Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 02-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Phantomhive1136

Cool I would like some help with my cosplay please?

Hey! So I'm a new cosplayer and I just finished my Ciel Phantomhive cosplay. But now I'm focused on making a Gakuko from Vocaloid cosplay. I need help with the basics. Don't have too much money but just enough to buy cloth.
-How much cloth should I get?
-What kind of fabric should I use?
-Is there a pattern I can use? (already looked online, no luck)
-How can I make sure the clothes will actually fit me?
Any tips or bits of advise would be great thanks!

Here's a pic of what I'd like to do.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...lrs8o1_500.jpg
Phantomhive1136 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

---

Last edited by lovesexnpocky : 02-24-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Wrong forum ;n;
lovesexnpocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
guardianterra

To be honest, the best way to get some thing like that to fit right with no pattern is to make a mock up. That you can do out of old sheets if need be...just keep in mind if you make parts out of stretch or silky fabric they might react differently FYI.... I see cotton blends for the outer wear and a stretchy fabric for the leotard personally.

As with any costume break down your parts then look at the line drawings on patterns to see what will be the least hassle to modify. Or if you hail from the "hack and slash" school of though lay stuff out and start cutting in shapes you think are right and trying on often to ensure fit, and that is works....mind you this method is bound to be frustrating but I do it far more often then I would like to admit....pro tip start big work to small... you can subtract fabric with FAR less issues then add it back...

The under layer is going to be a leotard of some sort...the detailing could either be one cut out and sewn together or appliqued over a basic red leo. The Boot/socks I would say stockings...I am lazy so I would buy those >___>;;; but if you are less so then look in to boot covers. The "skirt" looks a lot like Hamaka pants only short but with out a clear picture of the back I can't say more on them then that. The jacket I would look for a short jacket with an open front and mad the opening and lengthen the sleeves to match the look. red belt is probably the easy thing...by enough fabric to go around you twice and tie in a big floppy bow. That is my 2 Cents on the subject at least and may hap gave you a new direction to try with it...

Anime NebrasKon: Staff Shirt of AMAZING
guardianterra is offline   Reply With Quote