Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > Commissions Wanted

Unread 03-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #16
xJimble

I'm going to post this since I will admit that I DID NOT appreciate being slammed or chewed out. I will write that, I do realize how much fabric is and realize it is NOT cheap at all. I am sorry if I offended everyone but I am going to admit that I put 70 dollars as a reasonable price since I am on a budget due to paying my half of a hotel fee, and ticket for the convention. Some people are willing to pay 200 dollars for a well done Cosplay but I'm not made of money, you know. I will admit that my approach on my bold letters was rather rude but I did not want to pay someone than them taking off with the money, never to be heard from again. I had originally came on here in hope of some assistance (which I got and I thank very much due to my rude approach earlier), not assistance to be slammed for my offering and deadline.
Thank you for reading, just was rather ridiculous that this happened, like what I usually say if you don't have nothing nice to say, zip it.

I will thank the people who understood where I was coming from instead of taking the rude approach, you get a heart today.

Unread 03-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #17
xJimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinCoimas View Post
Also, acting like we're all out to get you and caps lock'ing is not very good if you want anyone to help you out. Obviously no one is looking to be scammed. That said, try shopping for decent fabric before you act like that dirt amount is going to cover materials, labor, skill and time. There are plenty of people who are more than willing to at least pretend to be respectful that we want to work for. I'm so sick of the rude people who talk down to commissioners like we're slaves to be commanded. You can't expect anyone to want to make anything for you if you have no appreciation for the craft or the time put into it. You want a cheap cosplay? Go to eBay and get the cheaply made, non-custom work. We won't miss you.
^Didn't need your rather rude comment. I was not talking down to the commissioners, nor anything as that aspect. If you want to be rude, go somewhere else where it is needed. Not here, I was pointing out the fact that I did not want someone scamming me out of my money. I have had it done to myself several times. Also I might add I DO have respect for this craft since I have been Cosplaying for a while and with that being said. I do not want a cheaply made Cosplay. What I was offering was a rather good price for someone who is on a budget. Someone who is NOT made out of money. :\
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #18
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJimble View Post
^Didn't need your rather rude comment. I was not talking down to the commissioners, nor anything as that aspect. If you want to be rude, go somewhere else where it is needed. Not here, I was pointing out the fact that I did not want someone scamming me out of my money. I have had it done to myself several times. Also I might add I DO have respect for this craft since I have been Cosplaying for a while and with that being said. I do not want a cheaply made Cosplay. What I was offering was a rather good price for someone who is on a budget. Someone who is NOT made out of money. :\
The thing is that most commissioners disagreed that it wasn't a reasonable price for the budget. Though, no one really took the time to explain or break down the material costs to make it more understandable - which I tried to do but I do apologize if I sounded mean too as that wasn't my intent. Just keep in mind that the average price of fabric is $10 and then there's costs for thread, buttons and other things as well and that not everyone requires the same amount of fabric for a costume due to body size - some require less and some require more.

It would've also really prevented some of fire from growing had you stated you only needed the top in the first place (you didn't specify what you needed). We all were under the assumption that you needed the entire school uniform in which case your budget was not a reasonable price. Though a thorough breakdown of costs would be a good thing to do before a price is actually agreed upon as we need to calculate time, labor and shipping as well. ^^;

Please make sure to be a bit more specific next time ^o^ and some basic measurements even if it's your shirt and pant size would give us an idea of how much material is needed.

Good luck!