Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #391
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Jason, did you mean the Magnum Long? My only concern with that is forehead hair line, since there are bangs that hang over (hence why I was looking at the lacefront in the first place).

After a second look, I'm leaning towards the Cady. The longer front bangs would help with those two longer pieces of hair near the sides of Kirito's face, and it IS designed for heavier front spiking.
OH>.< Stupid phone..Anyway Yes that's what I meant lol
And No, I honestly thing a lacefront would look way better, but I know how to style wig bangs that have flippiness to them like his (mine isn't that great cuz I did it really really fast and didn't care until con comes around). Obviously a lacefront will look cleaner though. I just can't afford it lol I'm just saying for those that can't afford one, The Magnum XL (Magnum long, whatever) is the next best bet because it's the thickest spikable wig with bangs long/thick enough to flip up.

The cady actually LOOKS like his hair though..So there's that..And also, if they really DID make the Melinda smaller in the cap like I hear they did, that's a good one too because it's make to spike like that
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #392
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

No worries! My phone's auto correct butchers my cosplay talk as well, haha.

And I totally understand about the whole expense thing. I'm only able to go for a lacefront because I should only need one new wig this year (since I'm doing a bunch of alternate versions of characters I already have wigs for), and my friend got me an Arda Gift Card for Christmas. *laughs*

I'm always scared for smaller wig caps, though, because my hair is thick, and I also just have a large head. :,D Thanks for the reassurance on the Cady, though, I think I'll be getting that once Arda restocks!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #393
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
No worries! My phone's auto correct butchers my cosplay talk as well, haha.

And I totally understand about the whole expense thing. I'm only able to go for a lacefront because I should only need one new wig this year (since I'm doing a bunch of alternate versions of characters I already have wigs for), and my friend got me an Arda Gift Card for Christmas. *laughs*

I'm always scared for smaller wig caps, though, because my hair is thick, and I also just have a large head. :,D Thanks for the reassurance on the Cady, though, I think I'll be getting that once Arda restocks!
Yea....That's why I don't like coming on here on my phone..

Well if you are for sure able to, then I say go for it. I however can not lol I actually decided to sell mine, and go for the Melinda..Even if it's too big like it was when I last owned one, My hair is dark anyway, so it won't really show if it pops out..I totally didn't even think of that..That's why I went for another wig in the first place..But I just pisd for the Melinda and should have it next week. I will need to get a move on ASAP cuz the con is the end of this month and I still have other stuff I need to finish as well lol

Anyway, the melinda is basically the non lacefront (as well as a bit longer) version then the Cady anyway lol I really wanted the super poof bangs like he has which is pretty hard to get on a normal wig
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #394
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'm still working on Asuna's first outfit but for the time being...I've been thinking that I want to do this version as well: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I have a quick question about it, the jacket I think I know what to do there but the skirt, how do you make a skirt look like that?

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 03-04-2013 at 01:39 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #395
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
I'm still working on Asuna's first outfit but for the time being...I've been thinking that I want to do this version as well: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I have a quick question about it, the jacket I think I know what to do there but the skirt, how do you make a skirt look like that?
I would make it a high waisted skirt or a pinafore that has a neckline going directly below the bust (as with how Lisbeth's dress sits), general simple tailoring to your body shape until low hips wth 3 panels on the front and 3 on the back and then pleat the fabric for the skirt part of the skirt and sew onto the top, fitting part.

I'm currently working on Sinon from the Gun Gale Online Arc in the novels. It's a fair bit of guess work with some of the details as there are very few images of her and none that show below her knee/aren't inconsistent on certain parts. I wish I'd had the patience to wait it out until s2 where it will most likely be animated so I could have character design sheets to follow.
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #396
momomilk

Update! Lisbeth is pretty much finished! I just need to make her hair clip and style/trim her wig. I got her wig in the mail but I just haven't tried it on yet.

>.< I should be able to put an updated picture later this week (since I'n busying writing a term paper for class O
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #397
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Wow thread blow up today huh lol Well my swords almost done. I have one more black coat to do then I'll be painting the edges silver. Then i'm thinking of just wrapping the handle instead of painting it..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #398
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Wow thread blow up today huh lol Well my swords almost done. I have one more black coat to do then I'll be painting the edges silver. Then i'm thinking of just wrapping the handle instead of painting it..
Personally I would have coated the full blade silver then masked off the edges to do the black. I know it contradicts the usual dark => light order (it's harder to hide white behind red than red behind white, for example) but it's the order used by another prop builder I'm following (and inspired me to actually get off my butt).

That said, more progress has been made on my Elucidator and Dark Repulser. DR is cut and (mostly) edged. It's going to sit in that state until I get the hilt details sculpted on a separate piece, molded, and cast. I suck at sculpting, so this may take a while (go go apoxie sculpt!).

Elucidator: hilt...plates?...are done, molded. Need to cast them. Well, I tried, but the PE resin shrank something awful, so I'm probably going to be stuck for a bit. PU resin is much more expensive and not as readily available to me. I can order the stuff (takes a day to ship, I'm only half a state from Smooth-On) but I prefer to work with what I have first.

Other detail parts are done as well. If I can get the castings to pull properly, this one will be ready for primer in under a week. But since I lack a proper spray booth in my basement, it'll wait until the weather warms up.

I'd seriously link pics, but it'd take a day for the post to show :P

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Bard and Dragoon
KOTSProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #399
Li_Syaoran
Lone Wolf

I'm all set and ready to go, just need my body plate armor to get here
CureCos:http://en.curecos.com/profile/?ch=331883
Cos Group Page:https://www.facebook.com/LonewolfCosplay

Current Anime Con list
Sakura con 2013
Male Black Rock Shooter
Sword Art Online Gun-master/Swordsman Kirito
Male Suit Saber from Fate Prototype
Imitation Black Kagamine Len
Li_Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #400
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Insanity View Post
I would make it a high waisted skirt or a pinafore that has a neckline going directly below the bust (as with how Lisbeth's dress sits), general simple tailoring to your body shape until low hips wth 3 panels on the front and 3 on the back and then pleat the fabric for the skirt part of the skirt and sew onto the top, fitting part.
Wow thanks! What kind of pleats should I do? I was thinking inverted pleats?

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #401
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Wow thanks! What kind of pleats should I do? I was thinking inverted pleats?
No prob. I'd go with box pleats.
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #402
Nemi

I haven't really posted here much for the past couple of weeks. Heh. I finally have something SAO-related I'm making in the future (after I'm done with my second cosplay).

http://nemirin.tumblr.com/image/43992193074

It's made out of foam board, but the base support will be a dowel rod and craft chipboard. I'm starting out with this cause I've never done props and plus foam boards are cheap from the dollar store.

Cosplays For 2013/2014
Asuna Yuuki (SAO): 90% ~ Gou Matsuoka (Free!): 95%
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts): 65% ~ Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats!): 20% ~ Sayaka Miki (PMMM): 5%

Cons I'm Attending
TigerCon, NekoCon, VA Comic Con
Nemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #403
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

Oh yeah, since I'll probably be a regular in this thread I should introduce myself. I'm more of a novel fan than a fan of the anime but I do enjoy the anime and if a character's anime design is out I'll follow it rather than the novel's illustration.
So far I have cosplayed Lisbeth and are 90% complete on Sinon. I plan to make Klein, Lisbeth's ALO version and Absolute Sword later this year.
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #404
Nemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Insanity View Post
Oh yeah, since I'll probably be a regular in this thread I should introduce myself. I'm more of a novel fan than a fan of the anime but I do enjoy the anime and if a character's anime design is out I'll follow it rather than the novel's illustration.
So far I have cosplayed Lisbeth and are 90% complete on Sinon. I plan to make Klein, Lisbeth's ALO version and Absolute Sword later this year.
Hi there and welcome. I completed my Asuna cosplay this year and wore it at Katsucon 19. I have yet to finish Lambent Light for her cause it's made out of wood and my friend made it for me, for free at least.

I'm sorta tempted to make Sinon, but I'm not sure. Most likely, I wanna make this cosplay:

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...ge_thumb94.png

It's a new character from the SAO PSP game.

Cosplays For 2013/2014
Asuna Yuuki (SAO): 90% ~ Gou Matsuoka (Free!): 95%
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts): 65% ~ Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats!): 20% ~ Sayaka Miki (PMMM): 5%

Cons I'm Attending
TigerCon, NekoCon, VA Comic Con
Nemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #405
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

KOTS, that would've been a way better way to do that lol I actually just finished it about 10 min ago. I did black first, but it badly got on the bevel at all so it made things easier lol I taped off the middle
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)