Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
kosakuitaly
Huh, oh, what?

Red face Homestuck Cosplayers??

I was pretty surprised that I didn't see this thread on here.
Anyway
I didn't make this to make a photoshoot, i'm just asking if anyone is going to Otakon as a Homestuck character on Saturday.

I'm most likely going as Jake, if you see me (I'm probably walking around with a China) PLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE talk to me! Even if this is my 3rd/4th Con; I tend to be antisocial at Cons and it surprises me because i'm usually not a shy person! I've been trying to make other Homestuck friends and it have been unbelievably hard. ;o;
I really don't want to give you a hard job when you're trying to have fun at a con but, do you mind helping me come out of my shell? c:
Cons Im going to:
~Otakon 2013
~AMA 2013
~Nekocon 16

Cosplays:
~America(Hetalia)(100%)
~ Iceland (Hetalia)(0%)
~Jake English (Default/Suit and Shorts) (60%)
~ MilitaryStuck!Jake English (0%)
~ Dave Strider (100%)
kosakuitaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Not sure exactly when I'm wearing what, but if everything comes together, I'll be Rose Lalonde (Fancy-Light-Up God Tier and Derse PJs) for a least a day total! I'll likely be in the God Tier stuff Saturday night, if the rest of my group is read to go too.

As for meeting Homestuck friends, don't worry-- between multiple photoshoots, a bunch of panels, and the midnight draw party, you'll have no problem finding new people!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
violetlights
Pokemon Master

I may show up as Jade if the rest of my group gets their Beta Kids cosplays together! c:

(I'd really like to make her God Tier outfit, but I'm already working on four other cosplays for this convention so I'm extremely doubtful about that one.)
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
X3BelovedX3
Chu!

I'll be walking around after 5-6pmish on Saturday as Kanaya! :3

Puppy!Aoba // Fem!Doflamingo // Aoba // Yukata!Aoba

2014 Conventions:

Otakon // Nijicon // Takii

Check Out My Cosplaying Schedules & DA Account:

Schedules & DA
X3BelovedX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
LittleRibbon101
・㉨・

Who's ready to party?
Cause I'm thinking of making those scalemate boxers for Terezi and pass out faygo to a couple people. Hehehe.

I'd love to talk to any cool people too cause sometimes I'm shy as well.

Otakon cosplays

Chihiro Fujisaki - Dangan Ronpa (50%)
Sacrifice!Kyouko Sakura - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - (100%)
Terezi Pyrope [Default] - Homestuck - (30%)
Kigurumi Kyouko Sakura - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (100%)
LittleRibbon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
Hakkari
HEY! LISTEN!

I'll be coming as Crocker-tier/Obey!Jane on Saturday probably (either in the evening or all day, depending on the weather), and then I'm doing Roxy's Skaia outfit either Saturday morning/afternoon or Sunday.

I'm really shy too! I'd love to talk if I run into you (and possibly ask for a picture with you >.>)!
Panne - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lyn - Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken
Palutena - Kid Icarus

Last edited by Hakkari : 03-02-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Hakkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
Roxxors
Host of Stars

Oh hey, I was just getting around to organizing the shoot for this Should I use this thread or make a new one? Excited to see more Homestucks this year at Ota uwu
Roxxors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
StarsCASSiOPEiA

I'd advocate a new thread, so that you can post the shoot times/intended attendees in the very first post.

Also curious, are there any Draw Party plans in the works yet? Even though I only got to go to the Katsucon one for a little while, it was a lot of fun!
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #9
Roxxors
Host of Stars

I believe there is a draw party in the works! Otakon was fine with it last year, though I'm certainly not in charge of that, haha.

I am attempting to get in contact with Otakon in the hopes we can get a bigger location though. I really hate using the 4th floor locale, but it's the only place where we're not disturbing others :T I'm hoping Otakon might give us a space.
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #10
StarsCASSiOPEiA

That's a really smart idea, yeah-- I've heard suggestions from people that it might be smart for whoever's running that to apply for official panel status, then we might be able to get one of the larger panel rooms as a venue.
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxors View Post
I believe there is a draw party in the works! Otakon was fine with it last year, though I'm certainly not in charge of that, haha.

I am attempting to get in contact with Otakon in the hopes we can get a bigger location though. I really hate using the 4th floor locale, but it's the only place where we're not disturbing others :T I'm hoping Otakon might give us a space.
Good luck I have been for the past 10 years been asking Otakorp to help set up a place for larger Cosplay Groups to do photoshoots/Events and there official word is no because has they stated "The don't Officially Sponer Fan Photo Shoots) The other reason is that in this day and age that their insurance doesn't cover stuff like this.

As for using the 4th Floor my I suggest that all the larger groups that use it talk to each other so some of the problems that happen last year don't happen.
Unread 03-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
Destnai

My friend and I will most likely be around as Meenah and Damara, if you spot us you're more than welcome to come and hang out!

The midnight draw party is always great for getting to know a lot of people and making good friends since everyone's much more relaxed and having fun after a long day.
[ ] Anime USA: Naminé / Hisami Touji - Twelve (Sphinx)

.: Upcoming Cons 2015 :.
[???] MAGFest: TBD
[ ] Katsucon: Tabitha (RSE) / *secret cosplay* / TBD
[ ] Anime Next or Otakon: May (ORAS)
Destnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #13
Roxxors
Host of Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
That's a really smart idea, yeah-- I've heard suggestions from people that it might be smart for whoever's running that to apply for official panel status, then we might be able to get one of the larger panel rooms as a venue.
Unfortunately, Otakon won't take non-Asian panels, and even if they did we wouldn't be able to control the time (could be early morning or very late), the length (whatever time they would give us) and it would only cover us for one day of the convention. It's just... largely impractical, and Otakon's already told me such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
Good luck I have been for the past 10 years been asking Otakorp to help set up a place for larger Cosplay Groups to do photoshoots/Events and there official word is no because has they stated "The don't Officially Sponer Fan Photo Shoots) The other reason is that in this day and age that their insurance doesn't cover stuff like this.

As for using the 4th Floor my I suggest that all the larger groups that use it talk to each other so some of the problems that happen last year don't happen.
I sent them an email asking if there was a better place in the convention center, under the guise that they would know it better than I would, so I'm hoping they offer some sort of solution.

As far as the 4th floor issue went, when I got to the convention I was under the assumption that we had already spoken about having that space, so... yeah, not sure what was up there. I'm blocking 2 hours for each shoot though (last year's Saturday almost got to 3) so once we hit two hours we're stopping no matter what we get to, so we can be good to others in those spaces.

Speaking of that, I think there's a photoshoot thread going- I'm putting HS down for 4:13 on Friday and Saturday times, plus a noon Sunday slot, so we can make sure we have the space way in advance.
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #14
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxors View Post

I sent them an email asking if there was a better place in the convention center, under the guise that they would know it better than I would, so I'm hoping they offer some sort of solution.

As far as the 4th floor issue went, when I got to the convention I was under the assumption that we had already spoken about having that space, so... yeah, not sure what was up there. I'm blocking 2 hours for each shoot though (last year's Saturday almost got to 3) so once we hit two hours we're stopping no matter what we get to, so we can be good to others in those spaces.

Well I won't get into what happen last year but as far as location I live here in Bmore and if your interested I could give you a couple of location that can fit your size group depending on if you want to go outside or not.
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #15
Roxxors
Host of Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
Well I won't get into what happen last year but as far as location I live here in Bmore and if your interested I could give you a couple of location that can fit your size group depending on if you want to go outside or not.
Going outside is unfortunately out of the question, haha. Much, much too hot for full body makeup.