Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 03-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #31
Apollo.gandin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
Welcome to cosplay.com! I'm in the MA area too! Currently going to college in Boston and it's the best! I love that city, the public transportation is so wonderful lol

If you're able to go to Anime Boston you may also be able to go to Arisia and Boston Comic Con as both of those conventions are in the center of Boston (BCC is at the Pru as far as I understand) and Arisia is at the Boston Convention Center (which is a 10min drive from the Pru). So those may be conventions you can go to if you're looking for more cons to attend.

Also as far as flying to cons goes, if you pack one large suitcase usually they don't charge you for that (although there usually is a 50lb limit). If you fly often enough you can get miles and earn status that will waive that limit in case you were interested lol Just choose an airline you really like, one that flies to all your desired destinations, and stick with it. Those miles also can give you discounts or free trips, which is always nice

Anyways, maybe I'll see you at a con one day!
I've never heard of Arisia but I was told that Boston Comicon was a waste of time because it's so small. And yeah flying would be cool to go to other cons but it's more expensive then driving and I'd end up flying alone because my friends wouldn't want to spent the money :c

Oh! What college do you go to? : O
Sorry if that's being nosy I just love learning about different colleges from actual students ^^;;

Also what cons are you going to this year? I think I'm just going to Anime Boston but I might go to Otakon. The friends I'm going with are super nice and said they'd pull over a bunch for me if I start to panic haha

Auron:Complete
Lenalee:Complete
Road Kamelot: Need a wig
Honey-chan: 50%
Marceline: 0%
Marshall Lee: 0%
Apollo.gandin33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #32
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan <3

I'm going to cosplay as Maggey Byrde from Ace Attorney. How about you?
Aloof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #33
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

I feel like this is the first time I've seen an introduction post with so many posts on it. But Either way welcome to the forums! Also, I feel you too but I'm traveling a far distance to go to the same con you're going to. I'll be going to AnimeBoston 2013 this year, and it'll probably be the last of the year. First, being this month "Mega-con" since I live in Florida. I'll most likely cosplay these: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...43342642_n.jpg The Tony, Goldie Foxx from Studio Killers, and for a third cosplay...either Ren from Skip Beat or this: http://hm11-cdn.fogu.com/villager-michelle-portrait.jpg so feel free to say hi to me if you see me any of the days.

Also, welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy your stay... and use all the sources here to figure out what to do to build your favorite character's costume! ^^

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #34
Ilafatyu
That guy

That's awesome, Sweeney. I had no idea you were in Boston, too. Maybe I'll see you around. I'll have to bug any Jack Sparrow I see, just in case it's you.

Aloof: Hey, welcome to Cos.com from me too. Just as an offer, I'm running a Skype group with a bunch of New England cosplayers. If you want to join in, send me a PM with your Skype name.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Connie (Shingeki no Kyojin) - 0%
Sheik (OoT/SSBB) - 65%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #35
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Apollo.gandin33 - I guess that is true, although if you plan accordingly, the flights are not that expensive. Just got to keep an eye on the deals and other stuff like that.
I am currently a Marketing Communications student at Emerson College in the center of Boston. I love it there and being in the center of Boston is the best!
Cons that I plan on going to are Connecticon, Otakon, Anime Central, NYCC, Boston Comic Con, PAX East (maybe), RICC, AAC...I think those are all the ones remaining for 2013. I find it hard to measure which cons I go to per year because I measure my years in terms of school years not normal people years lol
That's great that your friends are really understanding, I hope you do end up going to Otakon, that would be awesome! Maybe I will see you there
Also, so that we do not spam this thread with back and forth convo, if you want, you're welcome to add me on FB: My Facebook Account, this goes for you too Ilafatyu. Just send me a message letting me know of your username on here and I'll add you guys

Ilafatyu- You're in Boston? Really? We should definitely meet up some time then. How far are you from the Prudential Center? Did you know there are cosplay meetups every weekend? I attend them all the time xD Also you'll know it's me if you see a Jack Sparrow because I am the only Asian short Jack Sparrow :P

Last edited by SweeneyTodd : 03-02-2013 at 10:57 PM.
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote