Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #361
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

The newest book in James Patterson's Witch and Wizard series comes out today. I really need to get some new pictures as Pearce in celebration, seeing as I've managed to convince myself he will be found alive in this new book.

I knew that beautiful, sadistic bastard wouldn't die on me. I'm having a Pearce photoshoot very soon *hoping it'll snow soon. I'd love some Pearce pictures in the snow*
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 02-07-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #362
xxfourthelement

I'd love to do some Tamora Pierce characters - it would be awesome to do Alanna of Trebond from the Song of the Lioness quartet. It would be awesome to do the costume from the US 2010 cover of LIONESS RAMPANT - it's very simple, gold chainmail over gray leggings and plain boots. Plus, she's short, so I wouldn't be too off - except that she has red hair and purple eyes...

It would also be fun to cosplay June from LEGEND and PRODIGY by Marie Lu. She's so cool. At the same time, her outfits aren't really described that well... It might be difficult, since the only thing that's easy to figure out is that she has long black hair in a ponytail.
Shana - School Uniform (Anime/Manga)
The Girl (Original Design)
xxfourthelement is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #363
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

I've been toying with the idea of doing a fem version of the Cheshire Cat from Lost In A Good Book by Jasper Fforde. My main reason is pretty much because I want to do a photoshoot in a library...
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #364
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalbakaness View Post
I've been toying with the idea of doing a fem version of the Cheshire Cat from Lost In A Good Book by Jasper Fforde. My main reason is pretty much because I want to do a photoshoot in a library...
I like that series, but I think I prefer the Jack Spratt series.
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #365
MutantCanuck

I recently cosplayed short-haired Tris Prior from the Divergent series.
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #366
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
I like that series, but I think I prefer the Jack Spratt series.
My friend lent me some of the Thursday Next books. Haven't read Jack Spratt; will have to check it out.
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #367
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalbakaness View Post
My friend lent me some of the Thursday Next books. Haven't read Jack Spratt; will have to check it out.
Nursery rhymes, Greek Gods, aliens, and pokes at Monty Python and the mystery genre. You can read it several times and always find something new.
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #368
naomi_censored
Jewish fiction-freak

I know this thread was started forever ago, but I just noticed that someone wanted to cosplay as Suzy Turquoise Blue from Keys to the Kingdom, and that made me extremely happy.
I hope there are pictures somewhere. T_T

I'm also a singer/musician. Check out my music here: www.youtube.com/naomiCENSOREDv2

Future cosplay wishlist:
~G-Dragon (2011 Big Show)
~Yomako Sensei (Yoko's teacher outfit- Gurren Lagann)
~Clawdeen Wolf (Monster High)
~Nana Komatsu (NANA)
~Sansa Stark (Game of Thrones)
~Jubee (Sunny Hill, The Grasshopper Song)
naomi_censored is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #369
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
Nursery rhymes, Greek Gods, aliens, and pokes at Monty Python and the mystery genre. You can read it several times and always find something new.
Wow, how can you go wrong with so many awesome things? XD
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #370
Identity-Crisis

I've thought about cosplaying from David Edding's The Belgariad, but I'm torn between wanting to make it and wanting to be recognized.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #371
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity-Crisis View Post
I've thought about cosplaying from David Edding's The Belgariad, but I'm torn between wanting to make it and wanting to be recognized.
That is the one problem I've found with cosplaying from books. But, as long as there is one fan there, they'll know who you are. I'd say go for it and chances are there's at least one fan whose day you'll make.

I am so excited! I'm just waiting for the canvas to arrive and then I can start on Harry's Inverness coat.
...I am so giving Jim grief over waiting 14 books to tell us that important piece of information!

Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #372
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity-Crisis View Post
If you love mother character, or like the idea of what you want the costume to look like - go for it. That is where I am with my Mab costume... She's a major minor character, but not one people are likely to know. But I've fallen in love with my designs for it, and after the most recent book, I really enjoy her as a character with some added depth. So I'm gonna go for it.

<begin Dresden Files chattering and such>
My husband's Dresden costume is almost entirely assembled, since a lot of it was store bought. I'll have to convince him to let me start testing out makeup so I can give him that appropriate level of scruffy, tired, grumpy wizard. I really want to make it look good, even though it is mostly off the shelf - I want to get photos at Dragon*Con at the Aquarium... Since it is sort of fitting.

(Also, I think the previous coat was a duster - probably the same model you see most Dresdens wearing, however, the most recently gifted on is an Inverness coat, different from the previous version. I think it's a costume change, not a clarification, necessarily.)

And I still want to know what the Warden cloaks are in Cannon. Jim Butcher has one made of gray polar fleece... But it is /really/ hard to picture Morgan or any other Warden looking intimidating and powerful in a magic Snuggie...
</end fangirling>

1950s Celestia (MLP:FiM), Undead Death Knight Starter Gear (WoW),
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asgard), 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #373
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
If you love mother character, or like the idea of what you want the costume to look like - go for it. That is where I am with my Mab costume... She's a major minor character, but not one people are likely to know. But I've fallen in love with my designs for it, and after the most recent book, I really enjoy her as a character with some added depth. So I'm gonna go for it.

<begin Dresden Files chattering and such>
My husband's Dresden costume is almost entirely assembled, since a lot of it was store bought. I'll have to convince him to let me start testing out makeup so I can give him that appropriate level of scruffy, tired, grumpy wizard. I really want to make it look good, even though it is mostly off the shelf - I want to get photos at Dragon*Con at the Aquarium... Since it is sort of fitting.

(Also, I think the previous coat was a duster - probably the same model you see most Dresdens wearing, however, the most recently gifted on is an Inverness coat, different from the previous version. I think it's a costume change, not a clarification, necessarily.)

And I still want to know what the Warden cloaks are in Cannon. Jim Butcher has one made of gray polar fleece... But it is /really/ hard to picture Morgan or any other Warden looking intimidating and powerful in a magic Snuggie...
</end fangirling>
I am totally with you. I eventually want a leather coat and would love to make a cloak to go with it. I think it's mentioned in one book that it's wool, but that doesn't narrow it down a lot. But it's definitely better than polar fleece. What was Jim thinking?

Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #374
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Just bought 2 lbs of feathers for my Katniss Everdeen Mockingjay dress! So excited!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #375
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
I am totally with you. I eventually want a leather coat and would love to make a cloak to go with it. I think it's mentioned in one book that it's wool, but that doesn't narrow it down a lot. But it's definitely better than polar fleece. What was Jim thinking?
A friend/fan made it for him.

I'm probably going to buy one from the local Ren Fest - dark and mid gray Melton wool. It'll double as my winter coat (I actually have two heavy wool cloaks, but one makes me look like winter Fae, and the other makes me look like death), which may be amusing, because my husband uses his duster as his winter coat right now. And has the matching hat. Although he is likely not wearing the hat for D*Con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Just bought 2 lbs of feathers for my Katniss Everdeen Mockingjay dress! So excited!
I saw your design for that. It looks spectacular - I can't wait to see the finished piece.

1950s Celestia (MLP:FiM), Undead Death Knight Starter Gear (WoW),
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asgard), 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote