Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #2416
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsky View Post
I hope your Kid cosplay turns out wonderfully!! Will you have the dagger sheathed the entire time or do you want to be able to take it out of the sheath. I think you should get away with making the dagger like this:

Mashimaro's tutorial

since it's a beginner's friendly prop tutorial. You could also use foam board.

I think it'd be great to paint on the white markings too (maybe use Ben Nye) and just use a final seal on them.

Holy cow, thank you!
I would like to be able to take it out for pictures. I want to make the sheath out of clay and I already have some acrylics and puffy paint (Since the yellow marking on her dagger sheath appears raised) so I'm just needing to make the dagger itself now. This'll help me a ton.

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #2417
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Got my haku cosplay! Just need a few things then its done. Woot!

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #2418
Zaiten

It's a little chilly today when you're out in the shade for a bit. I've been sketching the Mastermune onto the board and just realized I did half of it backwards. Now I have to flip it over and draw again! I won't be able to cut it until next week though, have work coming up. But I'm glad to get something done at least. Still made about these damn pony tails and how wigs hate them.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #2419
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Everyone must be rushing before Matsuri or something right now, haha. x3

So much less activity!

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 03-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #2420
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
Everyone must be rushing before Matsuri or something right now, haha. x3

So much less activity!
That plus those of us doing the Sailor Moon cosplay group moved it over to facebook so as to not crowd this board xD

Finished making the entire pattern for Tsubaki today! That collar was such a pain but I'm really pleased with how it ended up. I'm hoping to start cutting out the actual dress on Sunday because I'm busy all day Saturday. I should probably start looking in to getting the other parts of this cosplay lol. The parts for the dress were a complete impulse buy the other day, no clue when I'll ever finish this. I really should finish my petticoat since I actually need it for AM but I just didn't feel like doing it today. Was out sick but still made myself work some.
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #2421
Zaiten

I was zoning out for my days off. Didn't get nearly enough done. But super happy about my tips tonight. Well over $100. Something like $120 I think. That's double what I normally make. I was super happy about that. Plus my work schedule went back to my full 25 hours, so I'm happy about that. I was getting anxious about not having enough for Matsuri.

More good news? I have Sun - Wed off, and I intend to not let laziness get the better of me once again.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #2422
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
...I intend to not let laziness get the better of me once again.
I've been saying that for the last 4 days XD Still haven't gotten anything done T_T I really need some motivation >_>

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #2423
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

After I finished these two cosplays and Kyoko, I have no idea what to cosplay afterwards! Eeeeee. :<

Current Cosplays WIP

Unread 03-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #2424
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I've been saying that for the last 4 days XD Still haven't gotten anything done T_T I really need some motivation >_>
Same here! Im getting lazy but its darn cold in my room and do not want to sew in the kitchen all late at night. Its much colder in there.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #2425
Zaiten

Quote:
If you find some motivation, hit me up with some extra. ._.

I've been so sad since I realized I won't get my Belldandy wig in time for Anime Matsuri. I've just kind of.. left everything else sitting half done and don't know who to start next. I'm waiting for someone to go "Ooh, I want to cosplay this." or "I just made this." So I can go "Ooh, I'll make blank and join in!"

Cause I could start on so much but don't know where to focus.. I have lumber I can make into Serge's Swallow as well as more for Ike's sword. So that's Chrono Cross and Fire Emblem.. then I have my Belldandy fabric which I could use for something else and buy more later.. it might make a good Ike shirt. I have the rib knit for Rinoa but lost the dye packet so I could do that.. Plus I have fabric for Aerith Crisis Core. Oh, and Lycra for my Senshi body suit. Curse you fabric bargain bin and coupons!!

And on top of that, I have extra cash that I could start something entirely new! ._. It's a good thing I've avoided the fabric stores or I would probably have more by now.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #2426
Celine
Remember me?

Zaiten, you should make Celes for Anime Matsuri. Just sayin'. Either that or if you're about the same size as my old Celes costume I could just bring it for you to wear. I'd really love to have a Celes to wear my Locke costume with!

I'm only doing one costume I haven't started on for Matsuri which is Farah from Tales of Eternia. Everything else is done or damn close. Unless I decide I have time for something else after Aselia con, which seems really unlikely at this point.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #2427
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
Same here! Im getting lazy but its darn cold in my room and do not want to sew in the kitchen all late at night. Its much colder in there.
Yeah I've been having the same problem, I'm currently wearing 2 layers of everything, and have a robe on, and while I'm not cold anymore, my feet are like icicles DX Very unmotivating, cuz I just wanna curl up in bed XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
If you find some motivation, hit me up with some extra. ._.

I've been so sad since I realized I won't get my Belldandy wig in time for Anime Matsuri. I've just kind of.. left everything else sitting half done and don't know who to start next. I'm waiting for someone to go "Ooh, I want to cosplay this." or "I just made this." So I can go "Ooh, I'll make blank and join in!"

Cause I could start on so much but don't know where to focus.. I have lumber I can make into Serge's Swallow as well as more for Ike's sword. So that's Chrono Cross and Fire Emblem.. then I have my Belldandy fabric which I could use for something else and buy more later.. it might make a good Ike shirt. I have the rib knit for Rinoa but lost the dye packet so I could do that.. Plus I have fabric for Aerith Crisis Core. Oh, and Lycra for my Senshi body suit. Curse you fabric bargain bin and coupons!!

And on top of that, I have extra cash that I could start something entirely new! ._. It's a good thing I've avoided the fabric stores or I would probably have more by now.
Haha, alright, if I can find some first, I'll send any extra your way =P

And holy shit that's a lot of stuff O_O and I thought I had a lot of crap going on at once >_> Though for Belldandy you could always use your own hair and see if you can get one of those clip on ponytail things, they sell them at the mall and wig shops for like 15-20 ... I know your hair is a little darker than hers, but if that bugs you you could always lighten your hair a bit, it's not like she has an unnatural color or anything, lol.

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #2428
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
Zaiten, you should make Celes for Anime Matsuri. Just sayin'. Either that or if you're about the same size as my old Celes costume I could just bring it for you to wear. I'd really love to have a Celes to wear my Locke costume with!

I'm only doing one costume I haven't started on for Matsuri which is Farah from Tales of Eternia. Everything else is done or damn close. Unless I decide I have time for something else after Aselia con, which seems really unlikely at this point.
Oh man. We got to see each other I love Farah, she's like the female version of Regal Bryant lol. Im working on Harold from Destiny 2 and I know a few are going as Tales characters for AM.

Quote:
Yeah I've been having the same problem, I'm currently wearing 2 layers of everything, and have a robe on, and while I'm not cold anymore, my feet are like icicles DX Very unmotivating, cuz I just wanna curl up in bed XD
Same here. I just want to stay in my bed while my heater warming the room.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #2429
Celine
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
Oh man. We got to see each other I love Farah, she's like the female version of Regal Bryant lol. Im working on Harold from Destiny 2 and I know a few are going as Tales characters for AM.
Yea I wanted to get her done for Aselia con, but my Reid can't make it so we're aiming for Matsuri instead. Waiting another week to even start on Farah gave me time to make 2 new costumes for Momocon this weekend. Good luck getting Harold done, I always love seeing Tales cosplay.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #2430
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post

And that ladies and gentlemen is how I pick cosplays!

Let's see, I'm about 5' 10" and a size large shirt or a 14 women's or men's 34-36 pants give or take. So I dunno' how that works out. All in all I think I come out about a 36 or 38, 34 - 36, and 42ish?

But if need be, I would love to make one. <3 I actually saw so many pretty greens at Hancock's today and I kept going back to them but didn't buy any because I could decide on a darker emerald green or a lighter spring green.

I went sale shopping earlier today, spending only about $50 and got so much for it. I have fabric for Zidane's pants and vest.. Serge's shorts.. plus I got stuff for a Summoner Yuna cosplay, sans yellow satin. Didn't even think about her for right now but the bargain hit me as usual. Add in half price notions and I was set. Only Serge might be done for Matsuri, though. Still missing a lot for Zidane and too much painting for Yuna.

@Sailor Moon: I don't work on it all at once, for the most part. I have parts of things, when a sale hits usually, and hold on to it for when I'm ready. Except for right now. I have so much free time right now that I can really get stuff done. The sewing bug bit me so I'm running with it. :3 Tomorrow is prop day thanks to the nice weather forecasted.

Also, everyone's cold? I'm actually warm for once, which is weird for me.. I'm always cold, normally.

Proud Texas Cosplayer