Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

2013 Anime North Photoshoot List

CURRENT LIST IS HERE

MAP IS HERE

Rules/Steps for registering a photoshoot

1. All the times are going to be set on the hour, just like last year. This makes it easier to organize everything into 1 hour chunks. So if your photoshoot begins at 4pm, you have that space for the full hour.

2. Make a thread for your cosplay photoshoot on the teahouse forums. With all pertinent information inside (day/time/photo ideas). If you are only planning on doing one day then you could have “Saturday Your Photoshoot 2013” in the title.

3. All photoshoot requests will be done via email.
a. Whomever is running the photoshoot will send an email to
anphotoshoots at gmail.com containing the following information:

i. Title of photoshoot in the subject line of the e-mail (and day if it is only occurring on one day)
ii. Desired location and time/day, and preferably a backup time or location in case the first choice is taken. The pre-determined locations can be found on the map here (link). There will also be an indoor location (ITCC 1). Terms like “Grassy area in front of the TCC” will not suffice as it is ambiguous. DT1 is the Patio in front of the DT (with all the trees). It takes 7 minutes from the front of the TCC to get to DT3. DT 2 is right next to the main table area in the Double Tree.
iii. A link to your thread on the Anime North Teahouse of the Maple Moon forum.
iv. Your first and last name and that of anyone else helping on your photoshoot. If certain people are helping on certain days, identify that too. Example: Carly Smith (Friday), Bob Dole (Friday and Saturday) (see FAQ #2 & #5).

4. The only events sanctioned for the list are actual cosplay photoshoot events. This does not include any meetups or other events. Anyone attempting to bypass this rule will be banned.

5. Once the list is finalized the locations cannot be moved. This means if you are booked at TCC 1, you will have to host your photoshoot at TCC 1. Anyone attempting to bypass this rule will be banned.

6. Deadline for entries is April 19th!

7. Once you have confirmation on your photoshoot register it at anpanels.com! Without doing this step your photoshoot will not be included in the pocket handbook and thus you will lose your spot! - FAQ 5

Also if you have twitter (especially on your phone), you can always add in Mecha_Momiji as I will have her firing off photoshoot updates and times/locations during Anime North.

N.B. Each anime/game etc. will be able to have one photoshoot per day (So if you see that Homestuck already has a photoshoot on Saturday there will not be another given out, however there could be a timeslot for Friday or Sunday).

Benefits for running a photoshoot
Running a photoshoot gets you the same credit as running one panel. If you do a combination of panels and photoshoots and manage to do 5 events you will get a refund on your membership. See FAQ #3 and FAQ #5

Anime North Reddit Community

Last edited by DireKitty : 05-20-2013 at 05:59 PM.
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

FAQ
1. Q: I’m running more than one photoshoot, can I just send one email?
A: No, everything is organized in my Gmail folder by each photoshoot so for every photoshoot you host you will have to send another email.
2. Q. How many people should be running the photoshoot with me?
A. This depends on the size of the photoshoot. If it’s a small/medium shoot (<50 cosplayers) than one person may suffice to run it. If there are more than 60 cosplayers expected then 2 would be more appropriate. If there is closer to 100 expected than 3 people should help organize and run it. Of course there is flexibility here, and if you are unsure of attendance you can ask me as I have all the numbers from the previous years photoshoots.

3. Q. Do I have to get my badge with all the other attendees if I am organizing a photoshoot?
A. No! Anyone organizing a photoshoot will be picking up their badges where those who get a panel check in. (York Room of the Double Tree) You will also get a sheet with all of your panels and photoshoots on it. A volunteer or staff will be moving around throughout the day to all of the photoshoot locations to sign off sheets for people.

4. What about a space for vehicles?
A. A space in the parking lot is being worked on. By the end of March I should have details. It won’t likely be booked space, but it will be there for those who have bikes/roller blades etc. and want to do a photoshoot with some people.

5. How will I arrange to get credit for my photoshoot?
A. Once organizers get a confirmation email from me saying their photoshoot has been booked they can input their photoshoot into the anpanels.com website under photoshoot section. (Example: Friday Final Fantasy Photoshoot) Everyone else who is helping out with each photoshoot will sign up for the same photoshoot. I will then cross reference the information on my side and set all the times you have given me in the emails into the database. Image on how to do it here <-- everyone hosting the shoot does this

6. Q. Will you be releasing my real name? (Thanks for the question musicalcats)
A. Nope! That's just for use so when you come and nab your badge at the York room we can find all the bits and pieces.

About the indoor location
It's at the front of the TCC, where they renno'd....

Unless there's sudden interest for it, i'll have it as an open area for people to get pictures taken. I'll try and get a water table in there as well, and some chairs, and maybe a riser.

Last edited by DireKitty : 03-25-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Oh this IS new!

I'll get you the info for us random-ers gamers as soon as I can.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain

Last edited by SuperBee : 02-28-2013 at 09:52 AM.
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
Nefer
Silver fox

Oh, neat! Thanks for the info, I'll go make a thread in the official AN forum then right away ...and send you all the info you need as well ^^ (IE and coscom hated eachother yesterday night, so I was afraid I had miss something...). Oh, and the FF photoshoots has 3 people each day, hope it's ok, it's easier that way, one to handle 'the crowd', and two for shooting, pose ideas, placing people correctly for the shoots, etc. ...and I'll probably run after FF cosplayers to tell them where the shoot is once at the con lol.

Edit: And apparently my teahouse account doesn't exists anymore...what the freak? *headdesk*

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)

Last edited by Nefer : 02-28-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
Oh, neat! Thanks for the info, I'll go make a thread in the official AN forum then right away ...and send you all the info you need as well ^^ (IE and coscom hated eachother yesterday night, so I was afraid I had miss something...). Oh, and the FF photoshoots has 3 people each day, hope it's ok, it's easier that way, one to handle 'the crowd', and two for shooting, pose ideas, placing people correctly for the shoots, etc. ...and I'll probably run after FF cosplayers to tell them where the shoot is once at the con lol.

Edit: And apparently my teahouse account doesn't exists anymore...what the freak? *headdesk*

Yeah 3 is okay, perfect even as FF broke the 100 barrier last year

Also - teahouse forums are new now, so that is why your account does not exist... was never on those forums to begin with.

and.....new forums means I had mod status there and can pin stuff and edit posts and whatnot so things are cleaner.

Last edited by DireKitty : 02-28-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

E-mailing you now! Also, should this thread have a sticky? I think it would be very handy.

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

I've got one person besides myself and my boyfriend interested in a Disney photoshoot can I still make one? Will people come if they see it in the pamphlet?

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitsa View Post
E-mailing you now! Also, should this thread have a sticky? I think it would be very handy.
It would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kat22 View Post
I've got one person besides myself and my boyfriend interested in a Disney photoshoot can I still make one? Will people come if they see it in the pamphlet?
Yes! The #'s are for organizers as we realize big shoots can need a lot of people running it (and we want people to feel encouraged to ask others to pitch in, and hey, you get panel credit for it)

There are 25k showing up to AN and many of them cosplay! Tons of people never come here so they learn about the shoots from the pamphlet. Hetalia, MLP, Homestuck and One Piece are great examples of this as they draw in massive crowds but their threads are filled with only the few, the dedicated, the proud.

So even if no one here is interested, there is sure to be other disney people at the con.

Unread 02-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
AJ the Collector
Collector

I'm helping with the running of SuperBee's shoot--this means I can apply for the special membership, right?
FrostCon 2015

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak {99%} for Murder Mysterystuck {default}, FC15 {humanized} and AN15 {default}
Totakeke {90%} for AN15 and CB15
L {75%} for AN15
The Signless {50%} for FX15
Sable Able {50%} for DTAC15

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ the Collector View Post
I'm helping with the running of SuperBee's shoot--this means I can apply for the special membership, right?
Indeed. You will be signing up on anpanels.com with the same info SuperBee uses (I'm pretty sure i can fix screw ups though).

Then you'll get your badge in the York Room (seems to always be there) with all the panelists.

Unread 02-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
AJ the Collector
Collector

I assume I can pick it up on Thursday like the normal badges, right? I pre-ordered and planned to pick mine up Thursday.
FrostCon 2015

Equius Zahhak {99%} for Murder Mysterystuck {default}, FC15 {humanized} and AN15 {default}
L {75%} for AN15

Unread 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #12
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ the Collector View Post
I assume I can pick it up on Thursday like the normal badges, right? I pre-ordered and planned to pick mine up Thursday.
Yeah they have that room running Thursday as well.

Unread 02-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #13
AJ the Collector
Collector

Awesome, thanks. :3
FrostCon 2015

L {75%} for AN15

Unread 02-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Indeed. You will be signing up on anpanels.com with the same info SuperBee uses (I'm pretty sure i can fix screw ups though).

Then you'll get your badge in the York Room (seems to always be there) with all the panelists.
I'll make sure that they are all the same info

Two questions:
1: do I need to fill out a separate form for my assistance in the FF shoot?
2: can I fill one out for my brother and myself in one?

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #15
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
I'll make sure that they are all the same info

Two questions:
1: do I need to fill out a separate form for my assistance in the FF shoot?
2: can I fill one out for my brother and myself in one?
Yes, you need to sign up for the FF shoot just like how Nefer has it set up.

Not totally sure what you mean for #2.... if you mean you will make his account and sign him up you can do that. Everyone has to go through on their own as anyone signing up will have their own sheet to sign off for photoshoot credits and their own badge. So every time you sign up for a shoot that is it's own entry.

Sorry if that isn't clear (very bad cold and my wisdom tooth cracked.... i'm in rough shape!)