Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 297 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 03-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #58036
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

I think my group just added Strawberry Panic to our cosplay list.

Next con: Fanime (San Jose, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #58037
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokitkat View Post
Hiya um hmm well I love to cosplay but the past few years I have sub-cum to tremors and sporadic involuntary movements as part of a disease I have. I have been chrona from Soul Eater in the past so my spasms look like I am in character by being possessed by black blood.

But this year I'd like to do a pretty long flowy dress from cardcaptor sakura. My spasms cause me to fall and accidentally hit people, I don't mean too I have no control. the attacks can last from a few seconds to several min and i look like I am having a seizure. I get them about 20- 50 times a day. I am weary about my condition and I have great friends at anime expo to support me, physically and emotionally.

I do admit I am bit self contentious about my condition. you think it would be wise for me to be in a dress that I could potentially hurt my self in or even carry a staff?
I say go for it. Especially if you have supportive friends with you that understand your condition and can help you out if needed. Just remember to take it easy while your having fun in your beautiful flowing dress.

My mother has MS and she has to be careful because she's prone to seizures. But she doesn't let that stop her from doing what she loves and dragging me along for the ride XD

Future Conventions
Wondercon 2014
Fanime 2014
Anime Expo 2014
San Diego Comic Con 2014

Future Cosplays
Genderbent Sora (25% complete)
Witch Rapunzel Variant (COMPLETE)
Ibuki Mioda (COMPLETE)
Tali'Zora (COMPLETE)
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #58038
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

I recorded a few voice over auditions this evening and used one of my cosplay wig caps as a pop screen. I'll be a monkey's uncle if it didn't get rid of the majority of the plosive sounds. Yay, being poor!
Necessity is the mother of invention, after all.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile

Last edited by epicserendipity : 03-03-2013 at 12:53 AM.
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #58039
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokitkat View Post
Hiya um hmm well I love to cosplay but the past few years I have sub-cum to tremors and sporadic involuntary movements as part of a disease I have. I have been chrona from Soul Eater in the past so my spasms look like I am in character by being possessed by black blood.

But this year I'd like to do a pretty long flowy dress from cardcaptor sakura. My spasms cause me to fall and accidentally hit people, I don't mean too I have no control. the attacks can last from a few seconds to several min and i look like I am having a seizure. I get them about 20- 50 times a day. I am weary about my condition and I have great friends at anime expo to support me, physically and emotionally.

I do admit I am bit self contentious about my condition. you think it would be wise for me to be in a dress that I could potentially hurt my self in or even carry a staff?
If you have your trusty friends there to help you and support you, I say do it. Have fun, and just do it because you love it. The majority of people in cosplay you'll encounter are good folks who will appreciate you because of the work and love you put into your outfit.

FINISHED PROJECTS:

Current Projects:

Unread 03-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #58040
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Found the perfect pattern for my newest costume idea, and now to order some swatches... and to figure out how much of each fabric I need (I'm splitting the dress pattern from one colour as pictured, into four colours) I guess I have to do a quick mockup first. I think I can only order in whole metres from where I'm planning to get the fabric from, but I sure don't want to not have enough. And I need chiffon swatches. And organza, or tulle? So much to decide on...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #58041
Kuchikichan
I didn't do it!

I made a hat today for my Switzerland cosplay! I also did some work on the coat for Switzerland.

Switzerland (Hetalia)
(Complete)
Fem!Castiel (Supernatural)
Zuko (ATLA)
Kuchikichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #58042
Hielostar
House of Hielo

Made some progress with the Hylian Shield last night - just need to trim some of the edges since the pieces didn't line up exactly (probably due to the paint warping the foam core). Next up will be building the scabbard (the foam Master Sword was a purchased item). Hopefully I'll be able to finish it next weekend, as long as I work on it bit by bit each night after I get home from work.

Hopefully CosCom can figure out what happened with the wig I pre-ordered back in mid-January. It may have been lost in the shuffle due to the supplier being closed for Chinese New Year. Glad I ordered super early just in case things like this happened.
Link (Adult) - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Hange Zoe - Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon series
Hielostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #58043
kAZbear

I wanna start a Candace cosplay. I just want waist long blue braids like hers, and her gorgeous plaid skirt and lovely blue cardigan and just, I wanna cosplay her because I basically AM her

Costumes in progress

Ness (Earthbound)
Iwamine Shuu (Hatoful Boyfriend)
kAZbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #58044
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Something else that's been on my mind lately is the aspect of crossplaying. One of my "Possible Cosplays" is a VERY well known character that would typically fall into this category, but the character is in fact MALE. That being said, should this be a thing that I should attempt? Crossplaying, that is. I'm pretty thin, so I could probably get away with some characters, but I'm not sure if I should even bother.

Also, some outfits I wear require the wearing of shorts or short sleeves. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've scarring on my body(let's just say people can get really nasty when you don't conform to what they see as normal...), and I'm not sure how to hide it aside from wearing black underarmor. I don't mind wearing the stuff, as shown in a few of my cosplay already during Otakon. Yeah, I'm crazy enough to wear underarmor in Baltimore City mid July heat. I'm Awesome! That said, I'm not sure how else to hide the scarring aside from that, and that also plays into the aspect of me wondering about crossplaying. Would this even look right?

Planned Conventions and Outfits

Deciding...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #58045
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Got my Funtom Rabbit yesterday, still need to get off my butt and take some pictures with it.

That being said, I won't know my plans for Momocon until the last minute It totally slipped our minds to let grandma come and look at Ririchiyo Friday, so she'll have to do it Monday, and I'm not really sure if she'll have it done by Friday. I really don't want to stress her, or me, out by trying to rush at the last minute, so I'm considering throwing my old Ciel cosplay on for another spin if I can. (My parents might get angry at that, but I'll find some time to wear her. After all, I bought it with my money so it is technically my possession, and I can choose to do what I want to do with it.)

...I also love-hate TERA's designs. I love the high elf male cloth armor to death and would love to cosplay it, but damn if I'll have the body (or budget) to fit that any time soon. The only thing I could possibly cosplay is the Elin, and then the cloth armors at that since the leather and heavy are all so intricate or otherwise odd. Ughafgagfdsf
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 03-03-2013 at 09:52 AM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #58046
KatyCruel

I reeeeeeeally want to start working on my Merida dress, but I have NO IDEA what I'm doing with this pattern I have and I don't wanna end up effing it up. And so I wait.... >.>

2013 Con Season!
- No-Brand Con (Eau Claire, WI - April 12-14) DONE!
- Anime Detour (Minneapolis, MN - April 19-21) DONE!
- Animinneapolis (Minneapolis, MN - June 28-30)
- MetaCon (Minneapolis, MN - August 30-September 1)
- TeslaCon (Madison, WI - October 31-November 3)
KatyCruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #58047
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Finally finished my bunny ears for my Black Bunny/Kuro Usagi costume/cosplay! Just gotta add wire into them!
But now I ask you guys...what is the best way to wear these ears? Attach them to the headband? Sew them on to the wig? Sew them on to some clips? Other ideas? o.O
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3357270/

W.I.P:
Lolita!Mikasa Ackerman - Attack on Titan 35%
Crimson Cravat!Mikasa Ackerman -AoT 20%
Vampire!Mikasa Ackerman - AoT 90%

Dark!Twilight Princess Zelda - SSBB 15%
Fem!Aladdin-Magi
Morgiana-Magi

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Kougyuko-Magi
Yui Komori- Diabolk Lovers
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill
Yukina Himuro - Watashi ni xx Shinasai
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #58048
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Finally finished my bunny ears for my Black Bunny/Kuro Usagi costume/cosplay! Just gotta add wire into them!
But now I ask you guys...what is the best way to wear these ears? Attach them to the headband? Sew them on to the wig? Sew them on to some clips? Other ideas? o.O
I would say headband. If there's wire in them I think you could sew them directly to the wig if they can stay up by themselves.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #58049
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
I personally think they'd work on a headband a little better. Just pick one that accents or blends in with the wig, and you'll be golden. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Planned Conventions and Outfits

Deciding...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #58050
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Quote:
When I did Rainbow Dash, I sewed ears onto hair clips. They worked perfectly, and stayed in. Plus, I didn't get the 'headband headache.'

FINISHED PROJECTS:

Current Projects: