Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 407 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #4891
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Actually, I think that this about covers it:

For all the moderates out there, David Frum had a good column today. It's nominally about Andrew Breitbart on the first anniversary of his death, but hits the nail on the head about political extremists - be they right or left wing.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #4892
KiraFan101

Last night i talked on the phone with two friends who are both republicans. They started talking about politics and said that Bush did so much for this country and Obama didn't. They said that all democratic presidents were bad. I hung up the phone. They called back and then we had an interesting conversation aboutgay people because i have a friend who is gay. They said it is terrible to be gay. That pissed me off even more because they're so nice and you can talk to them about anything. I told them that they were extremly right wing repulicans because it's okay to like who ever you want and since they are both homo-phobic, I bet they're gonna turn out gay, too. so to all you rebublicans out there, tell me what you think.
Unread 03-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #4893
sam vimes
A real live wire

Hugo Chavez dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #4894
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
And apparently it was a US plot that killed him.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #4895
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Wait, so Dr. Manhattan exists?
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #4896
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Wait, so Dr. Manhattan exists?
Nope, only Ozymandias.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #4897
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Nope, only Ozymandias.
SSSSHHHHH, this isn't how misdirecting the blame works!
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #4898
Scorpion89
The Master

As someone who has been effected by the sequester ( USAF Airshow Season Canceled) I have a question can we please get back the 550 Million that we just gave to Countries and since the White House has decide to stop tours on the weekends and might be signing off on having the Smithsonian only open 3 days a week could the 1st Family STOP FLYING ALL OVER THE BLOODY COUNTRY.

Nothing like spending a a million to go play golf with Tiger jeeze that money could have I don't know keep the Tours open.
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #4899
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

So, North Korea's at it again. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...ar-threat.html
If China refuses to back them this time (and considering they have a much bigger reason to stay friendly with the US in place of the DPRK....), they wouldn't last five minutes if they actually try a full-out attack/war. Which is what I'm guessing is why they keep issuing empty threats. I for one would love to see that failed attempt of a state destroyed. They can only starve, deprive and blinker their citizens for so long.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #4900
Bisected8

From what I hear, NK tend to do this every so often anyway. I doubt it'll amount to anything this time either.

Unread 03-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #4901
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Considering they also declared the armistice invalid this time (and no, not the first time they have) along with nuclear threats, you can see where there's more tension this time.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #4902
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
As someone who has been effected by the sequester
I'm less concerned about the President playing golf and more concerned about the way the government does budgets in general.

For example, if a military unit gets a $200k budget for one fiscal year, whether they actually need 200k worth of stuff or not, they spend the entire budget, figuring out random stuff to buy, because they will only get what they spent this year for next year (like if they have 200k for FY13 but only spend 150k, they'll only get 150k for FY14). So units buy all kinds of useless crap they don't need just to eat up their surplus budget.

Now factor in that every unit in the military and every agency in the government does this exact same thing and it all adds up.

And don't even get me started on contracting...
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #4903
Bisected8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Considering they also declared the armistice invalid this time (and no, not the first time they have) along with nuclear threats, you can see where there's more tension this time.
Hmm, I'm not sure. At the very least, China can probably keep them in line (if only to avoid the influx of refugees). Kim Jon-Un and whoever actually holds the power in NK these days (I'll be amazed if it ever turns out he isn't just a figurehead) know full well that if they start anything, they'll probably be claiming not to recognise the court in the Hague or dead before the end of the month no matter what happens. It's all just sabre rattling for internal politics.

Oh, and in an unrelated matter; apparently Zerglings have feelings. Silly PETA.

Unread 03-13-2013, 04:46 AM   #4904
One Lost Boy

More news on North Korea.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...000100315.HTML

These missiles would be blown away before they actually reached their target, if they were indeed launched, but it seems like they are a bit more serious this time.
One Lost Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #4905
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I'm less concerned about the President playing golf and more concerned about the way the government does budgets in general.

For example, if a military unit gets a $200k budget for one fiscal year, whether they actually need 200k worth of stuff or not, they spend the entire budget, figuring out random stuff to buy, because they will only get what they spent this year for next year (like if they have 200k for FY13 but only spend 150k, they'll only get 150k for FY14). So units buy all kinds of useless crap they don't need just to eat up their surplus budget.

Now factor in that every unit in the military and every agency in the government does this exact same thing and it all adds up.

And don't even get me started on contracting...
Sorry but that's not really how the the DoD Budget Works not sure where your getting your info from, also the DoD Budgets usually are 5 year budgets for most big ticket items,while the so-called DoD slush fund is a yearly voted item.