Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Tiger & Bunny!

Is anyone else planning on doing any Tiger & Bunny cosplay for A-kon this year? I myself am currently working on Barnaby's hero suit, and I would really like to debut it at A-kon! Hopefully I can get it done by then.

This will be my first Texas convention, so I'm pretty amped about it. I would love to meet any other T&B cosplayers who are planning to go! Perhaps if enough are attending, we can set up a time for a T&B gathering.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if my boyfriend can attend A-kon, I plan to make Kotetsu's civilian clothes for him so he can join me. (And act as my handler. OTL)
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 02-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
seto_kaiba_36

Exclamation

Working on Tiger street cloths now allmost done need the hat the boots and face hair

A-kon Cosplay List

Nick ( Left for dead 2 )
Luigi ( super mario Brothers
Kaito Tenjo ( yugioh zexal if i can get my wig fixed in time @_@ ) If not
Yusei Fudo ( yugioh 5ds )

I Am The Thread Killer Fear me !!! ( its a bad joke ^_^ )
seto_kaiba_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

My friends and I are doing a group~ My boyfriend is doing Wild Tiger Armor and I'm doing Blue Rose. My friends are doing Lunatic and Dragon Kid. ^O^
Hannuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

seto_kaiba_36: Awesome! Can't wait to see!

Hannuh: Ahhhhh so cool!! My roommate mentioned the other day that she saw someone on her news feed was making Wild Tiger's armor - I'm guessing she is Facebook friends with you? (or maybe your boyfriend?) Anyway, that's really exciting!! Makes me want to make sure I get Barnaby done in time. Do you know what day(s) yet you are planning to have your group together?

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

Yeah, I think she is my friend on facebook! Are we talking about Marcy? My group might even add in a Sky High~ We have no clue what day we're doing it though...I'll let you know though and maybe we can all have a huge photoshoot or something! ^O^
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannuh View Post
Yeah, I think she is my friend on facebook! Are we talking about Marcy? My group might even add in a Sky High~ We have no clue what day we're doing it though...I'll let you know though and maybe we can all have a huge photoshoot or something! ^O^
Yes, miss Marcy! That's great that you might be having a Sky High join you too. Please do let me know when you plan to wear your costumes! I would absolutely love to shoot with you guys. Oh how exciting~!

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Magamish
Cosplay Virgin (oh mai!)

bump!
Hope to see photos from your guys' shoots! X3
Magamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magamish View Post
bump!
Hope to see photos from your guys' shoots! X3
Haha welcome, and thank you! Are you planning to do any T&B cosplay yourself, or are you just looking forward to seeing it? XD

--

How's everyone's progress? I myself am still not done, but I'm working on it every day! I'm trying very hard to get Barnaby done in time. >_< I've got almost all of my boyfriend's Kotetsu things gathered. I hope everyone else is having good progress.

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

I still haven't started! I was in Korea for a month and just came back Saturday so I need to get started on things. x_X I know my friends haven't even started on Lunatic or Dragon Kid, but we're having a cosplay sleepover to get things started. My boyfriend is trying to get his Tiger suit done in time too. He's almost done scoring and putting everything together so hopefully he starts soon. ; A ;
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Oh, welcome back State-side! A cosplay sleepover sounds like a fun way to get everyone going, haha. That's awesome that you have friends that want to be Dragon Kid and Lunatic though! Good luck to you and your group getting everything done!!

By the way, I have cosplay plans for Friday already, so I'm definitely wearing Barnaby on Saturday. I hope you guys will be wearing your T&B stuff on Saturday too. >_<

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 05-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

Thanks~ I hope you get everything done because I'm really looking forward to seeing your barnaby! I liked your facebook page so I've been like creeping on your Barnaby progression and it looks awesome!

We'll probably be cosplaying it all weekend! ^^ I know we figured out a good place to take some photos at too. We passed by the Anatole the other day and decided to go in and we found a wonderful spot to take photo's once it starts to get a little dark outside! If we do decide on a photoshoot place, I'll make sure to tell you! ^O^
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Haha, thank you very much for following my progress~! I wish I could follow you guys too, lol.

Oh, good! I'm relieved you plan to wear them all weekend. Yeah, definitely keep me in the loop about photoshoot info! I definitely want in on that. What is the spot at the Anatole that you saw and thought would be a good location for shooting? I am planning to visit the hotel next week with some friends to get familiar with it ahead of time too. I'll try looking for that spot when I go.

Also, I mentioned it on my page already, but to give you a more detailed FYI - I am planning to participate in the cosplay contest on Saturday, so I will be unavailable for some time in the morning for the pre-judging (I don't know yet what time I'll be done with that since it's a first come, first serve basis) and then once I think 4:30pm rolls around, I'll have to report in for the cosplay contest setup/rehearsal. So I won't have a HUGE window of availability, but I should be able to join you guys sometime between the pre-judging and the rehearsal. I'm thinking around 2pm or 3pm would be pretty ideal for me personally, but I do not know what you all are wanting to do. So just lemme know when you figure things out. Can't wait!!

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

I actually have a photo. Not the best photo around, but you honestly can't miss this spot. It's one of the multiple entrances.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/mewchibix3/540161_173095172841193_1204502229_n_zps2d72764f.jp g

We thought this might be a good place. We were hoping to get some photos with the city in the background, but you can't see any big buildings or anything at the anatole. I was a bit upset since I really wanted some photos of T&B at night with the downtown lights in the background or something. Butttt we thought this would also be a good location for some photos. I know we're trying to light up our suits so it might look cool reflecting off the water in the black fountain things. It looks really really nice! You'll have to see it for yourself though~

If you go check it out, you should see if you like any spots for photos. When we went some kind of dancing event was going on so we weren't aloud in most of the rooms, but we got a good look around.

It all really depends if the group wants to do it that time. I know I have a One Piece photoshoot I plan to go to, but not sure when it is though. I'll make sure to contact you whenever we figure things out~ I really want to see your Barnaby! I'm so excited and I can't wait either! ^w^

Last edited by Hannuh : 05-03-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Unread 05-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Guhhhh, the Anatole is so gorgeous! Thanks for the photo! I will be sure to scope out good places as well. I think though, that those pools will be drained for A-kon. D: At least I heard the "reflecting pool" was going to be drained to prevent crazy people from jumping/falling in, and that looks like a reflection pool. Not 100% that's the exact one in question, it just looks like it might be. It's still a really lovely area, though. Hopefully my timing will be good when I go with few events going on. I'll try to remember to take a camera with me.

I know what you meeeaaan about wanting to get shots with the downtown skyline in the background!! That would be so flippin' cool! Alas, I guess that can only be accomplished on a separate occasion, haha. You guys are going to be lighting up your costumes too? I don't know if I'll be able to handle all of this awesomeness. XD

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 05-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

I knowwwww! They have so much nice artwork, nice staircases, nice lights, and just everything! It's so gorgeous! Ahh...I guess those were the reflecting pools. Damn...but I'm sure we'll find a place somewhere...hopefully. :c

Yeaah! It would be awesome if we could, but maybe we can sometime when everyone is free or something. I know my friend is trying to light up his Lunatic mask and maybe the bow as well and Dragon Kid's ears and staff. My boyfriend is going to try and light his up if he has time, if not he'll probably do it for Afest. I don't think we're putting any lights in Blue Rose...since we don't know where it would really fit in. I said we could make her boobies light up but that would be too much...LMFAO.

I know I won't be able to handle all the awesomeness of everything! Ahhh!

Last edited by Hannuh : 05-03-2013 at 05:31 PM.