Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #151
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztastic View Post
I haven't been in Tool Cool in years...back in middle school the lady working accused me and my friends of stealing. It's not our fault she didn't charge us for a $0.75 candy (one out of a whole pile we were buying). We thought she did, paid and left yet she tracked us down on the other side of the mall to demand us for the money...wasn't very nice.

ImaniRine, omg, you're doing Aveline!? Aaahhh, I wish I could make it to C2E2 because I'd love to see it! Bad sadly it's not over my spring break this year and I go to college in the South Any chance you'd be going to Wizard World in August?
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at that Too Cool I have been going there when they were still on the second floor, and the owner has always been nice to me. I go to browse mostly now since there's nothing I want there.

With the comic con talk from a few people in this thread, I'm planning as of now to go to both C2E2 and Wizard World this year. Going to be my first comic conventions, so I'm excited!!!
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:59 AM   #152
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...
 
DarkCloudInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,638
Oh yeah, Anime World Chicago... well, Anime World Expos was eaten by (err... combined with?) Wizard World...

So this maybe the last time Anime World Chicago is independent. Not sure based on their facebook posting this past week. The two crowds are way too different really.
__________________
Facebook (Friend|Fan) - Twitter
RWBY: Blake Belladonna - Gambol Shroud FUNCTIONAL: Done!
RWBY: Pyrrha Nikos - Milo FUNCTIONAL: Designing
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #153
Ravenous-Spirit
Registered User
 
Ravenous-Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
Wow, I really need to try and log on to this account more often >.>

A group of friends and I are going to Acen this year and it will be all of our first times there. So we'll finally see all these cosplayers from Chicago! I've recently accepted that there isn't many people in the Peoria area that share my interest D:
Ravenous-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #154
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous-Spirit View Post
Wow, I really need to try and log on to this account more often >.>

A group of friends and I are going to Acen this year and it will be all of our first times there. So we'll finally see all these cosplayers from Chicago! I've recently accepted that there isn't many people in the Peoria area that share my interest D:
You'll love Acen! The dealer room itself is amazing!!!!!! All the awesome cosplays everywhere too ^.^

They may also be cosplayers around your area, just that they don't cosplay around randomly and maybe no cons by you to cosplay at :/
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #155
Ravenous-Spirit
Registered User
 
Ravenous-Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
You'll love Acen! The dealer room itself is amazing!!!!!! All the awesome cosplays everywhere too ^.^

They may also be cosplayers around your area, just that they don't cosplay around randomly and maybe no cons by you to cosplay at :/
I'm really excited about the dealer room! I've seen some videos and it looks awesome compared to the little cons I've been to so far X3

We've managed to find a few but it's been awhile coming ^^; We do have Anime ZAP here but it tends to attract a much younger crowd, but it's still expanding.
Ravenous-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #156
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Yeah, the dealer room is very epic! I swear it's about 3x (or more) bigger than the last 5 cons I went to dealer rooms put together!

Good to know that Anime ZAP probably isn't worth the 2 and a half hour drive, since I was really considering going for just one day next year :/
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #157
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny
 
Noize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToraRaven View Post
Same here! I'm surprised another Skokie person is on here...*grin*
I don't live in Skokie but I'm next door! I live in Wilmette. Neighbor town here!
__________________
Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]
Okita Souji [Hakuouki]
Riku [Kingdom Hearts II]
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]


Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Armin Arlet or Levi [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Aqua [Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep]


Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #158
Ravenous-Spirit
Registered User
 
Ravenous-Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Yeah, the dealer room is very epic! I swear it's about 3x (or more) bigger than the last 5 cons I went to dealer rooms put together!

Good to know that Anime ZAP probably isn't worth the 2 and a half hour drive, since I was really considering going for just one day next year :/
Zap is only in it's 4th year, so it has room to grow. One day wasn't enough for us so this last time we went all weekend and it was fun (then again we knew people). Just..lots of immaturity, huge age gaps, dealer/artist alleyway was mediocre, and the organization was really off this last time. Since our tickets only cost our group a pretty penny each, we probably shouldn't complain >_>;
Ravenous-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #159
MattxLover
Angel of the Freakin Lord
 
MattxLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 91
Libertyville, IL. I've been going to ACEN for 6 years now Nice to see some people who live really close.
__________________
I knew I had a problem when my reflex reaction to someone asking if I wanted more coffee was to smash the mug on the floor and shout "ANOTHER!"

ACEN 2014
-----------
Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
MattxLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #160
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous-Spirit View Post
Zap is only in it's 4th year, so it has room to grow. One day wasn't enough for us so this last time we went all weekend and it was fun (then again we knew people). Just..lots of immaturity, huge age gaps, dealer/artist alleyway was mediocre, and the organization was really off this last time. Since our tickets only cost our group a pretty penny each, we probably shouldn't complain >_>;
It's such a drive, that I may consider getting a hotel for it if I go. Then again, if the con is that small maybe I should save the hotel cost for an out of state con that is closer and also probably bigger and better, lol XD Guest list is somewhat important to me too, and Zap being somewhat small doesn't seem to have anyone I want to meet really I don't know too many people who go to Zap either. I was highly considering going for one day this year, but they didn't sell one day passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattxLover View Post
Libertyville, IL. I've been going to ACEN for 6 years now Nice to see some people who live really close.
I have only been going for 5 years to Acen, and was impressed by it the first time that I have been going every year since. I'm on super con addiction right now though and will go to every somewhat big con within 1 and a half hour from where I live, lol. List just continues to grow.
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #161
ToasterPuppy
Registered User
 
ToasterPuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeSwan View Post
Anyone here attending Anime St. Louis? If so please contact me, we're looking for a Vaporeon Cosplayer for Saturday!
I will be attending but I don't have that cosplay (or the time ) but never fear I know that every year I have gone I have seen at least one Vaporeon and last year on Saturday I saw two right around the time of the rave~
__________________
Conventions: Anime St. Louis 2011and 2012
Cosplay: Battle Royal Student (Done)
Colonial March Hare OC (Done)
In Progress for 2013 ASTL:
Sister Evelyn from THE FALL (85%)
Fix It Felix JR (85%)
Deviantart: http://moonchildladyshadow.deviantart.com/

Their greatest error was thinking that they could make us into willing puppets who would fill the thankless
role of your everyday villain without complaint... They were wrong!
ToasterPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #162
girlinthestars
Lunarex
 
girlinthestars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 356
I always check on the Illinois threads, even though I'm not in Illinois. I'm from south Central Wisconsin, 5 minutes from the border. uh, about 20 minutes from Beloit.) There seems to be never anyone around me so here I lurk.

Can't wait til ACEN this year, 3rd year and I feel more confident that I'll be less of a noob, and socially awkward. I might try and get to Kollisioncon this year depending on the dates and what I'm doing. I always hear a lot about it.
Another con if your willing to drive is Geek.kon in Madison. Its small, but its geeky!

Yeah, so hi!
__________________
Next Convention:
Anime Iowa


Next Costumes


Recent Completed Costumes
Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
girlinthestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #163
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinthestars View Post
I always check on the Illinois threads, even though I'm not in Illinois. I'm from south Central Wisconsin, 5 minutes from the border. uh, about 20 minutes from Beloit.) There seems to be never anyone around me so here I lurk.

Can't wait til ACEN this year, 3rd year and I feel more confident that I'll be less of a noob, and socially awkward. I might try and get to Kollisioncon this year depending on the dates and what I'm doing. I always hear a lot about it.
Another con if your willing to drive is Geek.kon in Madison. Its small, but its geeky!

Yeah, so hi!
I have talked to a few other con goers, and a lot of them seem to like Kollision Con the most out of the IL cons (except maybe Acen), lol. Kollision Con in 2011 was awesome, but last year it was pretty lacking to me. Worth checking out though, especially with the location change this year!
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #164
JuliSerenade
Love is a futile battle ~
 
JuliSerenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 35
Hi There One and All!

I'm currently relocating to the grand state of Illinois (I hail from New York City! ) and I'll be living (for the time being) in Deerfield which is near Chicago but overall Illinois will be my new home!

I wanted to know if there is anybody who lives near that area since I would love to make new and amazing awesome cosplay friends! And show me around a bit (though I am familiar with Downtown Chicago but asides that and Deerfield there isn't much else I know about this lovely state) since I would love to get to know people and start AH-MAH-ZING new friendships!!

: D
JuliSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #165
dx7879
King of the Pirates!
 
dx7879's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliSerenade View Post
Hi There One and All!

I'm currently relocating to the grand state of Illinois (I hail from New York City! ) and I'll be living (for the time being) in Deerfield which is near Chicago but overall Illinois will be my new home!

I wanted to know if there is anybody who lives near that area since I would love to make new and amazing awesome cosplay friends! And show me around a bit (though I am familiar with Downtown Chicago but asides that and Deerfield there isn't much else I know about this lovely state) since I would love to get to know people and start AH-MAH-ZING new friendships!!

: D
I don't live near Chicago, but I can at least recommend you some places to check out depending on what kind of transportation you have I would recommend checking out Mitsuwa in Shcumburg if you get a chance which is a Japanese marketplace. They have a book store, grocery store, food court, etc. The book store does sell manga, but most of them are in Japanese. If you're ever in the Downers Grove area, check out Fry's Electronics because they're AMAZING for buying anime

Also if you're a con goer, there's plenty of cons in the Rosemont area such as Anime Central, Anime Midwest, and Kollision con. Besides that, if you're by Chicago there's a bunch of museums and stuff down there if you're into things like that.

Besides that though, I got nothing :/
__________________
Facebook Page

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.