Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Ashton_Anchors
Queen of the abyss

Help finding a wig

Hi,
I am having a hard time finding the perfect wig for my Neinheart (from MapleStory) cosplay. I've found some that MAY work, but I'm not completely sure they'd work. Some don't look long enough, and some would require me to cut bangs, which I don't actually know how to do.
Here are some reference pictures:
From the game:
http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/i..._Neinheart.png
Official artwork:
http://img3.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/sp...923_full.jp g
http://askneinheart.tumblr.com/image/31041910956
(he's the second character on the left)

I was thinking that either http://arda-wigs.com/collections/lig...products/eowyn
or either of Cosplay.com's Ivy wigs
http://shop.cosplay.com/ivy.html (I'm not too sure which length to get), may work, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if Eowyn is long enough, or how well Ivy would work (the bangs are way long on Ivy). Do any of you think either of these would work? Or can you suggest another wig for me to buy (no Ebay, please. I have a large head--24 inches--so Ebay wigs won't fit)?.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Unread 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

if u have a large head u will want to go w arda. however since this wig is w a low ponytail you are going to want to start of w a ponytail wig, otherwise the fit will b off. look at the jeanie.
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I have to agree even though it a low ponytail you probably same yourself a headach but getting a wig designed to be pulled up.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=185958

But you can use a Eowyn in Light Grey (107) and one pack of wefts to creat the upped up hairline at the bottom.
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/lig...cts/short-weft

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1856066/

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
Ashton_Anchors
Queen of the abyss

Thank you both very much!
I'm really leaning toward the Jeannie wig right now--it even has the long hair on the side! And if it's too short, I can always buy wefts, sew them onto wig clips, and clip them on. I'm not sure if it'll work for this wig, but from what I saw in the tutorial, it seems like it would. However, I'm still a bit hesitant to just buy it right now without knowing some things, though. Do either of you know if I can remove the up ponytail? And the wig's description says it comes with another ponytail (if I'm reading it right). Could I just clip it on the bottom and cover it? or should I still stub the bottom of the wig, and add a weft?
And with my head size (I didn't measure it properly, but around the top of my head was 24 inches), would it fit? The description only says if it's OVER that size I would need to conceal it, but says nothing about at that size.
Any answers would definitely be appreciated.
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #5
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

1)you can loosen the ponytail, tho id prob still stub
and itll fit.
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I've used the Chibi and Leia wigs but both i had to alter the hair line to make them fit me properly with my 23.75" hairline.

You will have to do this too as the hairline is stitched in a straight line preventing expanding the wig.

The wig netting however are plenty big to fit the 25" head size range.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
Ashton_Anchors
Queen of the abyss

Thanks, everyone.
I have another question, though--If I decide to go with the Jeannie wig, how would I alter the hair line? Is it something simple to do? I had no idea that it could even be done, so it's entirely new to me. (I may have to do that on some of my older wigs XD. I have some older ones that I bought before Arda wigs became available, so they don't fit like I'd like them to)

Thanks again in advance. . I'm REALLY grateful for all the help.
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Yes their is only 3 rows of wefts along the hair line that hold the shape of it ridged in the inside of the wig.

All you need to do it cut those weft and not the netting every 1" or so and the cap will expand. You just need to sew in new wefts in those gaps and then pull the wig up again.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
Ashton_Anchors
Queen of the abyss

Thank you very much .
Unfortunately, it looks like Jeannie is out of stock in that color now(pay day took WAY too long D, and I don't have time to wait for it to restock, so I'll have to get Eowyn after all. .
So, before I just order it, will Eowyn fit without any alteration? And would there be anything else I'd have to do aside from stub it?