Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Fire Emblem

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 120 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #3871
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

thanks

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #3872
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

I'm planning on starting it next weekend. I'll post a pic of it as soon as I'm done.
Unread 03-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #3873
laoni

Hey guys! For Awakening cosplays, I might have something that can help. Over in Japan, they released a big concept art + support conversation book called Knights of Iris. Some of art made it in the Gamestop art book, but a lot didn't

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/us...yramp/library/

I've scanned up all of the character, unit, weapon, and location concept art (Except for the few pages that had already been scanned by other people/were released as promotional images)

Of specific interest to a few of you,

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...ps44af10eb.jpg
^Lucina, also shows how her hair works (It's cut into two layers, Marth layer on top, long on the bottom, when she's got the mask on, she tucks the long part into the back of her collar/coat)

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...pse059d25b.jpg
^Sumia (And sort of by extension, Cordelia, as other than their armour detailing + dress colouring, it's the same outfit)

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...psfe6a95db.jpg
^The Avatar, in both male and female variations, in their Tactician outfit

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...psf65aa380.jpg
^Chrom

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4117699f.jpg
^Chrom in his Great Lord getup, and Avatar in their Grandmaster getup, again, with both genders
laoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #3874
ssoldiersaturn
Princess of Saturn

Thank you very much laoni!! Those will be very helpful indeed!!
ssoldiersaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #3875
moonfall

I'm trying to decide whether to do Lucina or make another attempt at Soren. I really want to do Lucina, but it might be a bit ambitious at my current level. Female tactician might be fun, too, but I'm not sure if anyone would recognize it since the avatar doesn't have a set appearance.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #3876
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

laoni thanks very much for the pictures
i'm in the process of trying to make some patterns for the clothing that sumia wears. every time i think i have it... i find something else that needs to be changed >< i don't have a lot of experience in this area. i *think* i have the skirt part figured out (yay!) and i like what i have for the front of her top, but for some reason i can't wrap my head around putting the back on it! lol i know it's something obvious... i guess one of the biggest problems is i'm not sure how high up on her back it goes. i'm gonna try to just step away from it and look at it again tomorrow. i can do this!!

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%

Last edited by Syrinx : 03-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Unread 03-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #3877
laoni

No problem!

Sumia backwise, I'd say it's much like a regular tank top sort of thing. It's not a shot of her back, but, it's a shot of what her dress looks like without the armour (And what her 'socks' look like without her boots, she's kinda in a state of undress XD Or, dress, I suppose, as she's actually dressing XD It's also a good shot of her torso armour)

http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/i.../Sumia_liz.jpg

Oh, and I forgot, another one that would interest people here

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2278aea4.jpg

Lissa's concept art, with full shots of front + back

(Also, the images are much bigger than my photobucket makes them appear. If you want it bigger, download the image, it'll be much much bigger!, for comparison, check the Sumia page on my photobucket, and compare it to the slightly cropped version I uploaded to the Fire Emblem Wikia: images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/4/41/SmiaSketch.jpg)

Oh yeah, and if a character is holding a weapon in their art, it's often a real weapon in the game

Chrom/Masked Marth - Falchion
Lissa - Mend
Sully - Miniature Lance
Virion - Silver Bow
Vaike - Tomahawk
Miriel - Fire
Sumia - Luna (Lance)
Kellam - Steel Lance
Donnel - Iron Lance
Ricken - Elwind
Gaius - Steel Sword
Cordelia - Brave Lance
Anna - Steel Sword
Cherche - Helswath
Say'ri - Killing Edge
Basilio - Titania's Axe
Flavia - I -think- it's a Rapier
Gangrel -Levin Sword
Walhart - Wolf Berg
Emmeryn - Recover
Yen'fay - Killing Edge
Priam - Ragnell
Unread 03-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #3878
sakuraiplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfall View Post
I'm trying to decide whether to do Lucina or make another attempt at Soren. I really want to do Lucina, but it might be a bit ambitious at my current level. Female tactician might be fun, too, but I'm not sure if anyone would recognize it since the avatar doesn't have a set appearance.
moonfall, i dont think u should worry about people not recognizing the avatar, they are spose to be u so ur own face is still the avatar, if ur that worried, u can just go with one of the nintendo portraits. however, im pretty sure people will recognize the avatar based on the outfit alone

also, does anyone know good tutorials for building full armor?

Current Cosplay:
Karla (Fire Emblem 7) ~ 0%

Last edited by sakuraiplum : 03-10-2013 at 02:50 PM.
sakuraiplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #3879
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

I follow kamuicosplay.com for my armor. She has a few different methods for it on her website. My husband, sister-in-law and I tried fiberglass but with how ornate the armor is in Fire Emblem I wouldn't suggest it. We tried to make Elincia, Jill and Ike's vanguard armor...it worked but wasn't as nearly as good as we wanted it to be. We're remaking Elincia and Ike's using a wonderflex craft-foam sandwich and it is working out really well.
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #3880
ssoldiersaturn
Princess of Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddeltk View Post
I follow kamuicosplay.com for my armor. She has a few different methods for it on her website. My husband, sister-in-law and I tried fiberglass but with how ornate the armor is in Fire Emblem I wouldn't suggest it. We tried to make Elincia, Jill and Ike's vanguard armor...it worked but wasn't as nearly as good as we wanted it to be. We're remaking Elincia and Ike's using a wonderflex craft-foam sandwich and it is working out really well.
I agree with this. I'm doing the same for the little pieces of Nowi using worbla instead. I have an issue though. Nowi is inconstant in the game with her cape and chainmail being two different colors XD. Her game sprite and art work give her pink chainmail and yellow inside her cape, her speaking sprite and in game art work (including her S rank and the photo with her and Tiki in the artbook) give her green-yellowish chainmail and a purple inside her cape. Which one will people see most? I'm thinking the in game art...
ssoldiersaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #3881
laoni

The official art (Not the concept art i posted earlier, which is really good for all it's little details, but, the colouring for Nowi I see now is different) has her with green scales and purple cape, so go with that I'd say

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ficial_Art.jpg

Unrealted to that, I posted one blurry shot of it last year, but I finally got a clear shot of my Lute cosplay (My first one too)

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...19222884_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...50117547_n.jpg

I'm really proud of it, it was my first cosplay, and other than shoes and wig, it all cost under $100. I've since moved onto a bigger and better challenge for a con either in July or September, and that is, Radiant Dawn Lucia. My wig arrived yesterday, and I love it, just needs a slight cut and some flick XD

http://i46.tinypic.com/23tjnnq.jpg

I'm thinking of buying some fabric for it this week, either that or for my other cosplay (Both share a bit of fabric at least, I'm going to need LOTS of white fabric XD), just moving slow ATM while my funds recover from the con from last weekend XD
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #3882
envirion
Monster Hunter Tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoni View Post
Hey guys! For Awakening cosplays, I might have something that can help. Over in Japan, they released a big concept art + support conversation book called Knights of Iris. Some of art made it in the Gamestop art book, but a lot didn't

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/us...yramp/library/
[many helpful links]
Thank you so much for the scans! I forwarded some of the Tharja pics to my friend. x3

Working on: MagFest: Beat (Jet Set Radio Future), Central Officer Bradford (XCOM: Enemy Unknown), AkiZeta-5 (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri)
Katsucon: Pink Tourmaline (Sakizou), Cocona (Ar Tonelico), Retro!Sailor Mercury by Abbydraws, Aura (ProjectXZone), (tentative)Cafe!KlanKlan (MacrossF)

Projects: Hinoto (X/1999) | Plans: Too many...
envirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #3883
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

finally started making some progress... oh my goodness... that took awhile. lol i'm hoping to have all the sewing parts of my costume done by the end of next week. it's hard finding time to work on it with my job... and looking for a job... darn you real life!! *angry fist*
if i can get that sewing done on schedule, then i'll have a month to work on the armor and weapon (which will be awesome because i've never made armor or weapons before and i can use the time).
sadly, the material i got for the skirt part of the outfit is a bit too light... but after the nightmare that was dyeing the dark purple parts (i ordered the fabric online and it showed about a million times darker on the computer image than it did in person)... i really couldn't bare to face color matching again. it should be ok. it's not too far off. How's everyone else doing on their projects??

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #3884
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

Hey everybody! It's been a while eh! :P

I've been meaning to make Dozla for next Otakon since like... last Otakon ended lol, but I only got off my butt and actually started working on him like a week or two ago. I started on some 3D models of his armor and did some wig stuff, but all progress came to a screeching halt after Awakening arrived on my doorstep a few days ago

It's amazing and filled with so many amazing characters with amazing outfits, right now I am eyeing in particular Sumia and Cherche (They are both so adorable and gurrrrl, I love me some armor), but I would want to lose weight first (Don't I say that before, like, every cosplay?) so maybe for 2014. Gonna do Dozla fer now cause he's like me: short, wide, and was clearly a dwarf in another life! :P

Too much great cosplay and exciting progress to comment on it all! Great to see some life in this thread again, bwahaha.

@laoni: You are SUCH a cute Lute!! <3 I hope we get to see more pics sometime! I always love to see Sacred Stones cosplayed, and you did it excellently!
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #3885
laoni

Thank you! I'll have to fix it up, it's starting to fall apart, thanks to being sewn on a...reaaaaaaally old sewing machine (It's one of the cast iron ones, the first model ever built with reverse...)

For Lucia, I bought all my fabric yesterday, the ribbon, and the fabric paint, so i'm all set basically, except for jewelry (I have some sculpty, but my Mum, who loves jewelry, wants to have a shot at making it) and today was spent cutting out all the white fabric (Sans the collar, glove cuffs, belt, and the crossed over bits under her coat) I was about to start on the ribbon, but Mum told me it was time to take a break and to start sewing tomorrow XD

Because I have a derpy dog who likes to play and chew, here is my day's work haphazrdly pinned to my sewing dummy.

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...53294704_n.jpg

And looking at it, I forgot to double the side pieces because the fabric is slightly see-through...*facepalm* not pictured are the gloves, and the half tights for the boots. Tomorrow will see me fix today's derp, and then move on to sewing my ribbon for the coloured stripes up the side