Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #346
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
its less the team being too small and more the team needing their own personal lives back, some of them are now married and probably want to start families, and you can't really do that while running an ever growing con... plus we almost maxed out the largest venue IN Guelph, so there isn't much space left to grow while still being Con Guelph...
Yeah that makes more sense.

Guelph is small, there's only one other conference space on the other side of Guelph and i'm thinking its either the same size or smaller.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #347
DiGi_Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormoonfan14 View Post
Had an awesome time this year! Entered the masq and won for characterization, so happy! Though that was only my second sewn costume, i won an award so i have to compete in journeyman now apparently? Oh dear haha

Sad it looks like con-g will only be back for one more year though :C Con-g was my first con and has always been the one i looked forward to the most, been going 4 outta 5 years! Also, awesome to meet some of you in person
Only your second costume?! whoa. I was behind you in line for workmanship judging, your dress was amazing! Congrats

Check out my youtube page for con and anime reviews!
http://www.youtube.com/user/digirin20
DiGi_Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #348
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormoonfan14 View Post
Had an awesome time this year! Entered the masq and won for characterization, so happy! Though that was only my second sewn costume, i won an award so i have to compete in journeyman now apparently? Oh dear haha
My friends and I agreed that you and your costume looked incredibly beautiful and adorable. Awesome job!

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #349
zeekayart
derp

I think the amount of people who stayed at the end of closing ceremonies to help peel the green tape from the floor summed up how loved this con is. We love it so much, we appreciate you all so much, a group of 50 or so con-goers happily peeled away until all the tape was gone! It was such a cute way to end the con, and kinda brought tears to my eyes. Lindsay, Caitlin, all the staff, volunteers, and everyone else involved, thank-you so much again for an amazing year.

Edit: I read this again and it sounds really odd, lol. Oh well! It made sense to me when I wrote it.
☐ ConBravo!
☐ Otakuthon
☐ Youmacon

2014 Costume Plans
?????????????????i

Last edited by zeekayart : 02-25-2013 at 01:18 AM.
zeekayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #350
MutantCanuck

This weekend was beyond awesome.
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #351
sailormoonfan14

@DiGi_Rin: Thanks! Yah, i made Yuna last year, then my other two costumes were modified from regular peices and mostly hot glued together LOL

@seiryuux: Thank you! I'm pretty proud of it :>

And DireKitty, i honestly only stayed for half, that was just the little i got out of it. So sad though, but understandable

Last edited by sailormoonfan14 : 02-25-2013 at 10:55 AM.
sailormoonfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #352
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

^ Honestly learn how to sew my modifying clothes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
It was a great show this year! (Though obviously I'm disappointed I didn't win anything for Quorra. Time to make sure I DON'T have an electronics malfunction and try harder at AN.)

Well at least the Whole thing didn't go out. you leg went to blinking different colours. (Was in the audience).

Wiring is tricky. >_<

I'm kind of sad that next year will be the last but Guelph can't house the size of it anymore so it can't be called Con-G(Guelph) if it's not here. lol Con-G was great timing for a con as it was 3 month before AN. We all shall send it off with a bang next year.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 02-25-2013 at 11:01 AM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #353
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I'm kind of sad that next year will be the last but Guelph can't house the size of it anymore so it can't be called Con-G(Guelph) if it's not here. lol Con-G was great timing for a con as it was 3 month before AN. We all shall send it off with a bang next year.
I know! I am trying to think of something really elaborate for next year (and AN this year) - though my creative vibe is shot at the moment.

Also: I saw your Ms. Sweets cosplay. It was really cute! I wanted to get your picture but I was preoccupied with a gym battle, then I never saw you again .

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #354
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Well at least the Whole thing didn't go out. you leg went to blinking different colours. (Was in the audience).

Wiring is tricky. >_<
Yeah, that's what a few people said. (And my boyfriend took video, though I didn't really see it there) At least it re-illuminated to white on a few occasions too, but it breaking just a few minutes before going on got me so frazzled that I pretty well forgot half my routine too. So yah. Going to resolder the leg to be a LOT sturdier and practice more for AN, too. I also am thinking my intro might have been a bit long.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #355
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

First off, thank you to the wonderful organizers, staff, guests and even attendees! This is still my favorite convention, and it wouldn't be as awesome without everyone's help!

The panels were very informative, people were extremely friendly, I really hope everyone had a good time too~! Even though it was short, and I wasn't able to help out more, I was very happy to have had the chance to talk to some new Den #2 members! I wasn't even aware you were both on Coscom! sailormoonfan14 & ShinobiXikyu, I still love your costumes, I really hope I can see you at AN's Masq. Keep being awesome!

Very happy to see distant friends too, who help me stop being stressed & anti-social. Much hugs all around. It is sad about next year being the last, but I'm grateful for the opportunities given either way~

Upcoming...
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Hanzo (Samurai Warriors 3)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #356
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
I know! I am trying to think of something really elaborate for next year (and AN this year) - though my creative vibe is shot at the moment.

Also: I saw your Ms. Sweets cosplay. It was really cute! I wanted to get your picture but I was preoccupied with a gym battle, then I never saw you again .

I'll be wearing her on Friday of AN and the Toronto Cosplay picnic. Nothing like wear a costume to see where is sag. Aka I need to shorten the sleeve strap at the front section. if fitted find once on but it sagged due to heat through the day.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #357
raevix

A wild Dragonborn appears!

I had so much fun in costume at Con-G! And I'm getting so much better at enduring the heat, I'll definately be allowing for more time to wander around next time. I've uploaded some photos of myself to my photo album here on the site, and I'll get the pictures I took of others uploaded soon!
raevix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #358
zeekayart
derp

@raevix: Oh my gosh in the masq. green room I was wondering how you were surviving in there!! I had to step out of the room a couple times and I was just in a dress lol. Amazing costume, I could not stop looking at it!
☐ ConBravo!
☐ Otakuthon
☐ Youmacon

2014 Costume Plans
?????????????????i

Last edited by zeekayart : 02-28-2013 at 02:30 PM.
zeekayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #359
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I find that if you keep your head cool your ok but even with costume with a basic clothes a mascot head is always the worst part of wearing a costume like that.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #360
impossiblypossi
Impossiblypossible

Con-G had been a lot of fun and I'm really glad I went.
I was Ice Prince Finn and Sam Winchester the whole weekend. I entered the masq but me and my partner didn't win; but it was fun anyway!!

I'm glad other people had fun too ouo
impossiblypossi is offline   Reply With Quote