Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #241
Captain Jack
CosBlade Founder

Kwonkicker, HUNK's outfit in ORC is a new take on his design. It's similar to his RE4/Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles look, but with a slightly more modern twist. He's now up to four different in-game costumes:
1. Classic (RE2)
2. Classic w/ more details (RE Outbreak)
3. RE4/Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles (I call this one "Mercenary" since it debuted in Mercenaries mode)
4. ORC

Official Rum Party Website:
http://www.piraterumparty.com
Captain Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #242
W4RH0US3

Hey check out what I have i am making Hunk's mask
W4RH0US3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #243
NakedGiob

Hi guys, I'm new here. I saw the post here and I thought you may be my Holy Graal of salvation
I have a few questions:
1)Where can I buy red window film and what's the best way to attach them to the lenses?
2)I saw gas mask come in different sizes (1,2,3,...). How can I understand which size I can buy?
Sorry if I repeated a question you already answered, but I'm not good with english
NakedGiob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #244
DarkSavage101

Hey guys, I'm new as well.
NakedGiob, there should be a size conversion chart that you can use, my mask is a size 1 and it fits perfectly. I'm also curious on how to color the lenses; I sent an email to Avon asking about outserts, I have an FM12 mask; so I'm waiting on their reply. Concerning Hunk's rig from Operation Raccoon City (the style that I'm going to use) it almost at first looked like he had a pack radio until I saw that he just tapped his radio in place, something my old army sergeant would have beaten me for. My g/f was a marine (yes, yes; grunt and a marine; joking to ensue...) and we both looked at his rig and it looks almost like a camelback carrier. At least one of the bigger ones, and Captain Jack, your bizzarro pouch looks like one of the newer shotgun shell pouches made by molle; but my thinking is that's too weird to put it on your back, so it could be a tear-away medical pouch, also done by Molle.

Just my thoughts, I'll start trying to post some pics as I get my cosplay put together, we've got a comicplaooza here in May.
DarkSavage101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #245
W4RH0US3

You can use red window film
Unread 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #246
DarkSavage101

Would I put the film on the outside of the lens or on the inside? I've never done something like this before so pardon me being a bit of a noob. The lenses have a bit of a rise near the center of the mask, I'll have to fiddle with it, thanks W4RH0US3!
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #247
W4RH0US3

Oh hey sorry lately I don't go on here that often but put the film on the outside
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #248
NakedGiob

Thank you
I managed to find an S10 gas mask with red lenses on ebay, so I'm ok with that. Sadly, due to the lack of money I'll have to do lots of compromises, like using an MP5 instead of a tmp (something CptJack would kill me for), but I think I may do something acceptable. Anyways, I'm doing the ORC cosplay, so isn't the PASGT more appropriate than a MICH (http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/...lla-hunk.jpg)?
Unread 03-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #249
DarkSavage101

That's what I'm basing mine on, I'll be using an MP5 as well; I'm trying to find all the molle gear that appears on his vest

Quote:
Concerning Hunk's rig from Operation Raccoon City (the style that I'm going to use) it almost at first looked like he had a pack radio until I saw that he just tapped his radio in place, something my old army sergeant would have beaten me for. My g/f was a marine (yes, yes; grunt and a marine; joking to ensue...) and we both looked at his rig and it looks almost like a camelback carrier. At least one of the bigger ones, and Captain Jack, your bizzarro pouch looks like one of the newer shotgun shell pouches made by molle; but my thinking is that's too weird to put it on your back, so it could be a tear-away medical pouch, also done by Molle.
I've been looking around online and finding different pouches; one site I use is Rap4, it's a paintball equipment site, but it has decently priced pouches. Redwolf Airsoft is another good one that Captain Jack suggested, and believe it or not, Amazon has some equipment that's easy on the budget.
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #250
USS GCBlazer
Umbrella Agent: GCB-5349

I'm a noob too, but I've been stocking up on my HUNK cosplay since Nov '12. I just need the triple mp5 mag pouches, the utility belt pouches, and his Hatch Operator gloves.

My model has been a mix of Mercenaries/ORC/Custom HUNK, which includes (hopefully) the Hidden blade from Mercenaries and (now) Raid Mode in RE: Revelations. I tried to do the ORC but his back and his vest is quite complicated from his past costume.
USS GCBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #251
USS GCBlazer
Umbrella Agent: GCB-5349

I have a couple of questions: I got a double-weave balaclava. Maybe I should've gotten something a lot thinner to fit the helmet, because it wasn't fitting. What are your comments on this? Should I get a bigger helmet or get a thinner balaclava?

Lastly, in ORC, in the opening scene, when he meets with Delta squad, he took down those two guards/UCBS guys. Where did he put his knife and what is the closest model to that knife?
USS GCBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #252
DarkSavage101

GCBlazer: I'm getting my mp5 pouches from Rap4, they've got a bunch of different pouches, Redwolf airsoft is another good one recommended by Captain Jack. I would go get a thinner balaclava, I've got one of underarmor's ones and it's thin enough that I don't mind wearing it all the time. I hadn't paid too much attention to his knife but I think he's got a sheath somewhere on his belt; I honestly didn't think the cons would let us carry knives into them.
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #253
NakedGiob

After some research, I think I found what I need. Take a look:
-Chest Rig: http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...ucts_id=35997; it is quite similar and really cheap, so it was a natural choice for me.
-Pouches: http://www.airsoftstation.com/condor...ch--black.html
-Back: You can try this hydratation pack http://www.airsoftstation.com/condor...le--black.html
Sorry if it wasn't a good list, but that's it's the best compromise between look, quality and price I could find for me (based on my actual monetary status)
And I think you should look for a thinner balaclava, GCB. Helmets tend to cost more.
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #254
Night Wolf

Hey all, I'm new to this forum. I have been working on my version of HUNK for a while. Its been a slow conversion from my SG-1 gear to HUNK. I've been using temporary items until I get better ones. I've been reading things here and there on this forum and it has been very helpful. I bought my S10 and have been having difficulties with the lenses. I know very little about tinting. Is there a good brand for tint? Do I need a layer underneath that is the Red?
Night Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #255
W4RH0US3

No you do not need to tint the back