.

Oh cool! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the great work. I just get so happy seeing people journey to weigh loss because they are dedicated into doing something that will help them. My friend uses insanity. I actually use p90x, brazillian butt lift, and i'm in water polo. I sometimes use insanity but p90x is the one for me. I love working out because i want to stay in shape. I want to stay in shape for cosplay and also to be comfortable with my self. If I gain one pound, i make sure to loose it in a week. It's actually kind of hard for me to gain weight too.
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #52
thislullaby_
~ like an evening star ~

I saw an infomercial for Insanity! last week and I wanted very badly to order it, but I'm really really overweight (by about 100 lb) and out of shape and I figured that I'd hurt myself or just get discouraged by my complete lack of fitness. I'm really attracted to getting results quickly, though. I feel that at this point in my life, with all that I've tried in the past and the failures, slow and steady isn't going to do it for me, at least not at first.

I'm encouraged by the great results y'all have gotten, but I'm still not sure if it's a good idea for me.

The "Wishlist":
Saria (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time), Hermione Granger (Harry Potter), Artemis, Belle (Disney), Tinkerbell (Disney), Rapunzel (Disney), Princess Jasmine (Disney), Draenei (WoW), Blood Elf (WoW)
thislullaby_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:03 AM   #53
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thislullaby_ View Post
I saw an infomercial for Insanity! last week and I wanted very badly to order it, but I'm really really overweight (by about 100 lb) and out of shape and I figured that I'd hurt myself or just get discouraged by my complete lack of fitness. I'm really attracted to getting results quickly, though. I feel that at this point in my life, with all that I've tried in the past and the failures, slow and steady isn't going to do it for me, at least not at first.

I'm encouraged by the great results y'all have gotten, but I'm still not sure if it's a good idea for me.
There's no other way to get physical results other than slow and steady. You basically just have suck it up and stick it out.

Odds are you're not going to hurt yourself unless you do something really stupid. The best time to start was 10 years ago. The second best time to start is now.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #54
Drazhar

Get a good exercise mat and have it at thislullaby_

Definitely get a good mat, and make sure your shoes are appropriate to the task though.

VERY important stuff for us overweight folk.
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #55
thislullaby_
~ like an evening star ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbite View Post
There's no other way to get physical results other than slow and steady. You basically just have suck it up and stick it out.

Odds are you're not going to hurt yourself unless you do something really stupid. The best time to start was 10 years ago. The second best time to start is now.
Haha, I love that! And it's so damn true. x__x

The "Wishlist":
Saria (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time), Hermione Granger (Harry Potter), Artemis, Belle (Disney), Tinkerbell (Disney), Rapunzel (Disney), Princess Jasmine (Disney), Draenei (WoW), Blood Elf (WoW)
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #56
thislullaby_
~ like an evening star ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
Get a good exercise mat and have it at thislullaby_

Definitely get a good mat, and make sure your shoes are appropriate to the task though.

VERY important stuff for us overweight folk.
I never thought about a mat for just general exercise (I have for yoga/pilates), I'll have to look into this!

The "Wishlist":
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #57
thislullaby_
~ like an evening star ~

Bump. Y'all!

The "Wishlist":
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #58
Drazhar

Been pretty busy at the Arnold Sports Expo this weekend... that and a cursory body shave for Nappa left some marks so I'm not doing any current progress shots.

After I "heal up" I'll start again and show you guys/girls where I'm at LOL
Unread 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #59
BumblebeeMituna
Blood Soaked

now i feel really inspired to do Insanity!! im 5'7" and at 179,my goal is atleast 150 by September!

Last edited by BumblebeeMituna : 03-07-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spell
BumblebeeMituna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #60
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeMituna View Post
now i feel really inspired to do Insanity!! im 5'7" and at 179,my goal is atleast 150 by September!
More than doable, especially if you follow the nutrition plan.

Now that I'm all "healed up" as it were, and no longer sore from my 6 mile+ hike in Jedi gear over the weekend.

LET THE INSANITY BEGIN!

Encouragement and etc etc much appreciated!