Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 01-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #46
Higpi
No.

Based on pictures here, people asks me if im male or female. I crossplay and I crossdress. And since i wear makeup, its harder for them to tell. I did have few people who guessed my gender.
Higpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #47
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I would rather be treated as the lady I am but my voice often sets people off. it is not easy being MtF transgender as some call it but at least cosplay is not as mean to me as the rest of society can be

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #48
Poody
All Rise!

I get this all the time..... Actually, I used to have very long hair (for a guy) and was mistaken for a women quite often. Mostly at a distance. I don't mind that, but..... When I was working in a store, some idiots would come up to me and say "Oh! I thought you were a woman!" ........ WHO SAYS THAT? Keep it to yourself! That just makes people sound like an asshole.

Anyway, I've been mistaken as a girl cosplaying as pretty much all of my characters (except Flynn Rider). They are also all male characters...

I am planning my first crossplay though! (Well, besides when I did Birdo) But it's going to be Lady Oscar. So I'll be a guy dressed as a woman who dresses like a guy.... Oh man, that's confusing! It'll be interesting to see people's reactions.

..............-NYAH!
My Facebook, yo!
Poody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #49
animazn

First off kudos to those who do crossplay. Y'all are awesome at it. Second I agree with everyone on the gender doesn't matter statement. In the end crossplay is cosplay

Anyways! For me in 7th grade I was a huge tomboy(still am!) and I had short hair. So people asked "Are you a boy or girl?" And ofc I got offended I was a 13 year old teenage girl what can I say? But I crossplayed as Black Star from Soul Eater last year and it was AWESOME. I got fan girled by a lot of girls(and guys) and so many people just was screaming my name everywhere I went. No one even asked if I was a boy or girl.(I'd practiced a nice voice for him, plus Black Star's voice is pretty high).

For another cosplay I was wearing a suit and I didn't have a manly voice. When a girl from behind me said "You look rather dashing today sir" I was like "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself" and she was like "WTF you're a girl! OMG I'm SO sorry! I thought you were a guy!" Her reaction was priceless.

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #50
GraveTheUndead
The Flame of Daybreak

Starting to feel like crossplaying so much lately. I have one in mind though~ Hopefully I can manage it/pass. A lot of my friends say I can, and the most encouraging thing to me is that I get called "Miss" at work by customers a lot, even when I talk sometimes it's hard to tell apparently.
POSSIBLY:
Chaud Blaze (Mega Man Battle Network)
Robert Edward O. Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
GraveTheUndead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #51
chrono4281
Chrno

At Katsucon I was Sango from InuYasha and I was asked for pics so I kindly agreed and did the photoshoot. After the photoshoot was done, the photographer thanked me and had asked my name so I told him my real name and he looked at me with this disappointed look on his face and stared at me for a few seconds in silence then asked "Wait...you're a guy?", said thanks, gave me his card then walked off.
chrono4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #52
chrono4281
Chrno

I guess it was rude on his part but still a compliment nonetheless...meaning I did the crossplay right and passed for a girl too.
chrono4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #53
Zafie
8 Year Cosplay Veteran

I've usually always cross-played but I've only been referred to as male a few times when I did. Since coming out as FtM transgender, I find myself passing off more as male. I wonder if that'll effect my future cosplays. Hmm.. Guess I'll have to find out. xD

Naru2U 2013:

Cheerilee Gijinka - My Little Pony (Friday)

? - ? (Saturday)

? - ? (Sunday)

G-Anime 2014:

Coming Soon!

Anime North 2014:

Coming Soon!
Zafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #54
Su-san

I cross-play.... my parents think I'm weird for it.... but then I say to them

"Its doesnt matter what gender the character is..... you always go as the character who is your favourite as you will get into their personality better than someone that you are not a big fan about..."

So again... I'm going as a guy... but I might not next year depending on my likes and stuff

UNKNOWN AS OF YET

----------

Planning

Sherlock Holmes (BBC)
SuperWhoLock (Fandom-y thing)
Reichenbach Sherlock

----------
Su-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #55
blur the wolf
Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tereshkova2001 View Post
I ran across this post on Tumblr which I really loved:
http://derpderpmotherfuckers.tumblr....ary-or-why-the

The punchline: "The gender of the cosplayer doesn’t actually matter. They’re busy doing what cosplay is all about: being a successful chameleon, taking on the physical characteristics of a character so well you can’t guess anything about the person behind them, even their gender. "
Oh my gosh I love that!
blur the wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #56
KuroNekoZombie

At SakuraCon 2014, I was cosplaying as Soul (I'm a girl), and a man came up to me and said:

"Excuse me sir, may I take your picture?"

I was surprised, because as a very feminine looking 14-year-old girl, it is hard for me to crossplay. Honestly, I was very flattered(≧∇≦)

Kumoricon 2014
Grell Sutcliff
Levi
Celestia Ludemberg (possibly)
KuroNekoZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #57
MaiCosplay
synonymous B.

Im androgynous. So I get mistaken for a guy especially with my haircut. If Im mistaken for a guy in crossplay Id be flattered :3.

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 05-25-2014 at 05:17 PM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #58
justatestuser

I've been asked that plenty! To be honest, I usually keep it mysterious and tell them I'm whatever they want me to be. ^ ^
justatestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #59
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

Oh I've had this happen so many times. I've had girls 10 years younger then me hitting on me asking me to "go back to their hotel room." which is totally gross and a story for another day.
Beyond cosplay I had this happen at a work conference. A gentlemen from a sister agency saw me making myself some tea and came over and said "Hello sir which angecy are you from? To bad the weather isn't nicer or we could have gone outside for lunch." I looked at him and simply replied. "I'm from [work name} and yeah that is a shame." My voice clearly female. He turned three shades of red before apologizing to me and walking away.
I was dressed in brown dress pants and my black Columbia fleece jacket, my jacket was zipped because it was cold, but under it was my orange highly feminine top. My hair is in a short boyish cut, and with my jacket zipped up and the way I was standing you couldn't really see my chest so I guess I see where he got the idea that I was a guy.

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Jean!WoC -Attack on Titan 100% done!
Washu Hakubi - Tenchi Muyo! 100% done!
Motoko Kusanagi - GitS 0% (planning stages)
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote