Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #2401
Kwinncy

Hello~~ I'm new to the Texas area and I use to go to cons all the time when I use to live in Maryland, I just wanted to see if there were any groups going to cons like Akon, i know there are some in SA and Houston. Which cons would you suggest going to? I have only so much money lol and I want to go to at least 3 this summer which are in mid-west area..which cons would be the best ones to go to?
Kwinncy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #2402
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

So I bought lots of fabric for my upcoming cosplays. I bought from casa collection to bottomweight fabrics. There mostly, crepe, sateen and twill. I also got a piece of suiting fabric for Ludger but that be for a future cosplay. I also got more red for Lloyd and I'll see which I start to work On. Need to buy bias tape and a fabric marker because I ran out of the colors I need. So far the prices were reasonable so I didn't spend much more then 60$. And I got plenty of good quality fabrics. Harold took out the most of the list, why did that woman have so many types of fabrics in one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e42145e8ed.jpg
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #2403
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinncy View Post
Hello~~ I'm new to the Texas area and I use to go to cons all the time when I use to live in Maryland, I just wanted to see if there were any groups going to cons like Akon, i know there are some in SA and Houston. Which cons would you suggest going to? I have only so much money lol and I want to go to at least 3 this summer which are in mid-west area..which cons would be the best ones to go to?
Probably the top conventions in Texas are A-Kon and Anime Matsuri. I also really liked San Japan this past year but since you're planning on going to a few this summer A-Kon and SJ might be a little expensive added on. Ikkicon was also fun but pretty small. I would not suggest Oni-Con. Maybe this year will improve but so far it isn't looking too good.

In other new I have been working on Tsubaki today. I'm trying to make her dress by draping and so far it is going pretty well.
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #2404
Zaiten

Ohh, man, what a crazy weekend. Only have to work tonight and then I have three glorious days off to get things done finally. My goal is to stop slacking on my Aerith jacket. And the cosplay as a whole. All it needs is it sleeves attached, buttons, and the little black strip on the sleeves and the sewing part is done. It's literally an hours worth of work but I'm just so lazy. D: Wig is another situation. I may have to get another one all together or weft this one to make it work better. Meh.

Belldandy will be my main focus. I have the fabric, I just need to sit down and get cutting and sewing is all. I'm hoping to get the basics done.

From there, I'm not sure. I could make my Ouran jacket and possibly cosplay Tamaki. Or Haruhi if I don't use the brown wig for Aerith. I still need to order a bodysuit pattern for the Senshi, so no Venus, Chibimoon, or anyone else til probably A-kon at least.

And that's the current plan for things. xD We will see how that works out. (That means it'll change in a week.)

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #2405
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Good Lord, I finally got a day off.

And I finished Kid's necklace and gloves!

The outfit is just about finished, and the wig should be here any day now so I can style it, just need to purchase the ribbon I will need.

BUT OMG GUYS. I have the sheath, dagger, and boots left (And since I suck at boots, I have someone making them for me), and I'm about 99% sure I'm going to make the sheath out of clay and just use acrylics to paint it, but...

I have two questions!
How the heck should I make the dagger? This is my first cosplay prop ever. :<

And also what would be good to use as paint on my face and arms for the white markings she has?
Any ideas would be appreciated. :/

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #2406
Zaiten

Dagger? You could either buy a toy one that's similar and mold clay around it to get the look you want. Also wood, like a balsa wood, could be easy to work with, without the need of big tools. Or even foam!

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #2407
ladysuki1289

What's everyone's cosplay plans for A-Kon? I'm currently working on a Marie cosplay from Persona 4 Golden~! XP I just found the perfect skirt on a Lolita website so I'm really excited since I've never been! ^_^
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #2408
Zaiten

Ike (Fire Emblem: PoR), Age Swap!Sailor Chibimoon (Sailor Moon SuperS), Zidane (Final Fantasy IX) are just a few I'm tossing around. In fact I just bought the wood for Ike's sword. Not the Ragnell, though, the one from the PoR art.

Plus wood for Serge's swallow and some extra for a new Marth sword or anything else I feel like making. Like Zidane's daggers, lol.

Edit: I'm wondering. Sea Swallow or Masamune?

Proud Texas Cosplayer

Last edited by Zaiten : 02-26-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #2409
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

I'm working on Kid from Chrono Cross and Asuka's jacket/cathat version outfit from Evangelion 3.0.

Asuka is...Giving me more trouble that what I'm used to. >____>

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 02-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #2410
Zaiten

Ahh, sales.. I love them. Also picked up some snaps for my Senshi bodysuit, some cheap poly satin to play around with for a skirt to practice if I want to paint or use ribbons or whatever, some beads, a spool of purple ribbon for my Ouran tie, and a foam heart for my Twinkle Bell. =D All of it for under $10.

Now enough stalling and back to sewing. I have lots to do and not a lot of time to do it in.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #2411
Smoong
Fairy Tail Guild Member

Well after a little time off take care of some family business, I'm back and finishing up Final Fantasy XIV armor. luckily all the major pieces are already formed and now just have to be painted and detailed. Why does work always have to get in the way of our cosplay? *le sigh*
Matsuri is basically like a month away and it's seriously time to start picking up the pace..can't wait to see some of you there!
San Japan

Our Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SsCosplay

My deviantART!
Smoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #2412
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

I'll only have Nia's Anti-Spiral version and Taiga for Matsuri, but I should have Kid finished as my third cosplay by A-kon if I don't slack horrendously.

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 02-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #2413
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
I have two questions!
How the heck should I make the dagger? This is my first cosplay prop ever. :<

And also what would be good to use as paint on my face and arms for the white markings she has?
Any ideas would be appreciated. :/
I hope your Kid cosplay turns out wonderfully!! Will you have the dagger sheathed the entire time or do you want to be able to take it out of the sheath. I think you should get away with making the dagger like this:

Mashimaro's tutorial

since it's a beginner's friendly prop tutorial. You could also use foam board.

I think it'd be great to paint on the white markings too (maybe use Ben Nye) and just use a final seal on them.
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #2414
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
You should totally go for Jupiter! =) If you do, then we'll have to get a picture as the last two inner senshi.
I think I might if I have enough funds to get the material to make the outfit (I might just go with the manga version when she first appears). That would be awesome to get photos together at SJ!
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #2415
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsky View Post
I think I might if I have enough funds to get the material to make the outfit (I might just go with the manga version when she first appears). That would be awesome to get photos together at SJ!
^_^ Woohoo!

In other news, I'm having a cosplay apocalypse tonight. I keep wanting to get to work and something keeps stopping me. ;-; My Aerith wig just isn't working, so I don't know what to do about it now. Belldandy, well, I'll end up with the same problem, I think.. and to add insult to injury, I decided I'll go and dye my Rinoa fabric and lost the dye packet! The only progress I've made is on Tamaki's jacket and Chibimoon's Twinkle Bell.

I'm all sad now. Plus with my hours being cut back I'm actually worried I'll have to really cut back on a lot this year.

Proud Texas Cosplayer