Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 02-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
rache1621

Exclamation Low Cut, unzipped CatSuit Help

A few characters i was thinking about doing have super low plunging necklines, (ex: Dr Mrs the Monarch, and Moltov from Venture Bros and Marvel's Black Cat and Firestar) and i was wondering if anyone had done these before and how they managed to keep it closed while being unzipped to about the belly button. I've heard about a professional who did Dr Mrs and she used a maniquin's torso... but fdidnt go into depth about how. Personally that confuses me. I've also seen a few who've used clear, plastic like stuff to fasten it under the bra line... but it's kind of noticable. Has anyone seen one that looked good?

Also, does anyone know about a good push up bra with a clear center to wear with these? I would really appreciate help. Thanks!!
rache1621 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
DriftersInc

Hello! When I've done cosplays with an exposed stomach or chest area, I prefer to use double sided fashion tape. One side is applied to the very edge of your fabric along the opening on both sides, and the other side is pressed onto your skin. It can hold for hours and you can bend and twist rather well without worry.

The two brands I've used before are Victoria's secret and Hollywood;

http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/...ProductID=4839

http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Fash.../dp/B000K9NZJE
DriftersInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
eebee

I second Drifter's suggestion. I've done Dagger, from Marvel's Cloak & Dagger, and I used fashion tape to keep her costume in line. It worked very well all day, even in areas with more tension, such as around the bust. They were also very small and easy to carry in my emergency bag in case one lost its stickiness.

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)
eebee is online now   Reply With Quote