Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 03-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Wax for facial hair or other better alternative?

I have been trying to think of a way to really... well, since I can't kill my facial hair without spending 7000 or dollars, since I hate it anyways.... remove my facial hair for a good period of time, what would you folks recommend I do? My hair is dark, but when it grows out, kinda goes reddish.

I was looking into waxing strips like these:

http://www.amazon.com/GiGi-620-GIGI-...ial+wax+strips

http://www.amazon.com/Bliss-Poetic-W...ial+wax+strips

And such, and I figured I would ask here.

Shaving just makes the hairs darker, so I want to remove them, even if temporary.

I already epilate my whole body, and am still feeling pain with it, but not so much. My epilator can't be used on the face obviously, so I think I need to wax.

I am allergic to Veet (No idea what is in it, but similar happened to me when I was a child and I had this looney tunes bubble bath or soap)

I have one of those coil threading things by bellabe, but God, I can't take that for that many hairs. I can do it like up my cheek and such, but the mustache area is just brutal.

Wax is the last option I haven't tried I think. Does anyone have any experience with anything I haven't that has worked well for them?.... Mainly men, since men have tougher and more facial hair than women. If you wax, what kind of waxx would you recommend, before I go gung-ho on something. Thanks!

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
ImNewHere
The new guy.

To tell the truth you should be able to get laser for around 800-1,000 for a set of treatments to get rid of it, typically 8-10 total. Check independent laser places, not American Laser because they are hella expensive. Also check groupon.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

I've been also looking for a way to do this..I asked a while back on good face hair removal for at least con-time. They said to just wax..But idk about that the only other thing I heard was to shave as close as you can and use makeup..

The lazer stuff is the very best way to do that, but it's too costly for me. Idk if it's too costly for you, but yea..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
ImNewHere
The new guy.

I know someone who waxes their face. They let out a blood curdling yell when they pull it off. They use the real wax for it that has to be melted. I would not recommend that. If you get a tax refund get laser, then find an electro place to clean up any light hairs.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
JasonTerror

WElp not getting a tax refund so that won't work. And yea I heard that about wax..I read somewhere about a suger bassed waxing (it's not wax though it's made of household items) and that it doesn't hurt as bad..But I wasn't sure about it..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I always heard it was a lot more than that for laser. I know Electro.... someone told me they were looking at about 7 grand.... not sure if that was the body or face or whatever, but they are over 100 visits there. I haven't talked to anyone who has done laser yet. Maybe I should look into it or something. :/

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

So I looked up this groupon site, and found this close to me:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/essenti..._4E0HZTeR2vb3k

Now, I don't use groupon..... I have only ever heard of it, so I don't understand it completely here. This deal.... does it mean that I can get 6 treatments all for 149 total, or 149 each?....

Thing that sucks is, it doesn't seem to let me do the whole face. Upper lip, neck, nape of neck, and everything is all separate, so I think this is out of my reach. :/ Still going to be a good few grand if I only get to remove maybe the mustache and still need the rest done. >_<

Edit: I found this one kind of close too:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/massage...-ce-i9jvFGgnHb

This one offers full face as medium.... 6 treatments. Would that be enough treatments? I seriously have no idea how many treatments this kind of thing would take. Really totally clueless.

Last edited by Larcenciel : 03-02-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Akune-chan

I shall never understand why waxing always gets such a bad rap.
Sure the first time hurts like a bitch but afterwards, the hairs grow softer (if that makes any sense) and it gets easier to wax. Also, less hair grows over time.

I have been waxing for years now and hell, the results are worth it.
At most I'll wax probably once every three months. Facial wise its once every two weeks.
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

See, I don't really care much about the pain, that's why I would be okay with waxing if I knew a good enough product for male facial hair and such. If I can deal with an epilator, I can probably get used to waxing my face. Just the bellabe thing is too slow for as much hair that grows on my face.

I DO believe that it would have great results, which is why I wanted to look into wax or something decent. I can't epilate my face, but my body has shown less growth of bodyhair with epilation, so I am happy about it, but obviously, the face is far bigger of a problem. ):

Unread 03-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
JasonTerror

Question....
Ok so I was always told (not only by just people, but health teachers and such) that when you shave, the hair will always grow back thicker and faster..And Akune, you said when waxing that it grown SOFTER. but not really at what thickness or speed rate..Does it still come in thicker and faster like shaving? or does it come in thinner and slower that way?
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
Unread 03-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #11
ImNewHere
The new guy.

Yes, that is 149 for all 6 treatments, not 149 each. It stings alot, but only for a second, and within a few hours it is all fine. That's actually a great deal on it. Space your treatments about 4-6 weeks apart and that will take care of most of it, though you might hit it up again for another 6 to get all of the rest. Leave 2-3 month between the sets of 6.

Unread 03-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

It's actually:

$299 for six treatments for a medium area (up to a $1,750 value)

And the face is the medium area. Do you think 6 treatments on average tends to be enough?.... I know 300 is still a pretty good deal for the whole face, so yeah. I really don't know. Laser I hear isn't permanent either though, and can be dangerous. :/

Edit: Bleh, just as I figured. Neck isn't included.

Unread 03-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #13
Identity-Crisis

For waxing are you looking to do it yourself or would you be having someone else do it?
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Self. I'd rather not inconvenience anyone else if I can avoid it.

Unread 03-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

personally i wouldnt do self home waxing, and a lot of waxing products that you would get at the store cant be used on ur face.... id just go to a salon to get it done. it hurts at first but its not that bad.... plus there are a ton of male salons now that specialize in beard waxing. (but im in la so it could just be here......, hipster capital of the world)
Fem!Austrian War Succesion France (Hetalia/Nyotalia)- 10% done
Fem!Izaya (Drrr!)- 90% done
Magent!Teto (Vocaloid)- 95% done
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote