Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 02-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
Apollo.gandin33

Hiya from Cape Cod, Massachusetts~!

Hi there~

So uhm I'm a beginner cosplayer. I started last year. My first and only con so far was Anime Boston 2012. I'm afraid Anime Boston will be the only con I'll attend because I kinda freak when I'm in a car for any longer than an hour and 15 minutes and flying is expensive with all of my Cosplay luggage x.x

Um...so I'm kinda sorta wicked shy. I have a terribly hard time talking to people and it takes a while for me to adjust to a person(I'm sociaphobic x.x). So if you talk to me and I'm awkward, I apologize in advance x.x

As shy as I am I really love making new friends so if you're looking for a new friend message me~ ^^

I think that's about all >.>

Auron:Complete
Lenalee:Complete
Road Kamelot: Need a wig
Honey-chan: 50%
Marceline: 0%
Marshall Lee: 0%
Apollo.gandin33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Welcome to cosplay.com! Nice to have you here. (: That's understandable, I usually only attend cons that are like half an hour's drive away xD

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Ilafatyu
That guy

Hey Apollo, welcome to cos.com~

Yeah, I can't travel very far to conventions either. I get carsick, but I imagine it's about the same level of discomfort when you have to stop every half hour or so to get a breath of air. The trek from the Mass border up to Portland Maine is a killer every year. xD

I'm making a Skype group conversation with everyone from New England that I can find. Even if you just lurk instead of chat, are you interested in joining?

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Heya Neighbor. I am from Whitman here. Pleasure to meet you.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Hey Apollo, welcome to cos.com~

Yeah, I can't travel very far to conventions either. I get carsick, but I imagine it's about the same level of discomfort when you have to stop every half hour or so to get a breath of air. The trek from the Mass border up to Portland Maine is a killer every year. xD

I'm making a Skype group conversation with everyone from New England that I can find. Even if you just lurk instead of chat, are you interested in joining?
That would be awesome! I won't be able to get on until I get my laptop back but it'd really like to join ^^
Yeah carsickness SUUUUUUCKS haha oh and you're from Mass? Or just outside of it?

Unread 02-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumoshi View Post
Welcome to cosplay.com! Nice to have you here. (: That's understandable, I usually only attend cons that are like half an hour's drive away xD
Sadly the closest con to me is an 1:45 from my house because I live on Cape Cod so we don't have much seeing as how we aren't mainlanders haha
An thank you for the welcome ^^

Unread 02-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
Heya Neighbor. I am from Whitman here. Pleasure to meet you.
Oh wow you're like an hour away : o *didnt know where Whitman was so I looked t up on google maps XD*
Thank you for the welcome~ do you go to anime Boston?

Unread 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo.gandin33 View Post
Oh wow you're like an hour away : o *didnt know where Whitman was so I looked t up on google maps XD*
Thank you for the welcome~ do you go to anime Boston?
Yep, planning on it. Been going since 2005, and not stopping now!

My town is little known, since we are pretty quiet and in the middle of other small towns. An hour away though? Not bad. ....

So, if you are going to AB, you have any plans? Events you are seeing, cosplays you are aiming for? Photoshoots you want to take part in....etc?

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Yep, planning on it. Been going since 2005, and not stopping now!

My town is little known, since we are pretty quiet and in the middle of other small towns. An hour away though? Not bad. ....

So, if you are going to AB, you have any plans? Events you are seeing, cosplays you are aiming for? Photoshoots you want to take part in....etc?
My planned cosplays are in the tag below~
And I'm going to the D.Gray-Man and Pokemon shoots.
It's only my second year going so I don't really know what they offer but I want to hit up the game room again and fail at DDR haha
I'm going up with three of my friends and my folks(but my folks have their own room because they don't want to be in my space lol). We're staying at the Marriott (I think it's called that) so my friends can do our cosplay changes quick.
Oh! And I'm going to the rave if course! But that's all I know for sure at the moment haha

What about you?

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #10
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

All I know is the Adventure Time characters, haha. s:.... and Auron if that is the FFX one.

Pokemon photoshoots are always amusing. Never followed anything D Grayman. s:

Oh, I recommend checking out Anime Unscripted, the Masquerade, the AMV contest, and the gameshows. That's usually the places I can be found. xD.... I try to avoid the game room. I do enough gaming at home. x_X

Ah, I don't know if I am going to the Marriott or not. I have two rooms booked there, but my friends are dropping like flies, so I am worried how many will actually be there. :/.... Been Marriott every year, and this year..... blah. No one wants to tell me what the heck is going on, if they CAN or CAN NOT make it, and it's getting me worried. :/

I went to the rave once, but it isn't exactly for me. xD... I went there when.... 2008 or something?.... It was the year Bespa Kumamero came. I remember getting a few pictures of them at the rave, lol.

As for me, well, I do crossplay, so I am....HOPING to do Eternal Sailor Venus from Sailor Moon and Naruko Anjou from Anohana. The events, I listed above. I taken part actually in Family Feud last year, and got the host trapped, it was hilarious. Made the gameshow extra fun. .... I also take part in the AMV contest every year too. Currently working on an action, and a hentai AMV right now. Don't know if I am going to get a third off. I have like 3-4 other AMVs STARTED, but all stopped.

That's about it for me. s:

Unread 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
That would be awesome! I won't be able to get on until I get my laptop back but it'd really like to join ^^
Yeah carsickness SUUUUUUCKS haha oh and you're from Mass? Or just outside of it?
For some reason it won't let me add you onto my contacts list. You can add me on, though, and then I can bring you into the Conversation. My name is ilafatyu, like my username. :D

I'm just north of the border, near Salem. It must be crazy living out on the cape, though. How crazy are the storms where you are?

facebook // dA

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
For some reason it won't let me add you onto my contacts list. You can add me on, though, and then I can bring you into the Conversation. My name is ilafatyu, like my username. :D

I'm just north of the border, near Salem. It must be crazy living out on the cape, though. How crazy are the storms where you are?
I added you~ (at least I think it was you >.>)
And the storms out here aren't that bad. Sure we lose power and stuff during the big storms but other than that nothing really happens.

Unread 02-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
All I know is the Adventure Time characters, haha. s:.... and Auron if that is the FFX one.

Pokemon photoshoots are always amusing. Never followed anything D Grayman. s:

Oh, I recommend checking out Anime Unscripted, the Masquerade, the AMV contest, and the gameshows. That's usually the places I can be found. xD.... I try to avoid the game room. I do enough gaming at home. x_X

Ah, I don't know if I am going to the Marriott or not. I have two rooms booked there, but my friends are dropping like flies, so I am worried how many will actually be there. :/.... Been Marriott every year, and this year..... blah. No one wants to tell me what the heck is going on, if they CAN or CAN NOT make it, and it's getting me worried. :/

I went to the rave once, but it isn't exactly for me. xD... I went there when.... 2008 or something?.... It was the year Bespa Kumamero came. I remember getting a few pictures of them at the rave, lol.

As for me, well, I do crossplay, so I am....HOPING to do Eternal Sailor Venus from Sailor Moon and Naruko Anjou from Anohana. The events, I listed above. I taken part actually in Family Feud last year, and got the host trapped, it was hilarious. Made the gameshow extra fun. .... I also take part in the AMV contest every year too. Currently working on an action, and a hentai AMV right now. Don't know if I am going to get a third off. I have like 3-4 other AMVs STARTED, but all stopped.

That's about it for me. s:
Yeah it's the FFX Auron ^^
I'm a crossplayer too well sorta. I'm a ftm tranny so it cross playing physically not mentally.
I basically cosplay whomever I find awesome and/or cute x3

That's wicked cool that you make AMVs! I can't figure out how to make them for the life of me x.x and awwww I can't see your other AmV cuz I'm only 17 T^T so close yet so far

I'll definitely try to check out those events! I just have to prepare myself before hand because I'm sociaphobic so uh yeah people scare me XD I was terrified most of last year(first time going) and spent the majority of the con in my room haha I hope I can spot ya in the crowd ^^

Also, I'm really sorry about your friends being indisicive. I'm a major planner when it comes to any kind of event and all my friends are last minute people so it really stresses me out. I completely understand and I hope the figure it out ASAP :3

Unread 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #14
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
I added you~ (at least I think it was you >.>)
And the storms out here aren't that bad. Sure we lose power and stuff during the big storms but other than that nothing really happens.
Yep, that was me.

So it's not that much different than on the mainland, alright. From the stories I've been told, every little storm is like a hurricane on steroids. xD

facebook // dA

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Unread 02-26-2013, 03:36 AM   #15
Skittan
Skitty Kitten

I'm from the cape too, haha.
Not that I like it here >>