Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Chuu-Chan

Lara Croft cosplay?

So I've been really into Tomb Raider lately, and I would love to cosplay as Lara Croft at some point, but I can't seem to find a decent cosplay, and when I do, it's too small. Does anyone know where I could find one that is at least a size large? I considered trying to make my own, but then I worry that it will LOOK like it was made, you know?
Chuu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

There are many different versions of Lara Croft in many different outfits. Depending on which one you're doing most of the outfit could probably just be purchased from various stores. Like this one.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuu-Chan View Post
So I've been really into Tomb Raider lately, and I would love to cosplay as Lara Croft at some point, but I can't seem to find a decent cosplay, and when I do, it's too small. Does anyone know where I could find one that is at least a size large? I considered trying to make my own, but then I worry that it will LOOK like it was made, you know?
A Lara Croft costume could reasonably be purchased at a department store, think more outside of just buying a pre-made complete costume and you'll find things around you that work quite well. I would imagine that, outside of the wig if your using one, the most expensive part would be the holsters. You can purchase them at sport goods stores.

If your really set on getting a specifically made costume consider looking into a quality commissioner but be aware that your going to end up paying at least double what it will cost for something like a Halloween costume or buying pieces yourself. Your paying for time, quality, materials, and skill when commissioning someone.

My suggestion is that you look into finding individual pieces at the department stores around you before going to commission something simple.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Like others have said, a lot of her outfits consist of normal clothing pieces that can be bought pretty much anywhere. I'm cosplaying her 2013 reboot outfit, and the only things I need to actually have made are props. The tank tops, cargo pants, boots, bandages, hair extensions/wig if you need them, etc., I've found at both retail and thrift stores, eBay, places like that. If you want to do her iconic turquoise tank top + shorts + boots + socks + props, it should be really easy to pull together.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
moonfall

Lara Croft is easy to cosplay, although if you want the most accurate look possible, you may have to make some pieces yourself. How do you not look like you threw together a cosplay from stuff in your closet when the character wears normal clothes? I'm also thinking of doing the new version, since I'm a bit too self-conscious to be wearing short shorts and stuffing my bra. Because the lighting in the game is so dark, I'm having trouble figuring out what shade of blue/turquoise Lara's new tank top is. I believe she's actually wearing two shirts - a blue one over a white one.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
moonfall

I've figured out more or less what kind of shirts I need for the 2013 Lara Croft outfit, but I'm having a terrible time figuring out what her necklace looks like. The character models in the game extras don't let you zoom in quite close enough. From what I've been able to tell, it's red braided leather with some sort of jade pendant, but I can't figure out what the design carved into it is supposed to be.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Ok, I now plan to cosplay the new Lara Croft so I'm bumping this thread since it's not that old.

I'm going to share this site as it has pretty much everything one needs to know about making any Lara Croft cosplay.

The problem I'm having is finding a wig as it seems most Lara cosplayers are using their real hair and I have no plans of becoming a brunette.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote