Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #2011
Seifer-sama

@ Zaiten: That sounds like a good plan actually. You may be able to get it to sit right without having to stub it. Hopefully it will cooperate! As for the jacket, what happened? I thought it was ready to go.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #2012
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ Zaiten: That sounds like a good plan actually. You may be able to get it to sit right without having to stub it. Hopefully it will cooperate! As for the jacket, what happened? I thought it was ready to go.

I keep working with it in tiny bits so I don't get mad at it and because I have a million other things to do. It looks lopsided right now, so I may have to trim the back to match the trimmed front and hope it's not going to end up too short.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #2013
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - Oh good. I may need to find a workout plan that works as well. Just something that will be a little quicker and take less of my time. It can be difficult to get to a gym with my schedule. I agree too on finding a job. They usually rather take people who are already working - it's more immediate experience.

WiR: We're the 8 bit character, and you are the HD character - right? It would be cool if an FPS did have a character like Calhoun as a lead. It would be a change from these super buffed on steroids destroy anything that moves or in the way heroes (looking at you Gears of War).

Cecil: As of now, I think Venus is most likely going to be the one that's done more than Cecil by Sakura. I know Spencer really wants that to go through. I'm somewhat tempted to buy Venus I must admit, but I still do like to say I made the costume even if it's silly like this.

Zelda: And hopefully I can start on Link probably after Fanime. I want to try to do that and Gestahl Simultaneously and see what I can get done.

The cape worked out really nicely, btw. I'm kind of glad I somewhat pushed you into doing that (even though you probably wanted to at some point). I agree with Zaiten, it is much nicer than paint.

@Zaiten: Hopefully you get everything worked out with the Jacket. I hate when stuff like that happens, though.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #2014
Seifer-sama

@ Zaiten: Oh I see. Well I wish you luck! I hope it all turns out just fine.

@ FinalEVA: I have a few workout routines. If you want I can send a few your way, unless you are happy with what you have.

WiR: Ha ha! Yep!! I am so excited to do that one. It might take me a while, but please don't hold back on my account. If you and Eric finish yours first, by all means, wear them. And yeah it would be cool if you were to swap her into the lead of her of FPS! I would buy it!

Cecil: I am still not 100% sure we will have Mars done by then, we will try though. I guess if you do end up buying Venus, maybe we should just purchase a Mars. We will see I guess. As for Cecil, just keep chipping away at it.

Zelda: That would be awesome! I think once you start, you will find that both of them will move pretty quickly. Armor cosplays, at least for me, seem like such a slower process.

Terra Cape: Thanks!! I am glad too. I think it was well worth it. I always did want to do the flowers... I was just so afraid to mess it up. ^^;

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #2015
MDA
Destiny Productions

Oh wow I've been so out of it with CosCom lately.

But starting after Con-G (I'm going to wait a week though... four costumes finished in two weeks is killing me - aka Vincent, Xemnas, Grell, Rydia) I'll be starting work on Ultimecia and Kuja.

Kuja at least will be easier this time around since I have the pattern pieces already and I know how to go about it better. And no lining of the skirt or sleeves!

Ultimecia.... shall be interesting. Need to make those wings... Sadly only con I have between now and AN is Con-G, and I think I'm going to miss out on the wing building demonstration because of the masquerade.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #2016
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Yays! Welcome back. I would tell on FB how busy you have been. Try not to wear yourself out though! I am so excited to see your Kuja and Ultimacia. Are you going to be dyeing that dress? She has a gradient right?

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #2017
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer : Yeah I'm trying not to kill myself. Saturday and today I took a bit of breathers. Today I finished my props with sealing the paint and made a pattern for Rydia's boots... but it was more a relief day because a friend who I mostly just see at cons stopped by with his mom on their way home from Ottawa (he lives in Mississauga - a good 2-3 hours from where I live!)

He wanted to steal my Final Form coat that I slaved over for three to four days painting the designs xD Because his is inaccurate... (I was being picky with mine)

But yeah I'll be adding a gradient to it. I'll do the gradient after the dress is put together. And then all those feathers @_@ So many feathers. She's already running me about $85.... and I still have to buy wigs, mesh for the wings, and longer feathers *headdesk*

I think I'll be having more fun with Kuja.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #2018
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: I am glad you are taking much needed breaks. I think that is really important. And how fun for you that you were able to visit with a friend you don't normally see!! I hope you didn't let him steal your coat though! :P As for the gradient, I think that's what I will be doing for Edea as well when I finally get there. The feathers, uhg the feathers... ha ha. I know how expensive those can be and they add up quick for sure. Ultimecia is a pretty intense costume, so I am not surprised to hear how much you are spending on her. Hopefully you will be able to continue to keep the cost down as much as possible. I look forward to seeing some photos when you get the chance!!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #2019
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer: Oh trust me, I take breaks when I know I need them. Now that most of my stuff for Con-G this weekend is packed I can have a mostly relaxing day tomorrow. And don't worry, I still have my coat. But considering my friend that visited is in my hotel room, I'll be keeping him away from it xD I just finished it a few hours ago.

Yeah the gradient is going to be interesting to do. For the most part I'll be working on the patterns for the dress and wings. But I'm happy I found out that I can make the wing making demonstration at Con-G on Sunday morning I just need to be fast leaving my panel to go to it. At least I know Ultimecia will be cheaper than what Kuja was last year.

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #2020
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: I am so glad to hear that! I certainly need to adopt that practice... I am pretty bad about just working through until I crash. Ha ha! You better keep a watchful eye on that coat! You may turn around and find it mysteriously vanished. :P As for Ultimecia, it sounds like you already have a pretty good game plan. I am so excited to see this one for sure! And what a plus that she will be cheaper than Kuja.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #2021
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer : Well I still have my coat so my friend didn't take it from me. But I need to get the rest of the makeup out of it (tan shows pretty well on white). My friend didn't put enough setting powder on my neck so it rubbed off. But I'm happy, finally brought home a masquerade award with Xemnas

Technically I didn't start Kuja or Ultimecia yet, but they will be started after Grell's coat is finished. Which may be tomorrow. So I'll be starting on one of them, or both sometime during this coming week. I'm just not sure what of who to do first.

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #2022
Zaiten

Ahh, I have more Dissidia love happening! I happened to grab some sale fabric for Zidane! Nothing much so far, just have his vest cut out and needs to be sewn together. He's a long way off but it's nice to have at least a little something done for him.

Aerith is looking great. Need to add buttons for everything but other then that I think I'm pretty much good to go. I'll have pictures later when I stop being lazy and addish and put on the buttons.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #2023
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Congratulations on your award!!! That's awesome. I hear you on the makeup issue, I have that problem when I wear Vaati or Puppet Zelda. I hope you are going to be able to wash it out easily enough. Have you finished Grell's coat yet? I am glad that you are moving so swiftly through your projects.

@ Zaiten: Yays!!! More progress!! Glad to hear Aerith is nearly complete! I really look forward to seeing your Zidane too. Post some pictures please. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #2024
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer: Yeah, 95% of the makeup came out just from me taking my soap to it Just need to add a bit more. Yup Grell's coat is done! It was harder than expected. I had to learn quite a few new things making it (like putting ribbon between the lining and outer of the coat, and making a giant bow). I started on Kuja. 90% of the pieces are cut out, and started to sew up one of the sleeves. He'll be fast since only the purple of the jacket has to be lined. So glad battle damaged is easier...

And as a bonus Ultimecia's wigs are ordered, the feathers are ordered (300 feathers for $28!!!!). My mom'll be helping me find upholstery foam to do her horns. And pick out appropriate mesh for the wings.

Since I've never done a cosplay like this, I've enlisted my brother (not biologically, adopted a friend as a brother) as a handler. Just hope nothing like a nip slip happens @_@

@Zaiten: YAY Zidane!!! I'm sure you'll be awesome as him

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #2025
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Awesome! I have trouble with my makeup rubbing off as well and usually soap is enough, sometimes I have to break out the heavy duty Dawn though! Glad to hear Grell's coat is all finished! And I am really looking forward to seeing your next Kuja! Also congrats on getting some of Ultimecia's supplies. That's usually the big step of commitment to a costume for me. Once I have the supplies, I have to make the costume. It sure sounds like she was cheaper than expected too. I am looking forward to seeing this project come to life!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV