Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #31
Kaliza

Nuts are high in calories though.
Kaliza is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #32
Nippi

Can I jump in on this? I need more people to yell at me if I haven't done my routine for the day. Last year I lost roughly 50lbs and started to slack off near the end of the year due to an injury, now I'm having a hard time getting back into my routine every day. So, yeah, need people to yell at me or something.

I've been using Fitocracy to track all my work outs and weight loss. It doesn't have all the graphing stuff some other sites have, but it functions like an RPG with leveling up, challenges(quests), and I guess you can challenge people to duels where at the end of the week your total earned points are compared? It's pretty easy to setup a group on the site, so if you all are interested I could make one on there/someone could for organized yelling/motivational speeches?

And I just ate a bunch of nuts last night. I had a craving for something crunchy that wasn't lettuce.
Nippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #33
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippi View Post
I've been using Fitocracy to track all my work outs and weight loss. It doesn't have all the graphing stuff some other sites have, but it functions like an RPG with leveling up, challenges(quests), and I guess you can challenge people to duels where at the end of the week your total earned points are compared? It's pretty easy to setup a group on the site, so if you all are interested I could make one on there/someone could for organized yelling/motivational speeches?
You could try a Cosplay Forum group?

There are already heaps of motivational ones out there.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #34
totorolover
Sleep is 4 loserS!

Good luck to everyone with your goals!
Im jumping on he fitness threads to get ready for a spandax cosplay :/... not tryimg to loose much weight but i am cutting sugars and just working out more..i hate gyms for some reason so i got some resistance bands and use that while watching anime...great for toning. And some good old jogging.

Ktcaine. For sugar cravings i eat bannanas....just one inbetween meals if i need it they also help u feel fuller and are great for the body

And i read this on another thread but i think its one of the most importand things about a diet...try not to eat more than your body needs. Say your at work or school Sitting most of the day,and you know your going to go home and be a couch potatoe because your tired at the end of the day, Dont have a huge fatty lunch...your body wont be burning anythg off. Have healthy snacks if ur get hungry between meals..

Jusremember everyone think healthy eat healthy.....oh and cupcakes once in a while are good rewards

costume list

chii- clamp no kieske cover
Dream - sandman comics
caption harlock (for husband)
totoro dress (daughter)
totorolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #35
Persiflage88

I like the following maxim; I believe it was coined by the Navy SEALs

"Be perfect 90% of the time, but the other 10%, cheat like hell."

Keeps me sane.
Persiflage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #36
Krazer

This sounds like a good thread to jump in on. Back in high-school I used to be a boxer. So I was in pretty decent shape. Sadly though I moved away from sunny California to snowy Wisconsin and found out I suffered from SAD. Never realized it before thanks to the eternal sunshine of my home state. Now here in the fall and winter I lost all motivation and quickly gained about a 110 pounds. So here I sit tired of letting the seasonal cycles get the best of me. I've already lost 48 pounds bringing me from 310 to 262(lost two pounds this week.) Hopefully by comic con, in May, I will lose another forty pounds. Hopefully being active on this site will keep me from slacking off.
Krazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #37
Gnosis

So, I have found out that a really good motivator (well...at least in the gym) to keep pushing myself is listening to "epic movie chase scene music." Examples: Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, and more stuff along those lines.

It makes me feel kind of awesome.
Gnosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #38
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

I am 5'6 and 118.. I tend to lose really fast.. But I also gain really fast. I just not eat much. (eat everything that I need to not pass out) and then next day I lose a pound. I did this for a week and lost 7 pounds.
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #39
Krazer

Rejoice! Down two more pounds! Only 57 more to go!
Krazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #40
FireInMyEyes
Native American Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliza View Post
Nuts are high in calories though.
That's like saying "DON'T EAT FRUIT!" because it has sugar. There's a difference between calories that DO something for you and calories that DON'T do anything.
Eating 600 calories worth of nuts is a whole heck of a lot better than eating 600 calories worth of candy and popcorn.

"I dare say you haven't had much practice. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why,sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!
-The White Queen
FireInMyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #41
ErzaScarlet

Drinking 28oz or more of water can eles help lose weight. I had to start birth controll becuse of medicl resons which made me gain 30 pounds mind you I was not light but lighter I was 170 befoe the pill and become 200. I am barely down to 180 now. Also excires and healthy food. When in whole form and not porssed there better for us.
Unread 03-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #42
FireInMyEyes
Native American Overlord

Haha, I drink so much more than that. I drink a least 85 oz of water a day. I get my miminum by taking my weight and dividing by two, that's how much you should drink every day.
Plus, think of how much you need water for you body to be healthy and function.
Brain: 74.5% water
Blood: 83% water
Kidneys: 83% water
Liver: 86% water
Muscles: 76% water
Bones: 22% water
Connective Tissue: 60% water
Skin: 70% water
Fat: 20% water

I hope this helps you all drink FIVE BUCKET LOADS OF WATER EVERYDAY!!!!

"I dare say you haven't had much practice. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why,sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!
-The White Queen
FireInMyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #43
CD3Heart

weight

If anyone wants to lose weight one of the best techniques is to put a picture up of a model somewhere in ur room. Every morning u will wake up and do ur exercises because u r motivated to lose weight. That picture will remind u that u need to lose weight to be healthy and fit. It worked for me x), I workout every morning for at least 15 mins to give my metabolism a boost. It sounds silly but it works.
CD3Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #44
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD3Heart View Post
If anyone wants to lose weight one of the best techniques is to put a picture up of a model somewhere in ur room. Every morning u will wake up and do ur exercises because u r motivated to lose weight. That picture will remind u that u need to lose weight to be healthy and fit. It worked for me x), I workout every morning for at least 15 mins to give my metabolism a boost. It sounds silly but it works.
I have done that for my laptop and phone wallpaper since I am on both a lot.

Actually seeing progress in myself is motivation enough. After my workout last week I was feeling great and I went to my mirror and did some stupid flexing poses and I noticed that I have definition on the outside of my arms. I have always had a little on the inside but never the outside.

But I must say, I LOVE lifting weights. Its a great way to stay motivated. Each time I want to lift more than the last time and I am able to set little goals that are easy to achieve and don't take long. Like one of them was to run a mile in 8 minutes. DONE! I wanted to squat 260 lbs. DONE! Next I want to be able to do pull ups without weight assistance, and bench my body weight (135 lbs). Right now I can pull up with weight assistance about 125 lbs so I am close, and my bench is 85, also getting close. My new running goal is 7:30 minute mile. I think I can do it but I haven't tried yet. Since lifting I have moved from girly push ups to regular ones and I can bust out 30 no problem (3 sets of 10 normally)

Here is the definition in my arms that I am so proud of

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14

Last edited by nikkiolie : 03-06-2013 at 12:11 PM.
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #45
improvised

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErzaScarlet View Post
Drinking 28oz or more of water can eles help lose weight. I had to start birth controll becuse of medicl resons which made me gain 30 pounds mind you I was not light but lighter I was 170 befoe the pill and become 200. I am barely down to 180 now. Also excires and healthy food. When in whole form and not porssed there better for us.
28 oz is much too low. You need to be drinking AT LEAST 64 oz a day if not more. I usually drink close to 120 oz.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote